PDA

View Full Version : Where would you sit Opening day if you had a choice?

SOXfnNlansing
02-25-2009, 10:37 AM
There have been some discussions about where posters prefer to sit at the game. I'm just curious to find out as a percentage where fans prefer to sit. I'm a lower bowl guy myself, but maybe our poll findings will be interesting.

EMachine10
02-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Lower bowl, behind the 3rd base dugout.

voodoochile
02-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Lower bowl, behind the 3rd base dugout. I prefer to be a bit closer to the OD circle, but I agree with the general idea. Anything just outside the area covered by the net is ideal.

soxfan21
02-25-2009, 10:47 AM
I will be sitting in 525 on OD, but if given the choice, and money was no concern, I think that Jim Beam Club seats would be pretty sweet.

SOXfnNlansing
02-25-2009, 10:50 AM
I like the seats in sec118. There's nothing like walking down the aisles on a hot July night game with the lights taking effect, watching a game from there. For some reason, I'm always on the 1st base side. It's nice to be shielded from the sun on those hot summer days.:bandance:

geraldfritz
02-25-2009, 11:07 AM
I prefer the picnic tables in the bullpen sports bar, which is where i will be at, on opening day.

HomeFish
02-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Whenever I walk up to a box office at US Cellular Field, I say "Do you have anything in Section 159?"

I like 159 because you can see into the bullpen and you're right in front of the left fielder. So you can really observe all the little things that players do. It was great when Man Soo Lee and Carlos Lee were both out there, as they were always up for entertaining nearby fans.

SoxFan78
02-25-2009, 11:24 AM
For me, it would depend on what row you were in also. My split season tickets are in the upper deck on the 3rd base line, but they are in the first row. I would take those seats any day vs. lower bowl seats by the foul pole 20 rows up.

jabrch
02-25-2009, 11:29 AM
For OD - since it is often snowy/wet, and usually cold, I'd go with Jim Beam or a skybox.

Normal day - with nice weather, Lower box, about 10 rows up, about even with 1st or 3rd base.

soxfan21
02-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Whenever I walk up to a box office at US Cellular Field, I say "Do you have anything in Section 159?"

I like 159 because you can see into the bullpen and you're right in front of the left fielder. So you can really observe all the little things that players do. It was great when Man Soo Lee and Carlos Lee were both out there, as they were always up for entertaining nearby fans.

They are great seats to sit in for all of the reasons you mentioned, thats why I choose that section for my split season plan. It's also sweet to see TCQ right in front of you every game :D:.

CWSpalehoseCWS
02-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Lower box has the best view, but I've had some games that were great in the bleachers (back2back2back2back).

GoGoCrede
02-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Being a rather poor college student, I'd sit anywhere if I could get a ticket. That said, I'd go for Lower Box. Just great seats all around; I can actually feel as though the players are life-sized, as opposed to my normal Upper Box seating, where big guys like Thome are pea-sized. :tongue:
I feel as if I'm too far away when I sit in the bleachers and Lower Reserved, and I wouldn't like to be on TV behind home plate.

JB98
02-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Sec. 533. Right behind the plate in the UD.

pmck003
02-25-2009, 12:22 PM

I've always liked sitting in LF at most parks I've been to. I've been to Coors and the Metrodome the most; like it at Coors but not so much in the dome, course there is not much to like about sitting anywhere in that place.

DumpJerry
02-25-2009, 12:28 PM
I like the seats in sec118. There's nothing like walking down the aisles on a hot July night game with the lights taking effect, watching a game from there. For some reason, I'm always on the 1st base side. It's nice to be shielded from the sun on those hot summer days.:bandance:
I agree about the Sun during day games. I'm in 115 because I like the shade.

For OD, if I had a choice, I'd go outfield-that is where the Sun will be. In April, the Sun is your friend, unlike July and August.

Mr.1Dog
02-25-2009, 12:28 PM
M&M Coat's seat.

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-25-2009, 12:49 PM
On Deck circle, shagging foul balls and getting bats for the players.

Otherwise, I'll take outfield seats. I like sitting right above the BSB too.

NardiWasHere
02-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Nosebleeds... Preferably behind a tall guy wearing a goofy top hat.

....But that might just be me...

LITTLE NELL
02-25-2009, 02:33 PM
In old Comiskey in the upper deck right behind home plate and below the press box. Those were the best seats ever.

chisoxfanatic
02-25-2009, 02:56 PM
I really like my seat in 149 (lower box). I will be there for opening day.

JohnTucker0814
02-25-2009, 03:45 PM
I'd sit on the Fan Deck as I used to when it first opened up, it was great. Get in line at the butt crack and bust your butt to get a front row seat there! Now it's all corporate and party's... it's really a shame, the normal fan doesn't get to use that area anymore!

whitesox901
02-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Anywhere that's not upper deck, good seats and all but it seems that's where I always sit

Thigpen "57"
02-25-2009, 06:30 PM
I did not see the option for:

"In the dugout, next to Ozzie and Coop"

:tongue:

WhiteSoxJunkie
02-25-2009, 11:24 PM
I've always wanted to sit in the first row behind the Sox bullpen.

DumpJerry
02-25-2009, 11:41 PM
I'd sit on the Fan Deck as I used to when it first opened up, it was great. Get in line at the butt crack and bust your butt to get a front row seat there! Now it's all corporate and party's... it's really a shame, the normal fan doesn't get to use that area anymore!
Not true. There were plenty of games last year where it was not rented out. Was up there a bunch of times.

Remember, all those rentals bring in $$ to sign FA's.

WhiteSoxJunkie
02-26-2009, 12:08 AM
Remember, all those rentals bring in $$ to sign FA's.

How many free agents were signed this off season besides Colon?

HomeFish
02-26-2009, 12:20 AM
I did not see the option for:

"In the dugout, next to Ozzie and Coop"

:tongue:

I've sat in the first row behind the dugout once; my friend and I sneaked down into those seats during the late innings of a blowout.

We saw Jerry Manuel come out right in front of us and move to bring Jose Paniagua into the game...

I'm never sitting there again.

DumpJerry
02-26-2009, 07:30 AM
How many free agents were signed this off season besides Colon?
You forgot Bobby Jenks got a $5,000,000 pay raise? Yeah, he wasn't a free agent, but nonetheless......

DumpJerry
02-26-2009, 07:31 AM
I've sat in the first row behind the dugout once; my friend and I sneaked down into those seats during the late innings of a blowout.

We saw Jerry Manuel come out right in front of us and move to bring Jose Paniagua into the game...

I'm never sitting there again.
So, it was you whom Panigua flipped off!

Understandable.