PDA

View Full Version : Alright Jerry...

Chisox_cali
05-26-2002, 02:56 PM
...start pulling starters now and save them for the Yankee's series, we already won this series, and we all know we don't like to come back when were down by a few runs. I never thought that I'd see the day I felt more comfortable with Danny Wright going on the mound against the Yankee's than I do with Todd Ritchie going against the freakin Tiggers.

ssang
05-26-2002, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I agree with you. I also agree that the Sox have to be the worst team in the majors as far as comebacks. Can anyone name a time where they came back to win a game that they trailed by 3 runs or more at any point in the ballgame? I can't. And what's even more disheartening is that if the Sox are down by just 1 stinkin' run and it's past the 6th inning, you can stick a fork in them. That's the worst sign that any ballclub can show. That 100% MUST change if the Sox make the playoffs.

FarWestChicago
05-26-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by ssang
Yeah, I agree with you. I also agree that the Sox have to be the worst team in the majors as far as comebacks. Can anyone name a time where they came back to win a game that they trailed by 3 runs or more at any point in the ballgame? I can't. And what's even more disheartening is that if the Sox are down by just 1 stinkin' run and it's past the 6th inning, you can stick a fork in them. That's the worst sign that any ballclub can show. That 100% MUST change if the Sox make the playoffs. Are you kenblanks?

GASHWOUND
05-26-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Are you kenblanks?

Who's Kenblanks?

Jjav829
05-26-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Who's Kenblanks?

He is SuperTroll. He is as negative as Sox fans get. Hes only around the ESPN boards now. He'll show up when the Sox have a bad game and rip every single player about every little thing he can whether they deserve it or not. But when the Sox are playing a great game, hes nowhere to be found. Some have even debated whether he is actually a Sox fan.

FarWestChicago
05-26-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

He is SuperTroll. He is as negative as Sox fans get. Hes only around the ESPN boards now. He'll show up when the Sox have a bad game and rip every single player about every little thing he can whether they deserve it or not. But when the Sox are playing a great game, hes nowhere to be found. Some have even debated whether he is actually a Sox fan. Actually, he's not SuperTroll. SuperTroll was a 'Toons fan who posted the same message over and over several times a minute for hours on end. kenblanks is the High Priest of The Chronic Depressoid Society. He has many disicples here, but has never registered himself that I know of.

Jerry_Manuel
05-26-2002, 04:55 PM
Kenblanks is the High Priest of The Chronic Depressoid Society. He has many disicples here, but has never registered himself that I know of.

I think I've toned down the negativity.

FarWestChicago
05-26-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I think I've toned down the negativity. LOL, I wasn't even thinking about you when I posted that message. :smile:

GASHWOUND
05-26-2002, 05:04 PM

I think I've toned down the negativity.

Yeah, I have noticed that..especially with that "Jerry, the Twins Fan" thing :smile:

Jerry_Manuel
05-26-2002, 05:09 PM
LOL, I wasn't even thinking about you when I posted that message. :smile:

Thanks, West. :(:

Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Yeah, I have noticed that..especially with that "Jerry, the Twins Fan" thing :smile:

I know you fear them! :smile:

ssang
05-26-2002, 05:31 PM
Are you kenblanks?

I may be negative but being a Sox fan tends to do that to a person. They constantly disappoint. Even in 1998 when they were a big surprise they ended up being a disappointment cause they gave one of he worst playoff performances in recent history. Guess what year it was when they last won a home playoff game. It was game 1 of 1983 agianst Baltimore. I am just pissed off about the whole Ken Williams being the GM thing. He sucks and has not only halted the White Sox progress, but he has even regressed their development into a world series contender. Hey, I'd love for them to prove me wrong, but sadly they usually end up just where I expected them.

BearSox
05-26-2002, 05:45 PM
Even in 1998 when they were a big surprise they ended up being a disappointment cause they gave one of he worst playoff performances in recent history.

98? You mean 2000 right? 98 was the beginning of the Kids Can Play Era

ssang
05-26-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by BearSox

98? You mean 2000 right? 98 was the beginning of the Kids Can Play Era

Yes, my bad, I meant 2000. I wasn't really thinking. Must be the drugs!

RedPinStripes
05-26-2002, 07:40 PM

Thanks, West. :(:

I know you fear them! :smile:

I have noticed that JM. Do i have to bring out the sig again? :D:

I DO NOT FEAR THE TWINS!!!!!