PDA

View Full Version : Schilling says he is Cub-worthy, or is it the other way around?

DumpJerry
02-28-2009, 06:17 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/orl-curt-schilling-play-cubs-022809,0,2015742.story

He also proclaims the Rays are worthy of whatever it is he has.

He'd fit right in with the circus on Addison Street.

johnnyg83
02-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Great fit.

A jerk in the jerkstore.

Jerksticks
02-28-2009, 07:05 PM
I love how he's going to take a couple weeks to mull it over. Was he even offered a contract from either team, or did somebody just ask him a random question at Disney World? I hate arrogance.

Corlose 15
02-28-2009, 07:09 PM
I like how the article mentions that Chicago is looking for it's first title in 101 years.

Just a certain part of Chicago is.:cool:

thomas35forever
03-01-2009, 01:44 AM
The article says he's broken curses. Maybe him on the team will break their curse. He has to.

whitesox901
03-01-2009, 01:59 AM
break's curses eh? Where the hell was he in 2005?

asindc
03-01-2009, 09:30 AM
Perfect fit if you ask me. By the way, in case Schilling happens to read this, that is not a compliment.

tick53
03-01-2009, 11:07 AM
I've hated him ever since he made the statement that the only team he would never play for was the White Sox. That's all I gotta say.:angry:

guillensdisciple
03-01-2009, 11:38 AM
I've hated him ever since he made the statement that the only team he would never play for was the White Sox. That's all I gotta say.:angry:

He said that???? He's a good fit for the Cubs. He is old, less talented than his previous years, and brings imaginary attendance titles to Wrigley field.

We all know Cubs fans love their attendance titles.

Ziggy S
03-01-2009, 11:36 PM
I think Schilling's a pretty cool guy, eh writes teh blog posts and doesn't afraid of anything.

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Two PR whores in the same story.

jackbrohamer
03-02-2009, 12:47 PM
The by-line says the article is from the Orlando Sentinel. The Cubune must only have a handful of reporters left, they they seem to largely publish stories from other papers and things reported in the Sun Times.

munchman33
03-02-2009, 12:53 PM

That's not entirely accurate. He won't play for a team owned by Jerry Reinsdorf, because he blames him for the strike.

DumpJerry
03-02-2009, 01:22 PM
The by-line says the article is from the Orlando Sentinel. The Cubune must only have a handful of reporters left, they they seem to largely publish stories from other papers and things reported in the Sun Times.
Tribune Co. owns the Sentinel.

Smokey Burg
03-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Sure, he's cub-worthy. Of course, the cubs have a penchant for signing arrogant, top dollar, over-the-hill prima donnas that are running on empty tanks. The cubs have already signed Milton Bradley, they may not want to have two aging egotistic jerks at the same time. If they do sign him, I predict that he will do to Lou Pinella what Fergie Jenkins did to Lee Elia.

SoxfaninLA
03-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Great fit.

A jerk in the jerkstore.

:rolling:

Schilling may be my most hated player in the game. Part of me wants him to go away so we can stop hearing his mouth, but part of me would enjoy being able to bash him as a part of the clown team.

jackbrohamer
03-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Tribune Co. owns the Sentinel.

But the Tribune don't usually rely upon it for Cubs coverage.

Red Barchetta
03-02-2009, 06:26 PM
For the sake of the Cub fans, I hope he can hit. Something they could not do in October last year...:tongue:

DumpJerry
03-02-2009, 06:28 PM
But the Tribune don't usually rely upon it for Cubs coverage.
Schilling probably lives in Florida, that is probably how The Sentinal got the story.

The Cubs do ST in Arizona, why would they have a sports reporter in Florida?

Anyway, this was not a Cub story, it is a Schilling story since he also anointed the Rays as Curt-Worthy

jackbrohamer
03-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Anyway, this was not a Cub story, it is a Schilling story since he also anointed the Rays as Curt-Worthy

My comment was directed to financial problems of the Tribune, which I believe have been widely reported, rather than anything else. There have been extensive recent layoffs at the Tribune which have extended to its reporting staff. For example I have read several recent articles that credit the source of the information as " ... according to an article published in the Sun Times." The notion that the Tribune is increasingly relying on reports published in the Sun Times and other newspapers (even newspapers in which it holds an ownership interest), rather than its own reporters, as sources for information is something that was difficult to imagine even in the recent past.

spiffie
03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Sure, he's cub-worthy. Of course, the cubs have a penchant for signing arrogant, top dollar, over-the-hill prima donnas that are running on empty tanks. The cubs have already signed Milton Bradley, they may not want to have two aging egotistic jerks at the same time. If they do sign him, I predict that he will do to Lou Pinella what Fergie Jenkins did to Lee Elia.
Did I not get the memo that decided 30 years old (31 in April) is "aging"? Man, I fear what that means for our guys. If 31 is aging, what are Konerko or Dye?

oeo
03-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Did I not get the memo that decided 30 years old (31 in April) is "aging"? Man, I fear what that means for our guys. If 31 is aging, what are Konerko or Dye?

Konerko just turned 33. In fact, today is his birthday.

At 30, you're still in your prime, but depending on how your body holds up, who knows for how much longer. I'd consider that 'aging.'

Thome25
03-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Who gives a **** what Schilling says? He's an arrogant asshat and I'm sure he would love to play of the ****ing Red Sawx of the midwest.

Smokey Burg
03-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Schilling is 43, i.e. aging. On the other hand, Milton Bradley, a mere 31 has averaged playing about half the games in a season since he entered the majors. He may not be "aging", he just plays that way. Until he can put together 5 or more seasons (consecutive) where he plays in 140+ games, I'll stand by my aging remark. I doubt if anyone will call me out on my overpaid, prima donna remarks.

Uncle_Patrick
03-05-2009, 03:49 PM
That's not entirely accurate. He won't play for a team owned by Jerry Reinsdorf, because he blames him for the strike.

So I guess he won't be signing with the Bulls anytime soon, either.