PDA

View Full Version : Laurence Holmes On Us Sox Fans

kevingrt
05-26-2002, 04:44 PM
Did anyone hear Holmes underground on the Score at Saturday morning around 1:30. HE went completely crazy, and says us "Sox fans dont care about our team." Want to know your comments and if you heard it.

GASHWOUND
05-26-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Did anyone hear Holmes underground on the Score at Saturday morning around 1:30. HE went completely crazy, and says us "Sox fans dont care about our team." Want to know your comments and if you heard it.

If he said that, than he joins the list of the mentally retarded Score hosts already on the air there. What total nonsense. :angry:

MarqSox
05-26-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

If he said that, than he joins the list of the mentally retarded Score hosts already on the air there. What total nonsense. :angry:

The Score has no redeeming qualities.

duke of dorwood
05-26-2002, 05:37 PM
I simply dont listen. I never heard of Sherlock Holmes

duke of dorwood
05-26-2002, 05:40 PM
:britney

Radio is for baseball games and my records

SOXSINCE'70
05-26-2002, 05:42 PM

I am a weekend season ticket holder.My partner and I will attend over 30 games this season.Don't tell me we're not supporting the damn team.I don't give a damn about attendance,why should I?? Is it my fault Reinsdork is a cheapskate owner who,with few exceptions (see Jaimie Navarro),refuses to pay for quality pitching??
And if Laurence (don't call me Larry) Holmes wants his message to be heard,tell him 40 year old men like myself are normally asleep at 1:30 A.M.

:rowand
"Have you seen me?? I'd REALLY like to play left field more often".

RedPinStripes
05-26-2002, 05:59 PM
He must have had dead phones lines. That statement is either complete stupidity, or he was looking to fire up conversation.

duke of dorwood
05-26-2002, 06:05 PM
And therin lies the trouble with "sports" talk

GASHWOUND
05-26-2002, 06:05 PM

I E-mailed him like 20 minutes ago upset about his rant and added some "choice" words and he e-mailed me back like 2 minutes ago. To bad he didn't attach my original message, oh well Here's what he had to say...

From: lwh6@hotmail.com (Laurence*Holmes) Date: Sun, May 26, 2002, 5:57pm To: CJU7@webtv.net Subject: Re: What a retard(we don't care?)
C.J.-
I hope that you understand that I am a Sox fan! My "bush league rant" as you call it, is honest frustration at what is a continuing problem. I don't understand why Sox fans feel that it makes them smarter to sit back in the weeds or underneath the radar. We have a 1st place team in Chicago and it pains me that they are pushed to background! But the Sox are consistently pushed aside because of lack of interest-whether real or imagined.
It makes me sick that everytime that I go to Comiskey (8 times this year), that there hasn't been a full-house. The team deserves better. By no means are they an elite team, but they are something to get excited about. 1 more starter and they can seriously contend with the way that the lineup hits.
I know that there are passionate Sox fans-like yourself-out there, but right now it isn't enough. Either we as Sox fans are sleeping or we don't exist. I prefer to believe the former instead of the latter. I was only trying to wake them up and alert them to the great story that's taking place on 35th and Shields.
Thanks for listening to the show. I appreciate your feedback. In the future, please sign your emails.
Laurence

RedPinStripes
05-26-2002, 06:25 PM
I see his point. He was trying to get the lines lit up. What is there toi talk about on Sunday morning? Belive me, It's not easy to keep talking when there is not much to talk about for 4-5 hours.

Procol Harum
05-26-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I see his point. He was trying to get the lines lit up. What is there toi talk about on Sunday morning? Belive me, It's not easy to keep talking when there is not much to talk about for 4-5 hours.

Everybody here at WSI should realize that baiting various segments of the listening audience is what the whole sports talk scene is all about--especially late at night and on weekends. And the folks at the Score have found a segment of Sox fans who rise to the bait time and time again with this attendance balderdash--it's like a regular radio talk show host opening up the lines on abortion. I will say this--I am getting annoyed at the "Nyaaah-Nyaaah Sox rule, Cubs drool" level of discourse evidenced by some of these so-called Sox fans that call the Score. It's downright embarrassing for the rest of us.

Tragg
05-26-2002, 11:23 PM
Who is Lawrence Holmes?

A relative of John Holmes?

Jerry_Manuel
05-26-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Who is Lawrence Holmes?

A relative of John Holmes?

He works at one of the local sports radio stations.