PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's "A" team at Comiskey

SOXSINCE'70
05-26-2002, 10:46 PM
Since the Sox/Yankmees game will be on ESPN 2 (not good enough for ESPN,i guess),Jon Miller and Joe Morgan will be calling the game tomorrow night.I'll be there in person. I won't be able to hear the usual things like "Gee,Joe,why aren't there more fans at Comiskey Park?" Rumor has the Sox expecting 30 G for the first game (it'll probably be more).It is IMPERITIVE for the Sox to take 2 out of 3 here.And that won't be too easy,even without seeing Mussina,Pettitte,or Fat Ass David Smells (I meant Wells).
Apparently,the Yankmees have discovered the Joy of the Home Run in 2002.From the looks of tonight's game,this will be a huge test for the Sox.
We'll see what we shall see.

:nocubs

ASTROS-7
ScRubs-5

Some things never change!!

Procol Harum
05-26-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70
Rumor has the Sox expecting 30 G for the first game (it'll probably be more).It is IMPERITIVE for the Sox to take 2 out of 3 here.

Unfortunately, if there are 35,000 at the game tomorrow night, you can bet a third of them will be stinkin' Yankee fans--always seems to be that way when NY is in contention.

Agreed, 2 out of 3 would make for a nice statement to both the Yankees and to the rest of the league.

SOXSINCE'70
05-26-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum

Unfortunately, if there are 35,000 at the game tomorrow night, you can bet a third of them will be stinkin' Yankee fans--always seems to be that way when NY is in contention.

Agreed, 2 out of 3 would make for a nice statement to both the Yankees and to the rest of the league.

After all the sun I took in thsi afternoon in Left Field,at least i won't be "A Whiter Shade Of Pale".

But I have been known to be a "Salty Dog" at times.....

Procol Harum
05-26-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70

After all the sun I took in thsi afternoon in Left Field,at least i won't be "A Whiter Shade Of Pale".

But I have been known to be a "Salty Dog" at times.....

But being at that game must've been like watching the "Wreck of the Hesperus." Here's hopin' for your sake that the game didn't make you hop on that "Whisky Train."

HawkDJ
05-26-2002, 11:30 PM

Money is money.

guillen4life13
05-27-2002, 12:15 AM
i'll b there also i look 4ward 2 seeing robin ventura (i'm goin early 2 try and get his autograph)

Tragg
05-27-2002, 12:21 AM
It's too bad that we don't play the Yanks much anymore.
From the 40s through the 60s, we were the only team that consistently competed with them, year after year, on the field. Several of their world titles in that period were achived by 1 or 2 game penant wins over the Sox. There was more than one year where we were the second to best team in baseball.

SOXSINCE'70
05-27-2002, 09:31 AM

But being at that game must've been like watching the "Wreck of the Hesperus." Here's hopin' for your sake that the game didn't make you hop on that "Whisky Train."

If the Sox keep playing like this on Sundays,the "Whisky Train" may soon have a new occupant.This is almost enough to make you drink.And I don't mean those $4.50 plastic cups of Miller Lite.