PDA

View Full Version : Williams speaks on Borchard

Jerry_Manuel
05-26-2002, 08:38 AM
From the Daily Herald:

Class AAA outfielder Joe Borchard. The team's first-round pick in 2000 went 4-for-4 Friday night with his seventh home run of the year for Charlotte. He's hitting .292 and slugging .594 since joining the team a month ago.

"He's doing well," Kenny Williams said. "There are some things he's going to learn at the Triple-A level. Game experience is all he needs right now."

DrCrawdad
05-26-2002, 09:03 AM
Kenny, clear the way for LTP!

RedPinStripes
05-26-2002, 10:43 AM
Is the other Joe alive?

:crede
I'm ready to retire!

awesomefan
05-26-2002, 12:37 PM
RPS: I can't get over how funny some of you guys are. I know you're laughin' just to keep from cryin' 'bout the Joe Crede thang.

I'm anxious to see how #1 Joe (Crede) does IF they ever bring him up.

White Sox just have tooooo many Good Guys!!!!

MattSharp
05-26-2002, 01:17 PM
Personally I agree that Borchard is not my top priority right now. Joe Crede is..........

KruseControl04
05-26-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Personally I agree that Borchard is not my top priority right now. Joe Crede is..........

Here is what I suggest: Put Royce on the bench, bring up Crede and move Jose over to short. Sure Jose makes errors, but he's better at the plate than Royce. Although he's hitting like .250 right now, I think he's going to heat up. And even if Crede just replaces Jose at 3rd I'd still like to see him up with the big team.

MattSharp
05-26-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by KruseControl04

Here is what I suggest: Put Royce on the bench, bring up Crede and move Jose over to short. Sure Jose makes errors, but he's better at the plate than Royce. Although he's hitting like .250 right now, I think he's going to heat up. And even if Crede just replaces Jose at 3rd I'd still like to see him up with the big team.

That is what we have been suggesting all year.....

LongDistanceFan
05-26-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Kenny, clear the way for LTP! i hate to bring this up, but lets move lee, when he is ready......

Soxheads
05-26-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
i hate to bring this up, but lets move lee, when he is ready......

Why do you hate to bring it up? I totally agree with it. :smile:

RedPinStripes
05-26-2002, 06:36 PM
I like this thread. Bench Royce, move Lee, bring up Crede! :)

guillen4life13
05-26-2002, 11:19 PM
how bout this (say what u will. jose might not like this but i'll spit this out): trade carlos lee, move valentin 2 left field, then replace him at third with crede.

RedPinStripes
05-27-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
how bout this (say what u will. jose might not like this but i'll spit this out): trade carlos lee, move valentin 2 left field, then replace him at third with crede.

We had a look at Jose in the out field and it wasn't pretty at all.

Nellie_Fox
05-27-2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by KruseControl04
Here is what I suggest: Put Royce on the bench, bring up Crede and move Jose over to short. Sure Jose makes errors, but he's better at the plate than Royce. Although he's hitting like .250 right now, I think he's going to heat up. And even if Crede just replaces Jose at 3rd I'd still like to see him up with the big team. What makes you think Jose is going to heat up? More and more I'm thinking that 2000 was a career year for Manos. There's no way that his .250 average makes up for his defensive problems, and his career average is .247, so this seems like a "regression to the mean" rather than something he is going to come out of.

Originally posted by MattSharp
That is what we have been suggesting all year..... Who's "we" kemosabe?

Jerry_Manuel
05-27-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
What makes you think Jose is going to heat up? More and more I'm thinking that 2000 was a career year for Manos.

Valentin was great in 2000 hitting in front of Thomas. In 2001 he was hitting in front of Canseco and a cast of others. He really is only a .265 - .280 hitter. I've said since April, put him back in the 2 hole and move Durham down.

Nellie_Fox
05-28-2002, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Valentin was great in 2000 hitting in front of Thomas. In 2001 he was hitting in front of Canseco and a cast of others. He really is only a .265 - .280 hitter. I've said since April, put him back in the 2 hole and move Durham down. Look at his career numbers. He isn't a .265-.280 hitter. He's only had one season in which he's hit over .260, and that's 2000. His career average is .247. It's time to recognize that he's not an offensive juggernaut, and he's a defensive liability. I know it's hard to turn your back on a guy who was such a major part of the 2000 success, but it was a fluke.

Jerry_Manuel
05-28-2002, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Look at his career numbers. He isn't a .265-.280 hitter. He's only had one season in which he's hit over .260, and that's 2000. His career average is .247. It's time to recognize that he's not an offensive juggernaut, and he's a defensive liability. I know it's hard to turn your back on a guy who was such a major part of the 2000 success, but it was a fluke.

It's tough for me to turn my back on Jose. I'd like to see what he can do in the 2-hole.