PDA

View Full Version : Jersey issue

tmill20
03-14-2009, 09:36 AM
So I was an idiot and bought an authentic Swisher jersey last year, and I wanted to know if anybody knew where I could get it changed to another player at. I bought it at Grandstand, and I don't know if they can change the lettering to another player. Anybody know if they do, and if they do, how much?

lloyder
03-14-2009, 09:48 AM
I feel like you should have to keep it as penance for making the purchase in the first place :smile:

grv1974
03-14-2009, 09:56 AM
So I was an idiot and bought an authentic Swisher jersey last year, and I wanted to know if anybody knew where I could get it changed to another player at. I bought it at Grandstand, and I don't know if they can change the lettering to another player. Anybody know if they do, and if they do, how much?

I would just keep it like that. If they start taking the lettering off and putting new ones on, it might look crappy.

TheOldRoman
03-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Exclusive Pro Sports (http://exclusivepro.com) in Rockford strips and reattributes jerseys. It will take a couple of months from door to door, though. EPS is the place that does the customizing for Grandstand.

Do yourself a favor and buy a seam ripper from Walmart for $2. Go around the edge of the bottom layer of the numbers and letters and cut every thread. After that, they should peel right off. I have stripped a handful of jerseys myself. It is a little time consuming, but not too hard. It is much cheaper than having them do it, and it will probably save you a week, also.

I actually have an authentic Swisher, also. The only difference is I picked it up for $10 on ebay in November. I plan on stripping it, too.:D: (http://exclusivepro.com/)

DumpJerry
03-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Have you tried calling Grandstand with your question?

tmill20
03-14-2009, 10:39 AM
i should probably call there and see. i'd keep swisher on it for the hell of it, but the ex bought it for me, she liked swisher, and they both suck so its time for a change lol.

esbrechtel
03-14-2009, 11:32 AM
you might have a problem getting another player on it just because the MLBPA has some weird rules...

kittle42
03-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Have you tried calling Grandstand with your question?

Come on, Dump, what's easier, calling Grandstand or posting here, waiting several hours to read some responses, and then calling Grandstand? :D:

DumpJerry
03-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Come on, Dump, what's easier, calling Grandstand or posting here, waiting several hours to read some responses, and then calling Grandstand? :D:
You left out the part about possibly obtaining incorrect information here.

But, you're right. I don't know what I was thinking......

soxpride724
03-14-2009, 01:25 PM
I actually called Grandstand yesterday with this question. I have a Lance Broadway jersey (Don't ask) and they will strip the lettering for $30.00.

Hope this helps.

03-14-2009, 02:03 PM
I actually called Grandstand yesterday with this question. I have a Lance Broadway jersey (Don't ask) and they will strip the lettering for $30.00.

Hope this helps.

How much for new lettering?

#1swisher
03-14-2009, 02:54 PM

I know how you feel:redface: At least I didn't buy his jersey.:tongue:

scarsofthumper
03-14-2009, 04:40 PM

Hope this helps.
You are a brave, brave soul.

soxlady8
03-14-2009, 06:03 PM
I got one last year in the summer from my mom for my Graduate School Graduation Present -- I think I am just going to keep it as is --
I am going to a SOX-YANKEES game in the summer (2nd row bleachers ) and maybe he will be playing !!!
I liked what Swish stood for --
He was a guys type of guy ... and he really did take time out for the fans and for the community ... I just wished he would have performed better on the field during his time here --

Mom feels bad , she asked me who I would like now ---
not sure ---- :(
Maybe one that just has the letters 8 or 08 and soxlady on the back !!
THAT WAY would be SAFE !!

Frontman
03-14-2009, 08:03 PM

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I can now get my Ryan Bukvich jersey relettered!!!

tm1119
03-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Highly doubt they would actually re-letter it for you. Wouldn't make sense for them business wise. They wouldnt sell nearly as many jerseys if people could just get a different palyers name put on the back everytime they felt like switching.

Frontman
03-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Highly doubt they would actually re-letter it for you. Wouldn't make sense for them business wise. They wouldnt sell nearly as many jerseys if people could just get a different palyers name put on the back everytime they felt like switching.

Except sometimes the new name/removal costs can rival that of a new jersey. In this case; considering that our fellow WSIer here wants to "do away with the old" since this was from an ex, I think the money is well worth being spent!

hi im skot
03-14-2009, 09:08 PM

Grandstand does this all the time.

Jerseys aren't made so you can constantly replace names and numbers, but the authentic ones can typically handle one surgery job, especially if it's a black alternate, which hides this type of work better than the home and road jerseys.

tm1119
03-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Ok I stand corrected. But if the repair job rivals the price of a new jersey than why not just buy the new jersey?

LongLiveFisk
03-14-2009, 10:34 PM
This is why I don't believe in buying player jerseys unless you already know you won't care if the player gets traded, retires, etc. For example, my Fisk jerseys are timeless classics whether he's presently on the roster or not.

Along these lines, it bugs me that I can't find the regular black Sox shirts without a player's name on the back. I don't know why they can't just make plain ones with the Sox logo on the front and NOTHING on the back. :mad:

voodoochile
03-14-2009, 10:42 PM

How is this different than lettering a blank jersey which they do all the time? For sentimental reasons, I bought a blank jersey at the park (after a win) and had Grandstand letter it for me.

minutia
03-15-2009, 06:52 PM
This is why I don't believe in buying player jerseys unless you already know you won't care if the player gets traded, retires, etc. For example, my Fisk jerseys are timeless classics whether he's presently on the roster or not.

Along these lines, it bugs me that I can't find the regular black Sox shirts without a player's name on the back. I don't know why they can't just make plain ones with the Sox logo on the front and NOTHING on the back. :mad:
I have a plain black alternate jersey that I bought at Grandstand, unless you are talking about a T-shirt and not an jersey. I have never seen a T with nothing on the back.

LongLiveFisk
03-15-2009, 08:40 PM
I have a plain black alternate jersey that I bought at Grandstand, unless you are talking about a T-shirt and not an jersey. I have never seen a T with nothing on the back.

Yes I am talking about the black t-shirt. I would love to get one without a player name on the back but I never find them plain.

Frontman
03-16-2009, 06:34 AM
Yes I am talking about the black t-shirt. I would love to get one without a player name on the back but I never find them plain.

Actually, watch for them at non-sports stores like Sears/Penny's/K-mart/Wall-Mart, etc. I have one, but I don't recall where I got it. I want to say Sears.

bruno1445
03-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Here's a black T, without any player on the back:

http://store.majesticathletic.com/Chicago-White-Sox-Black-Wordmark-T-Shirt_-919613031_PD.html

soxpride724
03-16-2009, 09:49 PM
You are a brave, brave soul.

LOL! I actualy purchased it that way, it was on clearence.

FedEx227
03-16-2009, 09:51 PM
This is why I only get shirt jerseys. I can live with losing $20-30 by buying a Freddy Garcia or Magglio Ordonez... or Rickie Weeks :whiner:

HomeFish
03-16-2009, 10:04 PM
My next jersey is going to be

FARMER

IronFisk
03-17-2009, 12:44 AM
I don't need new lettering - just a new jersey for my son. Does Grandstand do any stretching too?

:redneck

DumpJerry
03-17-2009, 07:47 AM
I don't need new lettering - just a new jersey for my son. Does Grandstand do any stretching too?

:redneck
Stretching? We're talking jerseys, not shoes. I think buying a new jersey the right size might be in order......

beasly213
03-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Triple threat sports in Mokena will do it for $40.00

http://www.triplethreatsports.com/faq/index.html

I would just go with your own name on the back though as to save yourself another headache down the road.

Unless you are a big Tim Raines fan....

AZChiSoxFan
03-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Stretching? We're talking jerseys, not shoes. I think buying a new jersey the right size might be in order......

Easy Dump. You're throwing out some radical ideas here.

sox102
03-18-2009, 01:08 PM
I would just go with your own name on the back though as to save yourself another headache down the road.

This is exactly what I do and all my buddies do. I'm sure some of you have seen the "KEG" or "GOT BEER?" or "BEETLEMAN" jerseys. Some don't even have numbers on them. #, ?, XLT, 420 are some of the "numbers". :cool:

LongLiveFisk
03-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Here's a black T, without any player on the back:

http://store.majesticathletic.com/Chicago-White-Sox-Black-Wordmark-T-Shirt_-919613031_PD.html

I wish the Sox logo was a little bigger, but that's the gist of it. Thanks. :smile: