PDA

View Full Version : Another story: Clemens & steroids

SOXfnNlansing
03-10-2009, 02:43 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090310/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bbo_steroids_clemens;_ylt=As.lq4v8hGPb5RSXBqjC8aUL MxIF

Will it ever end?

DumpJerry
03-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Proves nothing.

voodoochile
03-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Proves nothing.

Proves McNamee had steroids and that at some time he injected Clemens with something. It isn't admissible in court because there's no documented chain of custody or proof that the steroids weren't added later, but you'd have to believe McNamee is one of the worst people possible to take it to that level. I choose to believe that it is what it is on face value - McNamee injected Clemens with steroids and kept the syringes.

Why would he keep syringes that had been used for B12 if he ever even actually injects anyone with B12?

If it was always the plan to save innocent needles to use as blackmail items against Clemens then why didn't he ever use it for said purposes and only turned it over to the feds when they went after him?

Clemens is lying, cheating, guilty punk who is trying to hide behind his wife's skirt.

At least that's IMHO - I could be wrong...

kaufsox
03-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Clemens is lying, cheating, guilty punk who is trying to hide behind his wife's skirt.

I would say he was doing more than hiding behind her skirt, he pretty much threw her in front of an oncoming train.

munchman33
03-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Proves McNamee had steroids and that at some time he injected Clemens with something. It isn't admissible in court because there's no documented chain of custody or proof that the steroids weren't added later, but you'd have to believe McNamee is one of the worst people possible to take it to that level. I choose to believe that it is what it is on face value - McNamee injected Clemens with steroids and kept the syringes.

Why would he keep syringes that had been used for B12 if he ever even actually injects anyone with B12?

If it was always the plan to save innocent needles to use as blackmail items against Clemens then why didn't he ever use it for said purposes and only turned it over to the feds when they went after him?

At least that's IMHO - I could be wrong...

Not that I think this happened...but isn't it possible McNamee injected Clemens with steroids and lied to him about it? Kept the syringes as leverage for blackmail that backfired on him with an investigation?

Once again, not that I think that happened. But not out of the realm of possibility. People do stupid things for money. Especially people who don't have it and are constantly around it.

People are so quick to scream guilt with Clemens. But his case isn't Bonds' case. There's a lot of holes.

voodoochile
03-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Not that I think this happened...but isn't it possible McNamee injected Clemens with steroids and lied to him about it? Kept the syringes as leverage for blackmail that backfired on him with an investigation?

Once again, not that I think that happened. But not out of the realm of possibility. People do stupid things for money. Especially people who don't have it and are constantly around it.

People are so quick to scream guilt with Clemens. But his case isn't Bonds' case. There's a lot of holes.

I'd give that a 2% chance of being the case. Guys like McNamee make their money off of client loyalty. I wouldn't want to be the guy who injected professional athletes with illegal stuff without telling them about it. That's asking for a world of hurt. Also, you'd think by now some of the other guys would have come forward and said, "McNamee injected me without my knowledge too."

Last I checked, Pettit (for example) was saying the exact opposite...

munchman33
03-11-2009, 11:56 AM
I'd give that a 2% chance of being the case. Guys like McNamee make their money off of client loyalty. I wouldn't want to be the guy who injected professional athletes with illegal stuff without telling them about it. That's asking for a world of hurt. Also, you'd think by now some of the other guys would have come forward and said, "McNamee injected me without my knowledge too."

Last I checked, Pettit (for example) was saying the exact opposite...

Yes, but McNamee didn't have an extensive client list. Roger was the richest, and the closest. They were friends. Why would Roger suspect anything? Or perhaps even Roger was the only one not taking steroids, and the only one he couldn't blackmail?

Like I said, I don't necessarily believe that to be the case, but it also shouldn't be completely dismissed by an arbitrary "2% chance of likelihood." Human nature makes it more likely than that. It isn't more likely than Clemens taking steroids, but it gives serious pause to outright judging him. He very well could be telling the truth.

voodoochile
03-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Yes, but McNamee didn't have an extensive client list. Roger was the richest, and the closest. They were friends. Why would Roger suspect anything? Or perhaps even Roger was the only one not taking steroids, and the only one he couldn't blackmail?

Like I said, I don't necessarily believe that to be the case, but it also shouldn't be completely dismissed by an arbitrary "2% chance of likelihood." Human nature makes it more likely than that. It isn't more likely than Clemens taking steroids, but it gives serious pause to outright judging him. He very well could be telling the truth.

You can go there if you want. I have no qualms with my current stance. More so given the revelations that are coming out daily about the number of players who were using. Wonder if Clemens wishes ARod had been outed before he decided to lie to Congress...

thomas35forever
03-11-2009, 02:45 PM
McNamee apparently injected Clemens in the hot tub at Yankee Stadium in 2001.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090311/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bbo_steroids_clemens_mcnamee;_ylt=Alx5Mh93n1ft7mMR K7DPI7k_z7QF

UChicagoHP
03-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Clemens can, and will hide behind his lawyers. He will not face any punishment, and well, his legacy being completely tarnished is probably punishment enough.