PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how Corwin Malone's doin?

RedPinStripes
05-27-2002, 12:25 AM
I don't know much about him. All i know is he was impressive last year. From what i understand, he won't be a starter.

Vsahajpal
05-27-2002, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I don't know much about him. All i know is he was impressive last year. From what i understand, he won't be a starter.

That's right, he'll be a bullpen catcher!

Seriously though, he has plus velocity for a southpaw, his best pitch is the curve, it's a serious downer! His change is coming along. As with most young pitchers, control is the key to his success. He's already given up 33 walks in just under 60 IP so far at Birmingham, and so while his record is 5-2, his 4.25 ERA isnt' really indicative of the kind of pitcher he can be. He'll turn 22 in July.

RedPinStripes
05-27-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

That's right, he'll be a bullpen catcher!

Seriously though, he has plus velocity for a southpaw, his best pitch is the curve, it's a serious downer! His change is coming along. As with most young pitchers, control is the key to his success. He's already given up 33 walks in just under 60 IP so far at Birmingham, and so while his record is 5-2, his 4.25 ERA isnt' really indicative of the kind of pitcher he can be. He'll turn 22 in July.

Thanx dude.

I figured it wasn't too good since no one's talking about him anymore.

Randar68
05-28-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Thanx dude.

I figured it wasn't too good since no one's talking about him anymore.

He can still be something special. Last year was a great year for him and he's going to have to repeat it but at a higher level. When he settles in and gets his confidence back, he'll be OK. I wasn't a big fan of seeing him in Spring Training and he looked a bit overwhelmed or intimidated. With young pitchers, as we know, it's all about confdence.