PDA

View Full Version : Announcer question?

02-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Sorry if this has been posted already, my first visit here in nearly 4 years. Who will be announcing games with Hawk Harrelson this season?

doublem23
Sorry if this has been posted already, my first visit here in nearly 4 years. Who will be announcing games with Hawk Harrelson this season?

Steve Stone

oeo

Steve Stone.

doublem23
02-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Steve Stone.

Mine was first because I didn't waste a keystroke on a superfluous period. :neener:

02-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks it would be cool if Frank Thomas came back to announce some too! If he retires that is!

oeo
02-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Mine was first because I didn't waste a keystroke on a superfluous period. :neener:

You were sly. No one was in the thread when I opened it, no one was in the thread after I posted...and yet you posted.

Rohan
02-26-2009, 11:08 AM

Nice use of the word superfluous!

Thanks it would be cool if Frank Thomas came back to announce some too! If he retires that is!

I love frank as a player, and i'd love to see him in the HoF. That being said i'd rather him not be commentating or coaching.

RF/DH#3
02-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Steve Stone's annoying. I couldn't listen to him and Farmer on the Radio (2 THINK they know it alls babbling on and on). Now I can't have the volume up on the TV because it's going to be like when Stone was with Harry Caray in his old man diapers EXCEPT it's going to be HAWK in the diapers! Wish I could go back to the 90's and bring the old Hawk and Wimpy to the new millenium or Harry C. and Jimmy P. from back in the day!

bradchifan3
02-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Steve Stone's annoying. I couldn't listen to him and Farmer on the Radio (2 THINK they know it alls babbling on and on). Now I can't have the volume up on the TV because it's going to be like when Stone was with Harry Caray in his old man diapers EXCEPT it's going to be HAWK in the diapers! Wish I could go back to the 90's and bring the old Hawk and Wimpy to the new millenium or Harry C. and Jimmy P. from back in the day!

Really? I think Stone is really good and he knows what he is talking about.

DumpJerry
02-26-2009, 11:45 PM
I love frank as a player, and i'd love to see him in the HoF. That being said i'd rather him not be commentating or coaching.

Hurt was great as a studio analyst for TBS during the playoffs recently.

Stone is fantastic. He knows baseball better than almost everyone who takes a mic for the game. His insights are deep and he really knows what he is talking about.

John Barrett
02-27-2009, 12:18 AM
:dtroll:Steve Stone's annoying. I couldn't listen to him and Farmer on the Radio (2 THINK they know it alls babbling on and on). Now I can't have the volume up on the TV because it's going to be like when Stone was with Harry Caray in his old man diapers EXCEPT it's going to be HAWK in the diapers! Wish I could go back to the 90's and bring the old Hawk and Wimpy to the new millenium or Harry C. and Jimmy P. from back in the day!

John Barrett
02-27-2009, 12:18 AM
:dtroll:Sorry if this has been posted already, my first visit here in nearly 4 years. Who will be announcing games with Hawk Harrelson this season?

DumpJerry
02-27-2009, 12:24 AM
:dtroll:

:rolleyes::rolleyes: for both.

beasly213
02-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Is it just me or have I seen the Troll icon a ton lately?

fox23
02-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Is it just me or have I seen the Troll icon a ton lately?

It's not just you. It seems that is the new way of telling someone that you think their opinion is stupid. On the plus side, who cares? sightings seem to be down.

02-27-2009, 05:44 PM
:scratch:

:gulp:

RF/DH#3
02-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Hurt was great as a studio analyst for TBS during the playoffs recently.

Stone is fantastic. He knows baseball better than almost everyone who takes a mic for the game. His insights are deep and he really knows what he is talking about.

Po-TAY-To/Po-TA-To To-MAY-To/To-MA-To.... you think what you think, I think what I think or maybe you just have a REALLY high tolerance for annoying announcers. (really knows what he is talking about) that's not mine that's your opinion (not fact, opinion)...