PDA

View Full Version : Joey Cora talking about the roster...

jabrch
03-05-2009, 01:05 PM
I heard him this AM on the radio (forget where) "We will take the best 25 man, regardless of their age. I don't care if they are 19 like Viciedo or 65 like Jose."

Awfully funny....

ChiSoxFan81
03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Oh. I thought the Sox put him on the roster to compete for 2B.

Lip Man 1
03-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Toby Hall was one of the best 25 players last year?

OK.

His contract had nothing to do with it right?

:rolleyes:

Lip

oeo
03-05-2009, 03:56 PM

OK.

Lip

I must have missed all those great catching prospects we had last year. :scratch:

Why did you pick the guy that played a very small amount of games? Great example...our back up catcher.

Konerko05
03-05-2009, 05:21 PM

OK.

Lip

I'm not sure there was a better option. Catching depth is definitely not the organization's strong point.

Toby Hall used to be a decent player. It was obvious last season he was out of shape and still struggling badly with his shoulder injury.

jabrch
03-05-2009, 05:26 PM

OK.

Lip

Who else was going to be the backup catcher? That's a terrible excuse to critcise a statement made by Cora in a manner totally inconsistent with how he clearly meant it.

Shame on you Lip.

hi im skot
03-05-2009, 06:28 PM
I must have missed all those great catching prospects we had last year. :scratch:

Why did you pick the guy that played a very small amount of games? Great example...our back up catcher.

I'm not sure there was a better option. Catching depth is definitely not the organization's strong point.

Toby Hall used to be a decent player. It was obvious last season he was out of shape and still struggling badly with his shoulder injury.

Who else was going to be the backup catcher? That's a terrible excuse to critcise a statement made by Cora in a manner totally inconsistent with how he clearly meant it.

Shame on you Lip.

Boom. Roasted.