PDA

View Full Version : Skip Schumaker?

gr8mexico
03-14-2009, 07:06 AM
The White Sox should consider trading for Skip Schumaker.
Skip plays the OF especially CF but the Cardinals are trying to use him at 2B this year and it's not working out.
Chris Getz for Skip Schumaker
Make it happend Kenny

veeter
03-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Nah, Owens straight up for him. Make it happening Kenny!!!

FedEx227
03-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Nothing helps the Cardinals get rid of their glut of outfielders like acquiring an OFer.

That's the point of giving them Getz. They are trying to move a centerfielder (Skip) to 2B. Instead of that, how about we take their above-average CF and they take our 2B.

kittle42
03-14-2009, 11:53 AM
The first thing I checked was the time of the first post to see if this was a drunken rambling. Then, I saw it was gr8mexico.

gr8mexico
03-14-2009, 01:18 PM
The first thing I checked was the time of the first post to see if this was a drunken rambling. Then, I saw it was gr8mexico.
OH kittle42 people are right you are an ******* !!!

munchman33
03-14-2009, 01:30 PM
This trade makes a lot of sense for both teams, and we'd get the slight edge in talent.

However, it means Lillibridge or Beckman becomes the starter (sorry Nix). Which might not be terrible, but it's still a risk.

sox1970
03-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks for taking my idea, and making a thread out of it.

I think it's a fine trade. Heck I'd even throw in a Jerry Owens and Lance Broadway. :gulp:

JermaineDye05
03-14-2009, 02:10 PM
I think someone on this board emailed Boers & Bernstein the other day, cause they discussed it and said that it was an interesting idea that could work out for both teams.

UChicagoHP
03-14-2009, 02:46 PM
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/S/skip-schumaker.shtml

He'd certainly be an up-grade over the "talent" we have now. Considering his age(28) and the Cardinals depth at the position, he could probably be had if Kenny Williams decides Wise/Owens/Anderson isn't going to cut it.

EnglishChiSox
03-14-2009, 03:05 PM
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/S/skip-schumaker.shtml

He'd certainly be an up-grade over the "talent" we have now. Considering his age(28) and the Cardinals depth at the position, he could probably be had if Kenny Williams decides Wise/Owens/Anderson isn't going to cut it.

I presume they're trying him at 2nd to make room for Rasmus?

Schumaker would be a nice addition to the team but i feel the Sox would need to give something up as well an infielder.

tm1119
03-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Getz for Schumaker wouldn't be a bad deal. They will most likely put up similar #'s and given our obvious need for a CF it makes a lot of sense. Getz most likely doesnt have a future as a starter on this team with Beckham on his way sooner or later. Dont think Schumaker would really solve our problems completely though, hes certainly not a long term solution to our never ending CF problem.

kittle42
03-15-2009, 05:44 AM
OH kittle42 people are right you are an ******* !!!

Tell them I said thanks. I'd say they're pretty accurate.

FedEx227
03-15-2009, 12:32 PM
I think someone on this board emailed Boers & Bernstein the other day, cause they discussed it and said that it was an interesting idea that could work out for both teams.

I've actually seen it at other boards and at a few rumor sites, I think it's been making the rounds. I saw it at a non-White Sox board a few days before this post, but maybe it was one of us? Who knows.