PDA

View Full Version : Scout Seats...

beasly213
03-03-2009, 05:23 PM
So this year I'm thinking of going on stubhub or and shelling out some cash for a sox game in the scout seats.

Question for anyone who has done it. Is it worth the 150-200 I'll be spending on the seat? What's the pre game like and how long before the first pitch can you get there?

Any advice would be apreciated. :gulp:

MCHSoxFan
03-03-2009, 05:41 PM
I have season tickets there. IMO- IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY! The food is great and unlimited as well as soda and alcohol. You pass the visitors clubhouse to get to your seats. If there is bad weather you can go to the lounge. Now, since you are buying on Stubhub, get the Row 7 seats. I have row 1, but row 7 is nice because not too low (row 1) or too high (rows 10/11). I know WSI hates broker but I know the sellers selling on StubHub and if you buy directly from THEIR site, you save money.

MUsoxfan
03-03-2009, 05:49 PM
I recommend as well. I usually find a way to do one game a year in those seats. The food and drinks are awesome, along with the view.

whitesoxwilkes
03-03-2009, 07:43 PM
I have season tickets there. IMO- IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY! The food is great and unlimited as well as soda and alcohol. You pass the visitors clubhouse to get to your seats. If there is bad weather you can go to the lounge. Now, since you are buying on Stubhub, get the Row 7 seats. I have row 1, but row 7 is nice because not too low (row 1) or too high (rows 10/11). I know WSI hates broker but I know the sellers selling on StubHub and if you buy directly from THEIR site, you save money.

Wait, aren't they your grandmother's season seats?

Jerko
03-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Havent been down there since 07 but I assume it's basically still the same, and IMO well worth it. Get there when the regular gates open. Go in gate 3, you get a wristband. then you can enter the bar/lounge/dining area. They usually have 2 meat dishes (usually smoked turkey and prime rib (once I had beef brisket down there) , a lot of sides (pasta, salads, fruit, etc) all set up at different stations. Coffee station down there too lest I forget. On your way out to the seats, there's a freezer with ice cream sammys and ice cream bars, a popcorn machine, a soda machine, and a barrel of peanuts, all free. When you get to your seats they pass out hot dogs and you have waiters take your order and your drinks and food is brought out to you. If you haven't stuffed yourself enough, they break out a sweet table in the bottom of the 7th or so in the lounge. If you are a drinker last call is bottom of the 7th, unlike the bullpen bar or stadium club. I don't believe the bar down there stays open after the 7th. If you're one with a weak bladder, restrooms are kinda far so give yourself a few extra minutes for potty breaks.

RF/DH#3
03-03-2009, 09:28 PM

I went on whitesox.com back in either 2005 or 2006 and put my name on a waiting list to have the oppurtunity to purchase some scout seats for one game and have never been notified as of yet. Did the White Sox just dump that list all together and all the seats are pretty much sold out every year to season ticket holders? And is Stub Hub really the only way some average joe could get a shot in the dark at getting them for one game?

TheCommander
03-03-2009, 09:49 PM

That's what I was thinking too-worth every penny because he is a teen who isn't having to pay for them! lol Good for him,though.

MCHSoxFan
03-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I went on whitesox.com back in either 2005 or 2006 and put my name on a waiting list to have the oppurtunity to purchase some scout seats for one game and have never been notified as of yet. Did the White Sox just dump that list all together and all the seats are pretty much sold out every year to season ticket holders? And is Stub Hub really the only way some average joe could get a shot in the dark at getting them for one game?

MOD EDIT: Brokering ticket transactions is frowned upon here. Hit the bricks, kid.

RF/DH#3
03-03-2009, 10:13 PM
MOD EDIT: Brokering ticket transactions is frowned upon here. Hit the bricks, kid.

I didn't comprehend that response. Since it didn't answer anything in my post.

rdivaldi
03-03-2009, 10:17 PM
The scout seats are incredible, if you can afford it you'll not regret it. The service is impeccable, the view is amazing and the amenities are fabulous.

Ragator43
03-03-2009, 10:18 PM

They pop up on ebay once in a while. Depending on the game you want to go to, it might be the cheapest and easiest way to get seats without the long term commitment or any connections to those with seats.

Any way you can get them, they're well worth it.

skobabe8
03-03-2009, 10:30 PM
I didn't comprehend that response. Since it didn't answer anything in my post.

:tongue:

03-03-2009, 11:13 PM

A bit jealous?

DumpJerry
03-03-2009, 11:25 PM
A guy in my office has Scout Seats. I was his guest at a game last year. It is a very nice experience. I would not want to sit there for all 81 games because it is not a ballpark experience as we know it, but it is nice.

Harry Potter
03-04-2009, 09:11 AM
I've been fortunate enough to sit in the scout seats three times over the years and it really is a great experience. If you can swing the cost of the ticket for a game, I'd highly recommend it. You won't be dissapointed.

Matlock
03-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Too hard to see the outfield.

I'll pass.

HomeFish
03-04-2009, 12:01 PM
I've never sat in the Scout Seats, but I have snuck down into the regular lower deck seats immediately behind the scout seats. The view of home plate was amazing. I imagine the Scout Seats are even better.

whitesoxwilkes
03-04-2009, 01:35 PM
A bit jealous?

It's a bit of an ongoing joke.

parlaycard
03-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Its well worth it for a special game. One suggestion though, id wait til the last minute if possible, as theyre always more enjoyable when the weathers nice. No fun to shell out a few hundred per, and get rained on.

That being said, if youre going to splurge, get there as soon as the scout lounge opens to fully enjoy the experience.

Usually there is a former player in there or two. I have seen Ron Kittle and Minnie Minoso in the lounge more than a few times.

Opening Day 2006 (ring day)Kenny Williams was behind me in the buffet line. I didnt want to bother him, but had to thank him for the previous season. He couldnt have been nicer.

NoNeckEra
03-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Good call on waiting to hear the weather report before diving in.

Also, if you don't mind going midweek, especially against a less desirable opponent (like Seattle end of April), you'll get the best deal, likely below face (especially in this economy).

ode to veeck
03-05-2009, 09:25 PM
A guy in my office has Scout Seats. I was his guest at a game last year. It is a very nice experience. I would not want to sit there for all 81 games because it is not a ballpark experience as we know it, but it is nice.

I could handle it. The ones in Oakland are nice (Diamond Boxes) because you can talk to players as they pass from locker room to dugout and back througout the game.

fozzy
03-05-2009, 09:32 PM
If you get tickets there please tip your server. You would be surprised how many people don't. They get paid less the minimum wage.

It's Dankerific
03-09-2009, 04:39 AM
If you get tickets there please tip your server. You would be surprised how many people don't. They get paid less the minimum wage.

a service charge isn't included in the high price of the ticket? They are paid below minimum wage? can this be verified??

03-09-2009, 12:53 PM
a service charge isn't included in the high price of the ticket? They are paid below minimum wage? can this be verified??

Most servers are paid below the minimum wage.

Sad
03-09-2009, 01:15 PM

yeah this is really hard to believe but true... and WAY below in many cases...
a lady here told me about that once... I was surprised... these people really do live off the gratuity...

soxfanreggie
03-09-2009, 08:52 PM
This would be great to do for a game. I might check out if they have something like this in Tampa for when the Sox are down there.

whitesox901
03-09-2009, 08:59 PM

its true, moms a waitress and its pretty ****ty pay because they consider the tips part of the income

Mr. Skin
03-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Every one I've ever taken to a game since 2005 has said they have never experienced anything like it. My partner (in the seats) owns scout seats, bulls floor seats next to the bulls bench, and a Bears skybox, and he told me his clients or friends always tell him the scout seats were their favorite.

I was lucky enough to sit in the Dodger version of the Scout seats last summer when Danks and the Sox bested LA 2-0. I didn't see the price of the tix (I was a guest), but our scout seats BLOW theirs away...and they were very nice.

If you have a chance to go, you won't regret it.

skobabe8
03-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Every one I've ever taken to a game since 2005 has said they have never experienced anything like it. My partner (in the seats) owns scout seats, bulls floor seats next to the bulls bench, and a Bears skybox, and he told me his clients or friends always tell him the scout seats were their favorite.

I was lucky enough to sit in the Dodger version of the Scout seats last summer when Danks and the Sox bested LA 2-0. I didn't see the price of the tix (I was a guest), but our scout seats BLOW theirs away...and they were very nice.

If you have a chance to go, you won't regret it.

Care to elaborate?

It's Dankerific
03-10-2009, 05:22 AM
Care to elaborate?

I've only been to the LA version, but for one thing, you still have to pay for your beer =( Thats a downer.

I once sat in Chris Carter's seats for a few innings when the Dodgers played the Sox. I swear you could see the rotation on the pitch. It was pretty cool.

HomeFish
03-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Chris Carter, as in the X-Files guy?

ChicagoHoosier
03-10-2009, 11:33 AM
How about Jim Beam Club vs. Scout Seats? Anyone sat in both? Can you see the field better in the Jim Beam Club? I've been in Scout Seats three times, in the back row all three games, and it was absolutely incredible. However, I"d rather have been in row 6 or 7 instead of the last row.

Thinking about Jim Beam Club this year...

DumpJerry
03-10-2009, 12:35 PM
How about Jim Beam Club vs. Scout Seats? Anyone sat in both? Can you see the field better in the Jim Beam Club? I've been in Scout Seats three times, in the back row all three games, and it was absolutely incredible. However, I"d rather have been in row 6 or 7 instead of the last row.

Thinking about Jim Beam Club this year...
Did both last year.

The same food is served in the JB Club as the Scout Seats, but there wasn't a peanut bin.

The last row of the JB Club are bar stools and you cannot see the fireworks from them, otherwise, there are no problems with the view.

My only real complaint about JB is that there are no stadium speakers in there, so the announcements, etc. are heard through the opening to the stadium. It felt like I was in an extreme high-end sports bar with the best HD television ever made. I was at a night game, so the details on the field were perfect.

The bathrooms in the JB Club are much closer to where you are sitting, by the way. They are at one end of the lounge.

Like the Scout Seats, it was a nice experience, but I would not want to do all 81 games up there.

One strange occurence (according to some WSIers) that took place when I was in the JB Club was that the Sox won on a Brian Anderson walk-off hit.:tongue:

It's Dankerific
03-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Chris Carter, as in the X-Files guy?

Yep =)

Mr. Skin
03-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Care to elaborate?

For one, you have to pay for your drinks in LA. Food was no where near as good, nor were the choices as large. Seats didn't have tables next to them and weren't as big. The dining room in LA wasn't as nice as ours. Last...you're at a Dodger game, not a White Sox game.

DumpJerry
03-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Another difference between JB Club and Scout Seats: There is wait service at your seat for food and drink in JB Club, I don't recall this in the Scout Seats.

MUsoxfan
03-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Another difference between JB Club and Scout Seats: There is wait service at your seat for food and drink in JB Club, I don't recall this in the Scout Seats.

There's wait service, but the menu is limited

Quentin4prez
03-11-2009, 07:30 PM
wat is the price for both season tickets for scout seats and jb seats also in jb seats do u still get free food?
im very interested to no if i can actually afford them but most likely not lol

Jason82807
03-11-2009, 08:02 PM
wat is the price for both season tickets for scout seats and jb seats also in jb seats do u still get free food?

Pricing for the Jim Beam Club and Scout seats is based on the length of the contract, but for 2009 they're roughly $190/ticket for Scout seats and $270/ticket for Jim Beam Club. Both include free food/drinks starting 90 minutes before game time and ending at the last out of the 7th inning.

fozzy
03-12-2009, 02:27 AM

i work for levy at arlington park... have been asked to work in the scout seats several times to help out when needed. each time i got paid $5.00 an hour. last time i worked there 8 out of the 16 people didn't give me a dime. i must have brought them well over 50 drinks plus a ton of food during the game. i made an average of $7 an hour for the whole shift it was appalling. i won't work down there for a reason. next time you sit there give you server $20 bucks (for 2 people) at the begining of the game and see how well you'll be taken care of.

DumpJerry
03-12-2009, 03:02 AM
I read somewhere they will be giving free lessons on how to use upper-case letters in the Scout Seats and JB Club.

beasly213
03-12-2009, 09:57 AM

:dtroll:

It's Dankerific
03-12-2009, 10:09 AM
i work for levy at arlington park... have been asked to work in the scout seats several times to help out when needed. each time i got paid $5.00 an hour. last time i worked there 8 out of the 16 people didn't give me a dime. i must have brought them well over 50 drinks plus a ton of food during the game. i made an average of $7 an hour for the whole shift it was appalling. i won't work down there for a reason. next time you sit there give you server $20 bucks (for 2 people) at the begining of the game and see how well you'll be taken care of.

That is truly shocking. I feel I am a good tipper but I would never have thought that a all-included place like the Scout Seats would not include a tip (or a decent wage) for the workers.

It my mind, its not obvious that the workers are tipped-based employees.

Sargeant79
03-12-2009, 10:21 AM
That is truly shocking. I feel I am a good tipper but I would never have thought that a all-included place like the Scout Seats would not include a tip (or a decent wage) for the workers.

It my mind, its not obvious that the workers are tipped-based employees.

In the U.S., you really should assume that anyone serving you food or drinks is expecting a gratuity. Just about anywhere that allows their employees to accept tips (as far as wait staff goes) has that amount factored into the wage they pay them.

SouthSideSoxFan
03-12-2009, 12:54 PM
How about the Stadium Club? The bill always includes an 18% gratuity, does that go to the server?

fozzy
03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
yes that does

Mr. Skin
03-15-2009, 08:56 PM
...$10 bucks/per seat. I have 4 seats so I always tip 40 smacks.