PDA

View Full Version : Sox vs. Dbacks at Chase, Saturday April 4

AZChiSoxFan
03-06-2009, 02:00 PM
On Saturday, April 4th at 1:10 PM (AZ time), the Sox are playing the Dbacks in an exhibition game at Chase Field in Phx. MarySwiss and I were talking about it and we thought it would be fun to get a group of Sox fans to attend the game together.

I'm kind of cheap so I was thinking about the $15 seats in the lower level (near the bullpens) but I am flexible. If you are interested in going, please respond to this thread or send me a PM and let me know what price level seats you are interested in. I'm willing to buy the tickets for the group, and have people reimburse me at the game.

If you have any thoughts on tailgating prior to the game, or hanging out at one of the water holes near the stadium, include that info as well.

MarySwiss
03-06-2009, 05:11 PM
On Saturday, April 4th at 1:10 PM (AZ time), the Sox are playing the Dbacks in an exhibition game at Chase Field in Phx. MarySwiss and I were talking about it and we thought it would be fun to get a group of Sox fans to attend the game together.

I'm kind of cheap so I was thinking about the $15 seats in the lower level (near the bullpens) but I am flexible. If you are interested in going, please respond to this thread or send me a PM and let me know what price level seats you are interested in. I'm willing to buy the tickets for the group, and have people reimburse me at the game.

If you have any thoughts on tailgating prior to the game, or hanging out at one of the water holes near the stadium, include that info as well.

Well, you know I'm up for it, and I may have a friend or two who'll also want to go. I'm fine with the $15 seats, but whatever the group consensus is works for me too.

I've never tailgated at Chase, so I can't contribute there, but I generally head over to Majerle's pregame, although Alice Coopers'town is also pretty cool.

Thanks for posting this. How often do we get the chance to see the Sox play the D'Backs in a major league park? Even though it doesn't count, I cannot think of a better way for Zonies to get warmed up (pun intended) for the regular season!

Rdy2PlayBall
03-06-2009, 08:40 PM
I know this is random, but what is the Sox ST record? The site said 5-5, which makes a lot more sense to me than 4-5... but which is it? :?: Did the Vegas games not count? :scratch:

03-06-2009, 09:42 PM
I will be in town that Saturday with my wife and daugter. We would be interested in going.

Currently the only game we are hitting is the final day White Sox @ Brewers.

AZChiSoxFan
03-06-2009, 10:24 PM
I will be in town that Saturday with my wife and daugter. We would be interested in going.

Great. I'm sure we'll have a great time.

michned
03-06-2009, 10:30 PM
This could work out perfect since I'll be in town the night of April 3rd. However, I need to check our Little League schedule when it comes out shortly because I think we may have a game that day.

MarySwiss
03-07-2009, 09:01 AM

Great. I'm sure we'll have a great time.

This could work out perfect since I'll be in town the night of April 3rd. However, I need to check our Little League schedule when it comes out shortly because I think we may have a game that day.

I've got three ST games before this one, but I'm really looking forward to it! :gulp:

AZChiSoxFan
03-14-2009, 02:33 PM

Please let me know when you find out about your LL schedule and whether or not you can make it to the game with us.

Thanks.

soxlady8
03-14-2009, 06:07 PM
share your experience !!!
I bet it was awesome !!!

chisoxfanatic
03-14-2009, 06:29 PM
share your experience !!!
I bet it was awesome !!!
It's not until the 4th of April.

NoNeckEra
03-15-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm going to be in PHX Friday the 3rd, but leaving too early Sat. AM to stay for the game.
Is Friday's night game in PHX at Chase or in Tuscon?

AZChiSoxFan
03-16-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm going to be in PHX Friday the 3rd, but leaving too early Sat. AM to stay for the game.
Is Friday's night game in PHX at Chase or in Tuscon?

The game on Friday night is also at Chase in Phx.

BoKnowsBest
04-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Any updates about this whole thing? I've been thinking about getting tickets to the game and just wondering who's all going.

Chicken Dinner
04-01-2009, 10:56 PM
After going to 17 spring training games, I think I'll have to pass on this one and watch it on HDTV. Thanks for the offer though. Maybe we'll hook up during the season somewhere.

MarySwiss
04-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Any updates about this whole thing? I've been thinking about getting tickets to the game and just wondering who's all going.
Mr and Mrs AZChiSoxFan, I, and some friends (D'Backs fans) are going. AZChiSoxFan thoughtfully picked up the tickets for the group down at Chase.

After going to 17 spring training games, I think I'll have to pass on this one and watch it on HDTV. Thanks for the offer though. Maybe we'll hook up during the season somewhere.
17! Yikes!
Good idea, Chicken. We should be able to figure something out. Maybe for one of the Sox/Cubs series?

NoNeckEra
04-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Got a chance to go Friday night at Chase Park, while on a "business trip" to PHX.

Love the park and it's fan friendliness.

I was surprised at how small the swimming pool actually is. But it really seems to "fit right in" with the park and the Phoenix culture.