PDA

View Full Version : Great googily moogily

doublem23
05-26-2002, 01:24 PM
Just visited Chicagosports.com, and nearly spilled my Coke when I saw their poll...

Wow.

Knueman's been doin' Blue Rock again...

:bluerock

And, 67.9% agree as well. Sigh

FanOf14
05-26-2002, 01:30 PM
Isn't that a spinoff of the tribune website? It's amazing that the scrubs fans actually think that they might make the playoffs because they've managed a winning streak against a couple teams that are below .500. Hopefully the scrubs will start a nice, long losing streak soon.

Soxheads
05-26-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
Hopefully the scrubs will start a nice, long losing streak soon.

You can usually count on that. :D:

GASHWOUND
05-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Just visited Chicagosports.com, and nearly spilled my Coke when I saw their poll...

Wow.

Knueman's been doin' Blue Rock again...

And, 67.9% agree as well. Sigh

LOL! I was waiting for someone to bring this up. I went on their at around 9 this morning and saw the poll and voted on it(guess which one I chose) to see the results to that point and it nearly blew my mind! I chuckled and at the same time nodded my head in pity to see these morons thinking such nonsense. Its one thing to be optimistic, but another thing to be just flat out ridicules.

doublem23
05-26-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
LOL! I was waiting for someone to bring this up. I went on their at around 9 this morning and saw the poll and voted on it(guess which one I chose) to see the results to that point and it nearly blew my mind! I chuckled and at the same time nodded my head in pity to see these morons thinking such nonsense. Its one thing to be optimistic, but another thing to be just flat out ridicules.

'Nuff said! :smile:

CubKilla
05-26-2002, 04:23 PM
You expected different results from Chicago's Northside "baseball" fans? This poll, while a true knee-slapper, doesn't surprise anyone on this site at all..... I think.

Soxheads
05-26-2002, 04:40 PM
Its at 68.1 now.

baggio202
05-26-2002, 04:50 PM
i was fliping channels the night of the prior game...on wttw , chicago tonight show they were talking about prior...one guy goes...prior could get 20 more starts this year and end up with 18 wins..that should help lead the cubs back to the top....i couldnt stop laughing...they are expecting 18 wins in 20 starts from a guy that has one game pitched in the majors..lmao...im sure cub fans arte trying to find a way he could get 22 wins in 18 starts :)

Jerry_Manuel
05-26-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
im sure cub fans arte trying to find a way he could get 22 wins in 18 starts

Maybe Kenny Williams can give Prior the 18 wins he said Ritchie would win. :D:

RedPinStripes
05-26-2002, 07:54 PM
They forgot about my second favorite team that will wipe out that division soon.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/images/header/stl_home_middle.jpg