PDA

View Full Version : Colon AND Contreras May Start Within A Week

WhiteSoxFan84
03-08-2009, 04:29 AM
I was reading the White Sox/Rangers game recap on ESPN.com from my phone earlier today and I saw that both Bartolo Colon AND Jose Contreras threw 55 pitches yesterday in a bullpen session. They're also both scheduled to throw batting practice on Monday and "without setbacks could pitch in a Cactus League game within a week."

That is some solid news, especially in Contreras' case. A rotation of Buehrle/Floyd/Danks/Contreras/Colon looks a lot better than a rotation consisting of Buehrle/Floyd/Danks/Colon, Poreda, Marquez, Nunez, Broadway, and/or Richard. The main reason I say this is because if Colon and/or Contreras get hurt or are stinking up the joint, we'll have a number of other options to replace them. But if we were to go into the season without Colon and/or Contreras, we'd have 1 or 2 less options to consider.

This also makes our bullpen stronger as Richard will most likely end up in the bullpen to start the season rather than Charlotte.

whitesox901
03-08-2009, 04:47 AM
I was reading the White Sox/Rangers game recap on ESPN.com from my phone earlier today and I saw that both Bartolo Colon AND Jose Contreras threw 55 pitches yesterday in a bullpen session. They're also both scheduled to throw batting practice on Monday and "without setbacks could pitch in a Cactus League game within a week."

That is some solid news, especially in Contreras' case. A rotation of Buehrle/Floyd/Danks/Contreras/Colon looks a lot better than a rotation consisting of Buehrle/Floyd/Danks/Colon, Poreda, Marquez, Nunez, Broadway, and/or Richard. The main reason I say this is because if Colon and/or Contreras get hurt or are stinking up the joint, we'll have a number of other options to replace them. But if we were to go into the season without Colon and/or Contreras, we'd have 1 or 2 less options to consider.

This also makes our bullpen stronger as Richard will most likely end up in the bullpen to start the season rather than Charlotte.

I am so excited and proud of how those two have come along, Im thinking your right about Richard, I'm guessing he's going to be the long relief guy, or at least him or DJ

WhiteSox1989
03-08-2009, 11:31 AM
This amazes me, especially in Contreras' case. Just the fact that he could be throwing batting practice is fantastic.

bigdommer
03-08-2009, 02:23 PM
With Marquez and Richard throwing the ball well and Contreras and Colon progressing, I all of a sudden feel very strongly about the rotation. Don Cooper is a rich man's version of Leo Mazzone.