anyone out there for feedback -- ??

soxinem1
02-28-2009, 01:27 PM
now I can get Lodge Outfield Box ---
I don't know -- maybe I just will see what I can get on Stub Hub ---

I have been to Miller before in the bleachers and they weren't that bad --
Miller looks to be a bit smaller than the Cell and Busch --

The retractable roof (even open) makes it feel smaller, but I really like this park, from the walk in from the parking lot, to the concessions, and other than some of the seating areas seeming a bit small, I enjoy this place.

They have a main level concourse just like The Cell.

The only thing I do not like is the 'mall' look that Miller Park, Great American, and a few others have. I guess that is the new thing now in stadiums.

stockonline2
02-28-2009, 03:17 PM
It's a great stadium. I think Brewer fans will find it refreshing to play a team from Chicago whose fans do not completely overrun everything there and act like a bunch of overbearing dbags. If anyone has been to a Cubs-Brewers game in Milwaukee, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

TDog
02-28-2009, 03:22 PM
I used to live near Miller Park. The seats in rightfield above the visitor's bullpen are horrible. Not only are you limited in what you can see, but you are limited as to what you can hear -- all because of what they used to call the Dew Deck when it was sponsored by Mountain Dew. The seats under the deck are cheap and often available because the television monitors on the support beams that, along with the overhanging deck, obstruct the view from many of those seats are necessary to follow the game (although I was once there for a night game where the monitors were tuned to the Simpsons because the channel wasn't changed after the end of the Bucks game). When the roof is closed, the lighting the acoustics are particularly bad, making those seats a dreadful experience, unless you have friends in the visitor's bullpen.

I have sat behind home plate below the press box. Those were great seats. Those are great seats even in Oakland. But down the lines the sight lines are bad with some obstructed views. The farther down the line you are in fair territory, the farther away from the field you are, the more your view of the field is blocked. The concourse isn't open to the field as it is at the Cell, so, if not for the television monitors, you would be removed from the game. It is more like a shopping mall.

I'm not a big fan of Miller Park, especially with the roof closed. Hope for great weather when you go there. There are a lot of bad seats. At least the parking was cheap when I lived in the area.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-28-2009, 10:19 PM
now I can get Lodge Outfield Box ---
I don't know -- maybe I just will see what I can get on Stub Hub ---

I have been to Miller before in the bleachers and they weren't that bad --
Miller looks to be a bit smaller than the Cell and Busch --

As others have said, the roof makes it look smaller. I recommend either the Loge Level(best bang for your buck), or field(i just love the view from the field level). But honestly, there are several very good seats(i have probably seen over 300 games at Miller). The only view you don't have at all times is the very far corners of the outfield, and that's not that big of a deal IMO, because that means you miss maybe 4 fair balls a game. Food isn't as good as it was at County, but it's still pretty solid. Tailgating is a must obviously.

TDog
03-01-2009, 12:49 AM
... Food isn't as good as it was at County, but it's still pretty solid. Tailgating is a must obviously.

For some reason, when the Brewers moved to Miller Park, they left the Dusseldorf in County Stadium. At my job in Waukesha, I supervised a woman who had interned in the Brewers PR department. She said she knew who to ask to get the Dusseldorf mustard, without which a brat isn't a brat. I went to a bun ch of games in the first couple of seasons at Miller Park, but I never found anyone who knew where they hid the Dusseldorf mustard.

I would never tailgate, though, but I had to bad luck to park near tailgaters on more than a couple of occasions who were rude and had no respect for my property, i.e. my car. In Milwaukee, it's a crazier than it is in Chicago. When I gave one of the people who worked under me the day off for the 2000 Brewers opener, the last at County Stadium, it upset me to learn that he was tailgating through the sixth inning.

ComiskeyBrewer
03-01-2009, 10:28 AM
For some reason, when the Brewers moved to Miller Park, they left the Dusseldorf in County Stadium.

I would never tailgate, though, but I had to bad luck to park near tailgaters on more than a couple of occasions who were rude and had no respect for my property, i.e. my car. In Milwaukee,

I was actually refering to the way they were cooked. The brat itself tastes different now. As for Tailgating, that's too bad. I've never had anybody screw with my stuff, you must have just had a bunch of jerks. As for tailgating on opening day, that doesn't really shock me(brewers actually have to enforce a ticket policy where you can't stay in the parking lot unless you have a ticket. The last few years some folk just come out to tailgate and enjoy the atmosphere). On opening day, i will tend to get there 5 or 6 hours before the game, and there are still usually more people there before me.

soxinem1
03-01-2009, 10:36 AM
It's a great stadium. I think Brewer fans will find it refreshing to play a team from Chicago whose fans do not completely overrun everything there and act like a bunch of overbearing dbags. If anyone has been to a Cubs-Brewers game in Milwaukee, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

When I went to CIN last year, the security staff was pleased that us White Sox fans were there, as they pretty much said the same thing you did.

I guess it is a 'Nationwide Phenomenon.

TDog
03-01-2009, 11:43 AM
I was actually refering to the way they were cooked. The brat itself tastes different now. As for Tailgating, that's too bad. I've never had anybody screw with my stuff, you must have just had a bunch of jerks. As for tailgating on opening day, that doesn't really shock me(brewers actually have to enforce a ticket policy where you can't stay in the parking lot unless you have a ticket. The last few years some folk just come out to tailgate and enjoy the atmosphere). On opening day, i will tend to get there 5 or 6 hours before the game, and there are still usually more people there before me.

I might not have noticed if the brats were cooked differently, considering the glaring mustard issue. Really, there is no reason they should be cooked differently.

I have had a number of bad experiences with tailgaters, beyond believing I was giving someone a day off (actually, I took a half day off with my boss that day myself) to go to a special baseball game when instead he went drinking with his friends outside.

My worst experience with tailgaters experience is more inexcusable. At Game 1 of the 1984 World Series in San Diego, people without tickets, some in motorhomes, paid for parking and watched the game from outside the ballpark, claiming multiple parking stalls. One guy wanted to charge me $10 to pull into the stall where he had set up a director's chair. That was more than I paid to get into the parking lot. I blame the Padres for allowing that to happen. At least I didn't notice my car had been urinated on when I left that night.

Because I don't drink and take mass transit to ballgames I've been to in recent years, I really have no use for tailgaters, but that isn't the topic at hand.

skobabe8
03-01-2009, 12:38 PM
I might not have noticed if the brats were cooked differently, considering the glaring mustard issue. Really, there is no reason they should be cooked differently.

I have had a number of bad experiences with tailgaters, beyond believing I was giving someone a day off (actually, I took a half day off with my boss that day myself) to go to a special baseball game when instead he went drinking with his friends outside.

My worst experience with tailgaters experience is more inexcusable. At Game 1 of the 1984 World Series in San Diego, people without tickets, some in motorhomes, paid for parking and watched the game from outside the ballpark, claiming multiple parking stalls. One guy wanted to charge me $10 to pull into the stall where he had set up a director's chair. That was more than I paid to get into the parking lot. I blame the Padres for allowing that to happen. At least I didn't notice my car had been urinated on when I left that night.

Because I don't drink and take mass transit to ballgames I've been to in recent years, I really have no use for tailgaters, but that isn't the topic at hand.

Not to hijack, but I really don't see why you are so pissed about this. If you gave him the day off, shouldnt he be allowed to do whatever he wants to do? Would you have been as mad if he went inside the game and got sloppy drunk with his friends as opposed to outside the game?

TDog
03-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Not to hijack, but I really don't see why you are so pissed about this. If you gave him the day off, shouldnt he be allowed to do whatever he wants to do? Would you have been as mad if he went inside the game and got sloppy drunk with his friends as opposed to outside the game?

The difference is huge, and it's a matter of being a responsible employee. The argument to get the day off, and days off available for the occasion were limited, were to go to the special baseball game. He wasn't really honest with me, and I found it disappointing. He could have spent Sunday drinking with his friends in a parking lot in 40-degree weather. Baseball is something special. Tailgating has nothing to do with baseball.

I know he didn't urinate on my car, though, because my supervisor drove me to an auxiliary lot where we caught a shuttle bus.

LoveYourSuit
03-01-2009, 04:19 PM
I just looked at ticket prices for that series..... I will take a Pass.

$65 for a seat down the RF line in row 25?

decolores9628
03-02-2009, 08:18 AM

Really off-topic but I LOVE your sig.

RockJock07
03-04-2009, 10:49 AM
I just looked at ticket prices for that series..... I will take a Pass.

$65 for a seat down the RF line in row 25?

That's Marquee pricing bro, although I would guess for a Cubs/Sox game at the cell would cost that much if not more and having the Sox in MIL is just as big as the Cubs being here.

Besides those 3 games are very close to selling out as it is

amsteel
03-23-2009, 04:13 PM
I hate to resurrect a 'dead' thread, but I was just able to score 4 tix to the saturday game, which was previously sold out. I figure there has to be a few people still looking for tickets to that game.

champagne030
03-23-2009, 04:34 PM
I hate to resurrect a 'dead' thread, but I was just able to score 4 tix to the saturday game, which was previously sold out. I figure there has to be a few people still looking for tickets to that game.

Nice. I already had tickets, but my buddy snagged 4 in section 228.

hi im skot
03-23-2009, 05:06 PM

Thanks! Just grabbed a few.

Friday and Saturday down, just Sunday left to go.

DirtySox
03-23-2009, 05:13 PM
I have Saturday tickets as well. Looking forward to it. :cool:

robertks61
03-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks, I have tickets for Sunday and now have Section 210 for Saturday!

skobabe8
03-23-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm going Saturday!

thomas35forever
03-23-2009, 11:26 PM
My dad and I have tickets for Sunday!:bandance:

Everyone please promise themselves they won't act like the douchebags from the North Side.

RockJock07
03-24-2009, 06:18 PM
My dad and I have tickets for Sunday!:bandance:

Everyone please promise themselves they won't act like the douchebags from the North Side.

I agree. I work at Miller Park and most have a real positive view of White Sox fans, I hope it stays that way after this series.