View Full Version : AL Central Standings

danman31
05-26-2002, 01:46 AM
White Sox 28-21
Twins 27-22 1
Indians 22-26 5.5
Royals 17-29 9.5
Tigers 17-29 9.5

They look good for now, but it's still May. 1 game is nothing, the Sox will have to beat the Twins head to head. Last year they couldn't do it and they lost a lot of big games in the making. This year they need to put away the Twins by beating them often.

baggio202
05-26-2002, 03:18 AM
we could win this divsion with 85 wins and do it with a 10 game lead...this could easily wind up with the twins, cleveland,detroit and KC all with about 75 -80 wins and the sox being the only team with a winning record...i swear if we traded places with baltimore they would be favored to win this division...outside of us..it stinks...i dont think the division as a whole is play .400 baseball against the other two divisions..

doublem23
05-26-2002, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by baggio202
we could win this divsion with 85 wins and do it with a 10 game lead...this could easily wind up with the twins, cleveland,detroit and KC all with about 75 -80 wins and the sox being the only team with a winning record...i swear if we traded places with baltimore they would be favored to win this division...outside of us..it stinks...i dont think the division as a whole is play .400 baseball against the other two divisions..

I'm not complaining. :smile:

MarqSox
05-26-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

I'm not complaining. :smile:

Exactly, and I don't think it necessarily reflects on us. Could we win the AL East or West? Probably not, but that doesn't mean we couldn't beat the Yankees, Red Sox or Mariners in a 5-game series. Make the postseason and anything's possible. Remember, in 2000, there was no way Seattle could have won the AL Central, but that didn't stop them from kicking our butts in October.

DrCrawdad
05-26-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Exactly, and I don't think it necessarily reflects on us. Could we win the AL East or West? Probably not, but that doesn't mean we couldn't beat the Yankees, Red Sox or Mariners in a 5-game series. Make the postseason and anything's possible. Remember, in 2000, there was no way Seattle could have won the AL Central, but that didn't stop them from kicking our butts in October.

Good points! I agree.

- DrCrawdad.

voodoochile
05-26-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Exactly. No one knows how good this Sox team will be come September. Wright and Garland have the potential to either be 15 game winners with a lot of confidence and thus lead the team to some wins in the playoffs or they might go the other way (I doubt it, but who knows). There are so many questions still to be answered. If the Sox continue to grow and mature at the pace they are, they will be a force to be reckoned with come August and September (and hopefully October too...)

CerberusWG
05-26-2002, 12:38 PM
I think I heard on Baseball Tonight that when the Twins beat the Halos two days ago, it was the first time they beat a team over .500.

Pretty bad if true.

voodoochile
05-26-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
I think I heard on Baseball Tonight that when the Twins beat the Halos two days ago, it was the first time they beat a team over .500.

Pretty bad if true.

Actually, they beat the Indians early in the season a couple of times before they tanked. I believe it is the first time they beat a team that is currently over .500. Which as you said, is pretty bad...

MarqSox
05-26-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

Pretty bad if true.

It is true. With last night's loss, they are now 1-7 against teams with a winning record. Once they get into the tougher part of their schedule, they'll fold.