PDA

View Full Version : J. Hood Searching Our Soul

Viva Magglio
05-26-2002, 04:41 PM
J. Hood has posed the question about us. Many of our fellow Sox fans won't go out to the ballpark, he says. Yet, many of our fellow Sox fans' ripping of the Cubs is neverending. I see it in this message board, and I would consider myself a guilty party easily. Unlike other Sox fans, however, I do not allow my increasing paranoia about the Cubs to supersede my support of the Sox.

What do you think?

duke of dorwood
05-26-2002, 04:45 PM
I ignore the Cubs as much as I can. By staying away from radio, and TV sports. I get my Sox info on Sox broadcasts and here. My support is not effected by the Cubs or anyone on radio. And I do go to games.

cheeses_h_rice
05-26-2002, 04:53 PM
I would hope that Sox fans in the Chicagoland area who rip on Flub fans but refuse to attend Sox games in person would realize how stupid that is. I rip on the Flubs all the time, and I know that I could be going to more games (I had a chance to go to today's game, but passed because I wanted to enjoy the weather), but at least I will get out there 10-15 times this year to help support my team. One can rip on the Flubs AND attend Sox games; I'm living proof!

GASHWOUND
05-26-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
J. Hood has posed the question about us. Many of our fellow Sox fans won't go out to the ballpark, he says. Yet, many of our fellow Sox fans' ripping of the Cubs is neverending. I see it in this message board, and I would consider myself a guilty party easily. Unlike other Sox fans, however, I do not allow my increasing paranoia about the Cubs to supersede my support of the Sox.

What do you think?

I don't think there should be any paranoia or jealousy with the cubs cause we're the winning team in town and have been more often that not the last 10 years. Let our play on the field and record be enough to supersede any ripping of the cubs. That alone should be enough to put the cubs in their place as the 2nd team in town, and not worry about if the media makes the cubs the #1 team they make them out to be now.
Let the fawn over Pryor and the cubs all they want, we'll sneak under the radar and when its all said and done will be the only team in the post-season..That by itself will be all the ripping we need to do, without even saying a word...

RedPinStripes
05-26-2002, 06:45 PM
I guess I'm guilty. I have only been to 2 games so far and i have 3 cubs suck shirts.

I will make my usual 20-25 this year though.