PDA

View Full Version : They just can't let this go...

JermaineDye05
03-02-2009, 02:24 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-02-cubs-chicagomar02,0,7003196.story

When will they realize that Jake Peavy IS NOT COMING TO CHICAGO! Who gives a **** if he likes the Cubs, that doesn't mean the Padres will take **** for one of the best pitchers in baseball. Every one of these articles makes me facepalm.

soxfan21
03-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Funny stuff.

whitesox901
03-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I wish they would just give it up :rolleyes:

NLaloosh
03-02-2009, 02:54 PM
I would LOVE to see the flubs trade the farm for Peavy. And, then I'll laugh my butt off when Harden, Zambrano and Peavy are on the DL.

JermaineDye05
03-02-2009, 03:06 PM
I would LOVE to see the flubs trade the farm for Peavy. And, then I'll laugh my butt off when Harden, Zambrano and Peavy are on the DL.

I wouldn't. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Peavy is my favorite non-white sox pitcher. My Cub fan friends know this, and they would never let me hear the end of it.

ChiSoxFan81
03-02-2009, 04:04 PM
When I saw the headline, I was almost certain you had linked to The Onion.

veeter
03-02-2009, 04:09 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-02-cubs-chicagomar02,0,7003196.story

When will they realize that Jake Peavy IS NOT COMING TO CHICAGO! Who gives a **** if he likes the Cubs, that doesn't mean the Padres will take **** for one of the best pitchers in baseball. Every one of these articles makes me facepalm.When your main beat writer, Paul Sullivan, acts like a 10 y/o boy when his favorite cubbie player walks by, you get articles like this. cub fans simply eat it up, even if they don't think it'll happen. My co-worker says, "I just know they're going to get him." I laugh in his face.

areilly
03-02-2009, 05:13 PM
When will they realize that Jake Peavy IS NOT COMING TO CHICAGO!

You don't know that.

WhiteSoxFan84
03-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Tomorrow's headline:

Despite Signing 4-Year Extension w/ Orioles, Brian Roberts Still Wants To Be Traded To Cubs
Roberts Heard Signing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" At Baltimore Pub (Some overheard him sing, "Root, Root, Root for the Cubbies")

JermaineDye05
03-02-2009, 06:14 PM
You don't know that.

I also didn't know that they weren't going to acquire him in the winter meetings or once Ricketts was announced. Like the other times though, I just have a good feeling. It just doesn't seem like the Cubs have what it takes to get Peavy, not only that I don't know if their payroll can take the 75 million (I think) they'd have to take on. No nothing is set in stone, I just don't see it happening.

JB98
03-02-2009, 08:12 PM
At least this story gave me something to blog about today. Can't see a trade happening unless the Cubs decide they can part with Vitters and Samardzija.

Dick Allen
03-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Gordon Wittenmyer of the Cub-Times has also been playing junior GM, always making references any way he can to the Cubs possibly getting Peavy. It's like kindergarten class.

bradchifan3
03-03-2009, 01:04 PM
A reply to a reasonable comment about superstars not playing as a team

"I have to agree with everyone else,you are very annoying & you ramble on & on. You seem Jealous of our powerful Cubs team. Your lowly Sox will be lucky to finish in 3rd place in your division. You should stay on your own Sox site,instead of on our beloved Cubs site. Stick to the Southside where you losers belong! Do us all a favor and buzz off. Hey Stupid,dont be mad at the Cubs & fans,just because we are the best team & your Sox arent even mediocre. The Cubs will Dominate in 2009. GO CUBS,2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!"

:)

soxfan21
03-03-2009, 01:06 PM

"I have to agree with everyone else,you are very annoying & you ramble on & on. You seem Jealous of our powerful Cubs team. Your lowly Sox will be lucky to finish in 3rd place in your division. You should stay on your own Sox site,instead of on our beloved Cubs site. Stick to the Southside where you losers belong! Do us all a favor and buzz off. Hey Stupid,dont be mad at the Cubs & fans,just because we are the best team & your Sox arent even mediocre. The Cubs will Dominate in 2009. GO CUBS,2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!"

What a Moron :rolleyes:.

sullythered
03-03-2009, 01:10 PM
I love how he calls it "The Jake Peavy Saga." Please. "Star Wars" is a saga. This is a non-story.

white sox bill
03-03-2009, 01:55 PM

LOL! The poster above just single handedly ensured the cubs of finishing 3rd place! Keep the jinxing coming...

SOXSINCE'70
03-03-2009, 06:00 PM
LOL! The poster above just single handedly ensured the cubs of finishing 3rd place! Keep the jinxing coming...

No,The SI Jinx will ensure that!!:D::D:
(No teal needed).

I guarantee that SI will pick the sCrUBs to win it all in the N.L.
Then,they'll do what the sCrUBS always do when the heat's turned up;
they'll melt under the pressure.

Here's to another first round early exit for the North Side.:gulp:

It will be much more fun on the South Side this season,IMHO.

LET'S GO GO GO,WHITE SOX!!

SOXSINCE'70
03-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Peavy is my favorite non-white sox pitcher.

Personally.i'm more of a Cole Hamels(sp?) fan.

CWsox45
03-03-2009, 06:20 PM

Farm? What farm? The Cubs don't have the prospects to make a trade like this. I've seen their rosters, I've seen several of their "top prospects" and they aren't nearly talented enough to land a guy like Jake Peavy.

I don't care what you've read, where you've read it. Most of the top prospect lists seen on-line are written by Cubbie fans. People read them and assume that the lists are credible and legitimate, when in reality they're not.

If the Cubs are serious about trading for him, they're going to have to give up some Major League talent in return. One of the guys the Padres SHOULD probably ask for is Carlos Marmol.

Other than Jeff Samardzija, and Josh Vitters, the cupboard is pretty much bare. I don't want to hear about Chris Carpenter, who has pitched a total of 33 minor league innings, and the "future superstar" Tyler Colvin, when in reality he'll be lucky if he can produce Matt Murton numbers.

If a trade does go through, in which the Cubs give up little to any value, then Josh Towers should be fired as the Padres GM. He could get a much better package, and he knows that. That's why this trade hasn't happened, and most likelyn won't.