PDA

View Full Version : Ritchie just ain't that good


ssang
05-26-2002, 01:14 PM
Is it just me or is Todd Ritchie just not as good as he gets credit for? I believe the word used to describe him is...OVERRATED. Without a doubt we lost that trade with Pitsburgh. Imagine Fogg and Wells along with an established Burhele and an improving Jon Garland. Ken Williams just doesn't know wassup. Where the hell is Dan Evans these days?

FanOf14
05-26-2002, 01:39 PM
This makes two crap outtings in a row from a guy that was supposed to put us over the top. I don't know if Nardi has been trying to impart his pitching knowledge on Ritchie or what Ritchie's problem is, but this is not how a number 2 starter is supposed to pitch. Admittedly, some of his losses this year were due to lack of offense. Whatever the case is with Ritchie, he better get his butt in gear quick.

MattSharp
05-26-2002, 01:48 PM
WEll you know JM is worried if he has Matt Ginter warming up in the 3rd inning when his No. 2 starter is on the hill.............

doublem23
05-26-2002, 02:07 PM
BLA BLA BLA!

CerberusWG
05-26-2002, 02:11 PM
He got hit in the head with a damn baseball, give him a break.

MattSharp
05-26-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
He got hit in the head with a damn baseball, give him a break.

So then be a man and admit you are hurt. Don't try to play through it and then give up 6 runs in about 4 innings.

KruseControl04
05-26-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
He got hit in the head with a damn baseball, give him a break.

That's true. And if you look at his performances, these last two games are the only two of the season where he has given up more than 3 earned runs. Give the guy a break. I think he'll come back strong in his next start.

ssang
05-26-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
He got hit in the head with a damn baseball, give him a break.

C'mon, that didn't effect anything. That's no excuse. He gave up hit after base hit against the TIGERS of all teams. I mean, they wern't even fouling pitches off. They hit everything he threw. Ritchie shouldn't have even been on the Sox in the first place. K.Williams had no business trading 3 pitchers (2 young arms) for an average to barley above average, 30 year old pithcer. If anyone thought that trading for Todd Ritchie was gonna put the Sox over the top, well....they must be at least mildly retarded.

FarWestChicago
05-26-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by ssang


C'mon, that didn't effect anything. That's no excuse.What medical school did you get your MD from?

ssang
05-26-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
What medical school did you get your MD from?

Actually, I receivced it from the University of Chicago. And I hearby announce that Ritchie getting hit in the head did not effect his pitching. I find it to be that he just simply sucks. There is no official medical name for this disease. He was just born with it.

MattSharp
05-26-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by ssang


Actually, I receivced it from the University of Chicago. And I hearby announce that Ritchie getting hit in the head did not effect his pitching. I find it to be that he just simply sucks. There is no official medical name for this disease. He was just born with it.

Todd Ritchie disease, kinda like lou Gehrig's disease or Tommy John surgery, only is just where you make everyone think you are really good and then float back down to earth........

doublem23
05-26-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by ssang


Actually, I receivced it from the University of Chicago. And I hearby announce that Ritchie getting hit in the head did not effect his pitching. I find it to be that he just simply sucks. There is no official medical name for this disease. He was just born with it.

:whoflungpoo

OfficerKarkovice
05-26-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by ssang


Actually, I receivced it from the University of Chicago. And I hearby announce that Ritchie getting hit in the head did not effect his pitching. I find it to be that he just simply sucks. There is no official medical name for this disease. He was just born with it.

You ever been hit in the head with a line shot from 60 feet away? I didn't think so. Trust me, you get hit hard when you are pitching (and I have been hit several times, never in the head thank God) and you think about it at least the rest of the game. You can try and say it won't affect you at all but I dont care who you are, you are going to have that thought in the back of your mind about that ball flying back at you again. Ritchie has pitched very well with the exception of his last two starts. Give the guy a damn break. I am just thankful I dont have to watch Kip "I sh*t my pants" Wells out there on the mound no matter what his record is with the Pirates.

CubKilla
05-26-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by KruseControl04


That's true. And if you look at his performances, these last two games are the only two of the season where he has given up more than 3 earned runs. Give the guy a break. I think he'll come back strong in his next start.

I hope so.

baggio202
05-26-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by ssang
Is it just me or is Todd Ritchie just not as good as he gets credit for? I believe the word used to describe him is...OVERRATED. Without a doubt we lost that trade with Pitsburgh. Imagine Fogg and Wells along with an established Burhele and an improving Jon Garland. Ken Williams just doesn't know wassup. Where the hell is Dan Evans these days?

where is danny evans???...well danny evans in his rookie year as a gm is the architect of the best starting rotation in baseball..danny who was blasted by the press for not overpaying for isringhausen and then telling KW to go to hell when he asked for an prospect in the gagne / howry deal has been rewarded with an all star type season from gagne in the closer role...in the meantime when pittsburgh asked wiliams to overpay for ritchie KW couldnt give away enough talent fast enough....evans also was blasted by the press for not getting enough for gary sheffield...well look who got the last laugh in that deal as odalis perez alone is out performing gary sheffield...

danny evans in an interview on mlb said he watched in amazement when ron schueler would make a deal..he would always turn down a deal first offered by the other GM...would hang up and evens said schu would tell him..just wait..hell call back..about 80% of the time they did and schu got the deal he wanted...the times they didnt...the deal in retrospect didnt look like a good one if the sox made it....you can see how danny evans used that approached with the dodgers this year and how it helped them to become serious contenders in the tough NL west...where was kenny williams when these kinds of lessons were being taught???...thats why your asst GM should always be the one promoted...not some guy spending his time looking at talent in kannapolis

baggio202
05-26-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
He got hit in the head with a damn baseball, give him a break.

so thats this weeks ritchie excuse by the kw/ritchie aoplogists??..he got hit in the head???...i like darrin jackson excuse better ..today he said the reason ritchie got hit hard was he had the misfortune of pitching the 3rd game of a 3 game series...darrin said merv rettemund , the tigers hitting coach, is a great coach and after two games instructed the tiger hitters to go up there with the approach of taking sox pitchers the other way because pulling them wasnt working..so ritchie was a victim of a great hitting coach and being unfortunate enough to have to pitch against those adjustments....poor todd

duke of dorwood
05-26-2002, 03:54 PM
Some of you guys have some

:XL

In you

GASHWOUND
05-26-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by ssang


C'mon, that didn't effect anything. That's no excuse. He gave up hit after base hit against the TIGERS of all teams. I mean, they wern't even fouling pitches off. They hit everything he threw. Ritchie shouldn't have even been on the Sox in the first place. K.Williams had no business trading 3 pitchers (2 young arms) for an average to barley above average, 30 year old pithcer. If anyone thought that trading for Todd Ritchie was gonna put the Sox over the top, well....they must be at least mildly retarded.

And you thought Wells and Fogg were gonna put us over the top and pitch lights out like they are in Pitt? And that we lost in the trade with Pitt even though its not even June yet and Ritchie, Fogg, and Wells still with more than 20 starts left in the year? Huh? Jumping the gun there, ain't ya.
Ritchie, along with alot of pitchers will go through some consecutive bad starts here and there through out the season, but he will also go through a stretch where he'll put 4 or 5 dominant starts in a row as was the case last year. We'll just has to hang in there into this lull passes(which it will) cause he'll get better. Starters make around 35 starts a year, sometimes you'll go through these bad performances and stretches..but he'll get through it and will prove you wrong.

LongDistanceFan
05-26-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by baggio202


where is danny evans???...well danny evans in his rookie year as a gm is the architect of the best starting rotation in baseball..danny who was blasted by the press for not overpaying for isringhausen and then telling KW to go to hell when he asked for an prospect in the gagne / howry deal has been rewarded with an all star type season from gagne in the closer role...in the meantime when pittsburgh asked wiliams to overpay for ritchie KW couldnt give away enough talent fast enough....evans also was blasted by the press for not getting enough for gary sheffield...well look who got the last laugh in that deal as odalis perez alone is out performing gary sheffield...

danny evans in an interview on mlb said he watched in amazement when ron schueler would make a deal..he would always turn down a deal first offered by the other GM...would hang up and evens said schu would tell him..just wait..hell call back..about 80% of the time they did and schu got the deal he wanted...the times they didnt...the deal in retrospect didnt look like a good one if the sox made it....you can see how danny evans used that approached with the dodgers this year and how it helped them to become serious contenders in the tough NL west...where was kenny williams when these kinds of lessons were being taught???...thats why your asst GM should always be the one promoted...not some guy spending his time looking at talent in kannapolis ahhh a discussion that i enjoy....... what about the possibility of getting dave dambrowski(sp)............ what he could've done with the sox...... oh well wishfull thinking.

Tragg
05-26-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


And you thought Wells and Fogg were gonna put us over the top and pitch lights out like they are in Pitt?

No, but I didn't think a career .500 pitcher with average "stuff" would pitch lights out either, and certainly not enough to warrant trading all that we did for him.

ssang
05-26-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND



Ritchie, along with alot of pitchers will go through some consecutive bad starts here and there through out the season, but he will also go through a stretch where he'll put 4 or 5 dominant starts in a row as was the case last year. We'll just has to hang in there into this lull passes(which it will) cause he'll get better. Starters make around 35 starts a year, sometimes you'll go through these bad performances and stretches..but he'll get through it and will prove you wrong.

I'll guarantee that at no point will Todd Ritchie be a dominant pitcher. Wake up and realize that he is medicore. Stop holding such high hopes for him. You probably think Carlos Lee will be a star some day too. I love the Sox but I gotta be realistic. Ritchie will end up with an era of at least 4.00.

GASHWOUND
05-26-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by ssang


I'll guarantee that at no point will Todd Ritchie be a dominant pitcher. Wake up and realize that he is medicore. Stop holding such high hopes for him. You probably think Carlos Lee will be a star some day too. I love the Sox but I gotta be realistic. Ritchie will end up with an era of at least 4.00.

And what do you mean at no point Ritchie will be a dominant starter, you mean he won't have any dominant starts this year or as a whole won't be dominant? He proved he could be a dominant pitcher the 2nd half of last year, which he was. And I think you need to wake up, why are you jumping on the couple of bad starts he's had this year thinking that's an indication of what kinda pitcher he is? How about all the good starts he's had this year when the Sox didn't score any runs for him?
Of course you ignore those starts,but jump all over him for his bad ones.
Your "jump the gun" mentality holds no water with the "we've lost the Pitt trade" so for with it not even being June yet. Why don't you wait till August at least and see where Ritchie is along with Fogg and Wells.
Ritchie had a great 2nd half last year, while as you remember Kip did not. Lets see what Fogg can do the rest of the year, along with Ritchie without making judgments that he sucks this early. There's a noble idea

DrCrawdad
05-26-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Why don't you wait till August at least and see where Ritchie is along with Fogg and Wells.
Ritchie had a great 2nd half last year, while as you remember Kip did not. Lets see what Fogg can do the rest of the year, along with Ritchie without making judgments that he sucks this early. There's a noble idea

Cy Fogg has lost his last two outings. Here's his line from today:

PITTSBURGH ip h r er bb so hr era
C Fogg (L, 5-3) 4 1/3 8 7 7 2 2 3 3.60

Sean Lowe's ERA = 7.44

It's funny how the opinions of this trade have changed. At first no one like that we traded Lowe. Most didn't care that Fogg got dealt. Many didn't care either that Kip was dealt.

Lately it's been regretting that KW sent Kip and Cy, with very few mentioning concern over the loss of Lowe.

I agree let's wait until the end of the season to determine if this trade was a flop.

- DrCrawdad.

FarWestChicago
05-26-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I agree let's wait until the end of the season to determine if this trade was a flop.

- DrCrawdad. That would be the rational thing to do. But, when some folks run out of medication I guess they find going nuts on message boards to be the next best thing. :smile:

ssang
05-26-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


And what do you mean at no point Ritchie will be a dominant starter, you mean he won't have any dominant starts this year or as a whole won't be dominant? He proved he could be a dominant pitcher the 2nd half of last year, which he was. And I think you need to wake up, why are you jumping on the couple of bad starts he's had this year thinking that's an indication of what kinda pitcher he is? How about all the good starts he's had this year when the Sox didn't score any runs for him?
Of course you ignore those starts,but jump all over him for his bad ones.
Your "jump the gun" mentality holds no water with the "we've lost the Pitt trade" so for with it not even being June yet. Why don't you wait till August at least and see where Ritchie is along with Fogg and Wells.
Ritchie had a great 2nd half last year, while as you remember Kip did not. Lets see what Fogg can do the rest of the year, along with Ritchie without making judgments that he sucks this early. There's a noble idea


It's nice to see that you have faith but I just cannot be as optimistic as you are. We're talking about the White Sox here. And as much as I want to see them succeed, the chances are is that Ritchie ain't gonna do a goddamn thing to better this ballclub. I know we haven't officialy lost that trade yet, but I'd be willing to bet some serious loot that Fogg and Wells end up being clearly better than Ritchie.

RedPinStripes
05-26-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by ssang


C'mon, that didn't effect anything. That's no excuse. He gave up hit after base hit against the TIGERS of all teams. I mean, they wern't even fouling pitches off. They hit everything he threw. Ritchie shouldn't have even been on the Sox in the first place. K.Williams had no business trading 3 pitchers (2 young arms) for an average to barley above average, 30 year old pithcer. If anyone thought that trading for Todd Ritchie was gonna put the Sox over the top, well....they must be at least mildly retarded.

Ever been hit in hte head with a 75 mph fast ball at the plate with a helmet on? I have and it knocked me silly. Try taking that without a helmet. Just imagine how that felt getting hit with a mlb line drive with no helmet. You cannot possibly say that had nothing to do with his pitching today. I'm surprised he stayed in the game.

doublem23
05-26-2002, 06:36 PM
BLA BLA BLA!

Everyone just shut up!

God forbid we lose 40% of our games! No championship teams ever do that!

I'm seriously getting really pissed off at all the Chicken Littles who fold everytime something goes wrong.

So Todd's had a few bad games! Mark had a few bad games back in Oakland, too. Should we dump his ass, too?

Christ. We're in first ****ing place. Try to enjoy it a little.

****ing depressoids.

FarWestChicago
05-26-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
BLA BLA BLA!

Everyone just shut up!

God forbid we lose 40% of our games! No championship teams ever do that!

I'm seriously getting really pissed off at all the Chicken Littles who fold everytime something goes wrong.

So Todd's had a few bad games! Mark had a few bad games back in Oakland, too. Should we dump his ass, too?

Christ. We're in first ****ing place. Try to enjoy it a little.

****ing depressoids. You go, MM!!

RedPinStripes
05-26-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
BLA BLA BLA!

Everyone just shut up!

God forbid we lose 40% of our games! No championship teams ever do that!

I'm seriously getting really pissed off at all the Chicken Littles who fold everytime something goes wrong.

So Todd's had a few bad games! Mark had a few bad games back in Oakland, too. Should we dump his ass, too?

Christ. We're in first ****ing place. Try to enjoy it a little.

****ing depressoids.

Preach on brotha!

Jerry_Manuel
05-26-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
You go, MM!!


Big, bad, Doub! :smile:

Soxheads
05-26-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
BLA BLA BLA!

Everyone just shut up!

God forbid we lose 40% of our games! No championship teams ever do that!

I'm seriously getting really pissed off at all the Chicken Littles who fold everytime something goes wrong.

So Todd's had a few bad games! Mark had a few bad games back in Oakland, too. Should we dump his ass, too?

Christ. We're in first ****ing place. Try to enjoy it a little.

****ing depressoids.

Feel a little better now, em? :D:

baggio202
05-26-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad


Cy Fogg has lost his last two outings. Here's his line from today:

PITTSBURGH ip h r er bb so hr era
C Fogg (L, 5-3) 4 1/3 8 7 7 2 2 3 3.60

Sean Lowe's ERA = 7.44

It's funny how the opinions of this trade have changed. At first no one like that we traded Lowe. Most didn't care that Fogg got dealt. Many didn't care either that Kip was dealt.

Lately it's been regretting that KW sent Kip and Cy, with very few mentioning concern over the loss of Lowe.

I agree let's wait until the end of the season to determine if this trade was a flop.

- DrCrawdad.

as bad as ole joshua pitched today...he outpitched ritchie..lol...though it was close...face facts...KW got hosed...throw out all the stats of the guys and just look at the trade....look at similiar pitchers who moved this off season to ritchie and see what they went for...dution hermanson went to the red sox for 3 guys that wernt even on the red sox roster....sean estes went to the mest for shinjo ann releford..an unproven cf thats hitting 247 and a career utility man

these are all similiar pitchers....who are all three doing..ritchie stinks at 2-6..estes is 2-4 with a 4.27 so he is performing right to ritchie's standards and hermanson is out for what looks like the year with arm problems....all three were average at best..all three are really doing nothing for their prospective teams (though to me estes will probably end up with the best season)...but hermanson cost the red sox basically nothing, estes cost the mets a average cf and a utility guy thats already moved on and ritchie cost the sox a proven reliever in sean lowe and a former number one draft pick with 20 wins under his belt at age 24 and a former top ten pitching proespect who in his first 15 innings of major league ball carried a 2.03 era...

now how can anyone justify this trade when two similiar trades were made at the same time for two other journeyman pitchers with simuiliar lifetime stats that cost so much less in return???..even if kip and josh were still struggling..this was a bad tade cause we overpaid..KW admitted we overpaid...you dont overpay..i dont care how bad you think you need a guy you dont overpay...look at danny evans in LA...no one needed a closer in baseball worse than the dodgers but he refused to overpay for a marginal closer in isringhausen..and he was right..

doublem23
05-26-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads


Feel a little better now, em? :D:

No! Because I'm sure there's going to be more depressoids stumbling in here, crying about how bad this team is and how much we should all feel bad for ourselves.

28-22 folks. 28-22.

Jerry_Manuel
05-26-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
(KW was hosed)

Baggio, we got Lee Evans out of the Ritchie trade, doesn't that help KW's case? :D:

:)

RedPinStripes
05-26-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Baggio, we got Lee Evans out of the Ritchie trade, doesn't that help KW's case? :D:

:)

We need a baggio bobblehead doll. :)

:joebatters
whuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!

chisoxt
05-26-2002, 09:16 PM
now how can anyone justify this trade when two similiar trades were made at the same time for two other journeyman pitchers with simuiliar lifetime stats that cost so much less in return???..

And another thing......Not only did KW grossly overpay for Ritchite, but I will argue that there were pitchers available in the free agent pool with equal ability who wouldn't have cost anything but the same money that Ritchie is making. Example- terry adams who signed a low-money one year deal with the Phillies.

The trade was a horrible one that will haunt this team for a long time.

DrCrawdad
05-26-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt
The trade was a horrible one that will haunt this team for a long time.

You're overlooking a potential upside of this trade. We'll get to see Kip/Cy/Sean & Guerrier dominant against the Cubbie for years to come.

- DrCrawdad.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-26-2002, 11:37 PM
I'd love to go back in the archives and see if all these people crying about Kip Wells being gone are the same ones who complained when he was here.

Even if Ritchie comes in with an ERA around 4.00, so what? If he does that and averages 6 1/3 + innings, this offense should be able to cover that. He can't help if the offense always seem to take the day off when he takes the hill.

When asked about his medical prowess...
Originally posted by ssang


Actually, I receivced it from the University of Chicago. And I hearby announce that Ritchie getting hit in the head did not effect his pitching. I find it to be that he just simply sucks. There is no official medical name for this disease. He was just born with it.

Where do you find all the time to be a doctor, a general manager and hitting instructor, along with a job that actually pays you something? You ripped Frank for his hitting two weeks ago claiming to know about how to hit major league pitching, you ripped Williams and a lot of the people on the board by saying the "average fan" could understand the Ritchie deal, but you as an expert saw right through it as bogus (which I still say the jury is out), and now you can claim that getting hit in the head with a baseball wouldn't bother a guy. When do you sleep after having to juggle all these "careers"?

RedPinStripes
05-27-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
I'd love to go back in the archives and see if all these people crying about Kip Wells being gone are the same ones who complained when he was here.

Even if Ritchie comes in with an ERA around 4.00, so what? If he does that and averages 6 1/3 + innings, this offense should be able to cover that. He can't help if the offense always seem to take the day off when he takes the hill.

When asked about his medical prowess...


Where do you find all the time to be a doctor, a general manager and hitting instructor, along with a job that actually pays you something? You ripped Frank for his hitting two weeks ago claiming to know about how to hit major league pitching, you ripped Williams and a lot of the people on the board by saying the "average fan" could understand the Ritchie deal, but you as an expert saw right through it as bogus (which I still say the jury is out), and now you can claim that getting hit in the head with a baseball wouldn't bother a guy. When do you sleep after having to juggle all these "careers"?

He must be a busy guy? Wish i was gifted to be able to have all those skills.

baggio202
05-27-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
I'd love to go back in the archives and see if all these people crying about Kip Wells being gone are the same ones who complained when he was here.

Even if Ritchie comes in with an ERA around 4.00, so what? If he does that and averages 6 1/3 + innings, this offense should be able to cover that. He can't help if the offense always seem to take the day off when he takes the hill.

When asked about his medical prowess...


Where do you find all the time to be a doctor, a general manager and hitting instructor, along with a job that actually pays you something? You ripped Frank for his hitting two weeks ago claiming to know about how to hit major league pitching, you ripped Williams and a lot of the people on the board by saying the "average fan" could understand the Ritchie deal, but you as an expert saw right through it as bogus (which I still say the jury is out), and now you can claim that getting hit in the head with a baseball wouldn't bother a guy. When do you sleep after having to juggle all these "careers"?


you can check with redpinstripes..i argued all last year with him that kip was gonna be a star..and i was furious with williams when he made that trade..i attacked him at every turn and havent stopped...

what makes you think ritchie will come in with an era of 4 in the american league when the last 2 years in the national leaguie his era was about 4.60???...one year it was 4.80...his era has a better chance of coming it at 5 then it does 4...ritchie is a mediocre journeyman pitcher...nothing more

i dont mind ritchie as an addition to our team...but the price we paid was rediculous...giving up 3 quality arms should net you no less than a top 10 pitcher in return...

proponents of this trade keep saying well kip and josh will come back to earth and look at how bad sean lowe is doing...well what happens if the opposite happens..lowe threw 2 shut out innings today..maybe he is figuring it out in the NL now..what happens if kip and josh stay hot and then lowe gets his era down around 4???....still a good trade...at what point do those that like this trade admit it was a mistake??..it so blatently obvious kenny got took...

i didnt like the marte trade at first...i dont anything kenny williams does at first..cause so far he has been an easy target for other GM's.....but that one looks like it might work out for him..and judging by porzio falling on his face and wunsch still not really ready im ready to KW credit there..its time the apologists admit kenny really got soaked on this deal

RedPinStripes
05-27-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by baggio202



you can check with redpinstripes..i argued all last year with him that kip was gonna be a star..and i was furious with williams when he made that trade..i attacked him at every turn and havent stopped...

and what makes you think ritchie will come in with an era of 5 in the american league when the last 2 years in the national leaguie his era was about 4.60???...one year it was 4.80...his era has a better chance of coming it at 5 then it does 4...ritchie is a mediocre journeyman pitcher...nothing more

Kip is still a ***** and needs to grow some balls before he ever becomes a star. :D:

Daver
05-27-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by baggio202



you can check with redpinstripes..i argued all last year with him that kip was gonna be a star..and i was furious with williams when he made that trade..i attacked him at every turn and havent stopped...

what makes you think ritchie will come in with an era of 4 in the american league when the last 2 years in the national leaguie his era was about 4.60???...one year it was 4.80...his era has a better chance of coming it at 5 then it does 4...ritchie is a mediocre journeyman pitcher...nothing more

Kip will be lucky to acheive that status.

baggio202
05-27-2002, 12:21 AM
7-2 3.47...gonna take ritchie a long time to catch up to those numbers..

RedPinStripes
05-27-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by baggio202
7-2 3.47...gonna take ritchie a long time to catch up to those numbers..

he's 7-2????????

:bundy

Garrison
05-27-2002, 12:32 AM
I am so surprised! ssang is bashing Sox players for almost no good reason without any logical backing for his opinions. Shocker! Seriously folks. Ritchie was never going to put us over the top. He is a #3-4 starter at best but with our starting pitching what it is he's expected to perform as a #2 guy? He's not that good. Considering this, he had a dominant start to the season until recently. So he hits a slump. He'll pitch out of it. He had better stats than Buehrle through his first five starts or so. He was leading the AL in several categories! So he doesn't have his best stuff and now he's a horrible pitcher and we're back to the did we overpay debate. Wait until it's all played out over the season. Fogg is coming off his high as we speak. Ritchie has bottomed out but he'll get his stuff back. We're in first place. Just mellow out a little bit and everything will be fine. Actually here, have a drink guys..... :gulp:

ssang
05-27-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
I'd love to go back in the archives and see if all these people crying about Kip Wells being gone are the same ones who complained when he was here.

Even if Ritchie comes in with an ERA around 4.00, so what? If he does that and averages 6 1/3 + innings, this offense should be able to cover that. He can't help if the offense always seem to take the day off when he takes the hill.

When asked about his medical prowess...


Where do you find all the time to be a doctor, a general manager and hitting instructor, along with a job that actually pays you something? You ripped Frank for his hitting two weeks ago claiming to know about how to hit major league pitching, you ripped Williams and a lot of the people on the board by saying the "average fan" could understand the Ritchie deal, but you as an expert saw right through it as bogus (which I still say the jury is out), and now you can claim that getting hit in the head with a baseball wouldn't bother a guy. When do you sleep after having to juggle all these "careers"?


Don't be an idiot dude. Obviously, I was 100% messing around about me being a doctor. You'd have to be pretty dumb not to see that. And if you would have read my previous posts closley I said that ME, along with the average fan agreed with the Ritchie deal. I never said that I foresaw that we had lost that deal. My point is that WIlliams is supposed to be the expert and he botched it. I never said I was an expert. Ritchie was fine after he was hit in the head. His stuff was still the same, he hadn't lost velocity. It was just a horrible outing. If it were that bad he would have been pulled. So think about what you're writing before you look stupid.

RedPinStripes
05-27-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by ssang



Don't be an idiot dude. Obviously, I was 100% messing around about me being a doctor. You'd have to be pretty dumb not to see that. And if you would have read my previous posts closley I said that ME, along with the average fan agreed with the Ritchie deal. I never said that I foresaw that we had lost that deal. My point is that WIlliams is supposed to be the expert and he botched it. I never said I was an expert. Ritchie was fine after he was hit in the head. His stuff was still the same, he hadn't lost velocity. It was just a horrible outing. If it were that bad he would have been pulled. So think about what you're writing before you look stupid.

Look at your posts before you call someone stupid.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-27-2002, 12:35 PM
You really don't hold all those degrees and careers? I for one am amazed, because you talked so knowledgeably about all those topics. I really did think you were a hitting instructor, GM and doctor, along with whatever it is you do to collect a check. (Note the TEAL here.)

The one consistent theme in Cameo's deals is that he is trying to win now rather than waiting for some uncertain distant future. I am glad we have a GM who is willing to try rather than one who just sits there and keeps hoping that all this talent develops at the same year when the division is weak.

Garrison
05-27-2002, 01:23 PM
I believe that i speak for everyone here when I say.....

ssang sshut up!

Iguana775
05-27-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice


You ever been hit in the head with a line shot from 60 feet away?

well, i have when i played in high school and believe me....it effected him. i was out of it for quite a while. i'd like to see anyone go out there after getting drilled in the head and not have it in the back of his head thinking of getting drilled again. unless you are clark kent, i doubt you can do it successfully.

Iguana775
05-27-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
BLA BLA BLA!

Everyone just shut up!

God forbid we lose 40% of our games! No championship teams ever do that!

I'm seriously getting really pissed off at all the Chicken Littles who fold everytime something goes wrong.

So Todd's had a few bad games! Mark had a few bad games back in Oakland, too. Should we dump his ass, too?

Christ. We're in first ****ing place. Try to enjoy it a little.

****ing depressoids.


AMEN, MM!!!

Iguana775
05-27-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


He must be a busy guy? Wish i was gifted to be able to have all those skills.

or maybe a :troll

OfficerKarkovice
05-27-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775


well, i have when i played in high school and believe me....it effected him. i was out of it for quite a while. i'd like to see anyone go out there after getting drilled in the head and not have it in the back of his head thinking of getting drilled again. unless you are clark kent, i doubt you can do it successfully.

exactly

MisterB
05-27-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt
And another thing......Not only did KW grossly overpay for Ritchite, but I will argue that there were pitchers available in the free agent pool with equal ability who wouldn't have cost anything but the same money that Ritchie is making. Example- terry adams who signed a low-money one year deal with the Phillies.

For everyone's consideration:

Free Agent Starting Pitchers who signed for about Ritchie's salary or less for 2002:

Terry Adams (already mentioned)
Dave Burba
David Wells :o:
Ismael Valdes
James Baldwin :o:
Pete Harnisch

and those on minor league contracts:

Brian Bohanaon
Omar Olivares
Pat Rapp
Robert Ellis (remember him?)

LongDistanceFan
05-27-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by ssang



Don't be an idiot dude. Obviously, I was 100% messing around about me being a doctor. You'd have to be pretty dumb not to see that. And if you would have read my previous posts closley I said that ME, along with the average fan agreed with the Ritchie deal. I never said that I foresaw that we had lost that deal. My point is that WIlliams is supposed to be the expert and he botched it. I never said I was an expert. Ritchie was fine after he was hit in the head. His stuff was still the same, he hadn't lost velocity. It was just a horrible outing. If it were that bad he would have been pulled. So think about what you're writing before you look stupid. i haven't posted here in a while and when i came back i came back to idiots like this one.... man o man........... but before you call anyone an idiot, make sure you are not looking like one yourself before you speak....... i for one do not like to tell anyone to shut up........... that sends me into the orbit....... but do like what mm23 said........ or more importantly......... leave...

ssang
05-27-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
i haven't posted here in a while and when i came back i came back to idiots like this one.... man o man........... but before you call anyone an idiot, make sure you are not looking like one yourself before you speak....... i for one do not like to tell anyone to shut up........... that sends me into the orbit....... but do like what mm23 said........ or more importantly......... leave...

Sorry, but I'm gonna keep on posting because I can. It's a free forum and as long as I'm not threatening anyone or sweraing (althought that would be sweet) I'm gonna keep on posting. Hate me if you'd like but I can say whatever I feel. I will not leave. Besides, it's entertaining to see how pissed off some of you get. Oh, and Ritchie still sucks. ssang

FarWestChicago
05-27-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by ssang


Sorry, but I'm gonna keep on posting because I can. It's a free forum and as long as I'm not threatening anyone or sweraing (althought that would be sweet) I'm gonna keep on posting. Hate me if you'd like but I can say whatever I feel. I will not leave. Besides, it's entertaining to see how pissed off some of you get. Oh, and Ritchie still sucks. ssang You are incorrect. It is not a free forum, it's moderated. You might want to remember that.

Soxheads
05-27-2002, 03:46 PM
Fun times, huh? :smile:

Iguana775
05-27-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
You are incorrect. It is not a free forum, it's moderated. You might want to remember that.

score for west!! :)

i was just going to say something like that.

voodoochile
05-27-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by ssang
Besides, it's entertaining to see how pissed off some of you get. Oh, and Ritchie still sucks. ssang

See, I told you this guy was a

:troll

Should have been banned after his first worthless post...

You are incorrect. It is not a free forum, it's moderated. You might want to remember that.

West, please make this the only warning this loser gets...

Daver
05-27-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile






West, please make this the only warning this loser gets...

He's lucky he made it that far.

FarWestChicago
05-27-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
West, please make this the only warning this loser gets... Hmmm, I thought I was fairly clear about that. :smile:

voodoochile
05-27-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by daver


He's lucky he made it that far.

I agree, probably a good thing I am NOT a moderator for these boards, because I would have cut ssssssssang loose a long time ago...

doublem23
05-27-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


I agree, probably a good thing I am NOT a moderator for these boards, because I would have cut ssssssssang loose a long time ago...

Oh no! What a cruel and horrible fate to befall us!

voodoochile
05-27-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by doublem23


Oh no! What a cruel and horrible fate to befall us!

Yeah, I'd probably take care of some of these Kings fans too...

:D:

ma-gaga
05-27-2002, 11:57 PM
or those Twins fans. ...

voodoochile
05-28-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
or those Twins fans. ...

Why are you pushing for a strike during the AS break? It is going to be hard to convince fans to not go to the game, which is often a once in a lifetime experience for them - and it is only one paid game. Join the rest of the fans and go to this site. It calls for a fan strike immediately following the AS game July 11-14.

Here's a link:

Fan Strike (http://www.petitiononline.com/mlbf4c/petition.html)

We all need to get on the same page...

Jerry_Manuel
05-28-2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Why are you pushing for a strike during the AS break? It is going to be hard to convince fans to not go to the game, which is often a once in a lifetime experience for them - and it is only one paid game. Join the rest of the fans and go to this site. It calls for a fan strike immediately following the AS game July 11-14.


The fans won't go to the game, if the players strike before the AS game. Which would be an attempt to make Selig look bad, considering the game is in Milwaukee.