PDA

View Full Version : Spring training games broadcast?

Whappeh
02-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Are Spring Training games going to be broadcast on WGN across the country?

whitesox901
02-22-2009, 03:39 PM
I think one is, and are games on CSN going to be blacked out?

Whappeh
02-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Only one? Is it the Cubs-Sox games?

GoGoCrede
02-22-2009, 03:43 PM
I am pretty sure they will all be on MLB.TV, if that helps any. I'm pumped - my calendar is marked.

whitesox901
02-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Only one? Is it the Cubs-Sox games?

I think so,

(http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws&m=4&y=2009)
this should help:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws&m=3&y=2009

Whappeh
02-22-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm already out there for the week of the 15th, I just would like to keep tabs on the other games when I'm not in AZ. :D:

kba
02-22-2009, 05:47 PM
4 Sox games are scheduled to be on WGN Superstation this spring:

March 4, March 5, and March 27 - all vs. the Cubs and all with the Cubs announcers.

March 28 vs. the Dodgers with the Sox announcers.

DirtySox
02-22-2009, 06:00 PM
I am pretty sure they will all be on MLB.TV, if that helps any. I'm pumped - my calendar is marked.

I hope so. The schedule (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/#20090225) still isn't updated. I keep checking it a few time a day.

I want Mags back
02-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Those MLB.tv original content games are just terribly announced, but worth watching anyways.

JermaineDye05
02-22-2009, 08:17 PM

Won't matter for me. Being at NIU, we don't get CSN (only WGN.) Considering I'm well within the blackout, I can't get mlbtv broadcasts. I'm forced to record these games at home on directv and watch them later.

GoGoCrede
02-23-2009, 05:01 AM
Won't matter for me. Being at NIU, we don't get CSN (only WGN.) Considering I'm well within the blackout, I can't get mlbtv broadcasts. I'm forced to record these games at home on directv and watch them later.

That would have been the case for me, too, but studying abroad has come in handy. :gulp:When I get back to the U.S., though, back to blackout. MLB.tv doesn't care if my roommates want to watch something else on our only TV!

RockJock07
02-23-2009, 09:49 PM

I'm in a similar situation, it sucks however a co-worker informed me that there is a way to watch out of network games on your computer. I forgot the website however, i'll need to get that.

He said that people basically broadcast the feed over the net and you can log onto this website and view it for free. I'm wary however I ran it by some IT guys and they've heard of it and it actaully sounds like a diamond in the rough.

we'll see.....

esbrechtel
02-24-2009, 10:57 AM
I am pretty upset about that...this is a preseason worth watching with all of the position battles and we barely get any games...

soxfan21
02-24-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm surprised that this weekend's sox/cubs game isn't televised at all. The preseason sox/cubs games are usually always televised, don't know why they are not showing this one though.

HangWiffum
02-24-2009, 11:46 AM
not too many games being broadcast this spring. kinda disappointing if u ask me.

Lip Man 1
02-24-2009, 04:21 PM
My schedule shows this:

3/1 Dodgers Comcast Chicago
3/4 Cubs WGN
3/5 Cubs WGN
3/14 Texas Comcast Chicago
3/21 Cubs Comcast Chicago
3/24 Cleveland Comcast Chicago
3/26 Arizona Comcast Chicago
3/27 Cubs WGn
3/28 Dodgers WGN
4/2 Milwaukee Comcast Chicago

Also keep in mind the MLB-TV network may show a game AND depending on where you live your regional sports network may also show some. Example when the Sox play Colorado, Fox Sports Rocky Mountain may show it...Seattle, Fox Sports Northwest, Texas, Fox Sports Southwest etc.

Lip

Chicken Dinner
02-24-2009, 05:50 PM
I'll hoist a brew for everyone while I'm watching the Sox-Angels game tomorrow in Tempe. :D:

awesomefan
02-25-2009, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the info Lip Man 1.

I hope I live in the right area to get all those games.

MsSoxVixen22
02-25-2009, 09:14 AM
So, today's game isn't on the radio, I take it?

JohnnyInnsbrook
02-25-2009, 09:34 AM
So, today's game isn't on the radio, I take it?
Todays game is on WSCR 670@ 2:05 central

thedudeabides
02-25-2009, 10:18 AM

It will be great to actually hear a ballgame today. MLB radio is one of the best deals out there. Plus, we get our first taste of DJ and Farmio. :bandance:

JohnnyInnsbrook
02-25-2009, 10:24 AM
It will be great to actually hear a ballgame today. MLB radio is one of the best deals out there. Plus, we get our first taste of DJ and Farmio. :bandance:
If your a Sox Pride Club Member you get MLB radio for free!!!! It was one of the reasons I bought the membership.

MsSoxVixen22
02-25-2009, 11:11 AM

Woo hoo! My work day just got a helluva alot better! :D: Thanks for the info!

Rohan
02-25-2009, 11:15 AM
670 the score can be heard on itunes even if you're out of the chicago land area.
Correct?

JohnnyInnsbrook
02-25-2009, 12:52 PM
670 the score can be heard on itunes even if you're out of the chicago land area.
Correct?

It probably can be but you wont be able to listen to the game.

Huisj
02-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Didn't the internet feed of spring training games used to be available on 670's website? I seem to recall that at least in some recent spring, they didn't take the internet feed off the air during games until the regular season games started.

KRS1
02-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Does mlb gameday audio come with the MLBtv premium purchase? I'm thinking about the mlbtv premium for this month because I won't be able to get out to all the ST games I want to this year, but would only do it if it came with the gameday audio.

KenBerryGrab
02-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Correct?

To get any game broadcast out of market, you need MLB's GameDay Audio.

It's really a deal for what you get. I've been a happy customer for three years.

DirtySox
02-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Does mlb gameday audio come with the MLBtv premium purchase? I'm thinking about the mlbtv premium for this month because I won't be able to get out to all the ST games I want to this year, but would only do it if it came with the gameday audio.

Yes it does.

FedEx227
02-25-2009, 01:38 PM

I believe it does, let me check for you right now I just picked up the monthly MLBtv package. One second.

Yes it does. I just tried out listening to TB/Cin and yes it does.

roylestillman
02-25-2009, 01:44 PM
More importantly the Game Day Thread reopens today and another year of second guessing and whining commences!

LoveYourSuit
02-25-2009, 01:46 PM
More importantly the Game Day Thread reopens today and another year of second guessing and whining commences!

Ozzie is a dumbass and Walker should be fired.

GoGoCrede
02-25-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm not seeing the Sox game listed on MLB.tv, does it mean I'm not able to watch it? Anyone else see this? Is it because I'm out of the country? :whiner:

KRS1
02-25-2009, 01:48 PM
I believe it does, let me check for you right now I just picked up the monthly MLBtv package. One second.

Yes it does. I just tried out listening to TB/Cin and yes it does.

Thanks a ton. :gulp:

thedudeabides
02-25-2009, 01:54 PM

At least people can now start bitching about what is happening, instead of what they think is going to happen. :D:

DirtySox
02-25-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm not seeing the Sox game listed on MLB.tv, does it mean I'm not able to watch it? Anyone else see this? Is it because I'm out of the country? :whiner:

Not all White Sox games are televised, even on MLBTV.

Here is the schedule (http://www.southsidesox.com/2009/2/24/770269/white-sox-spring-training). You can listen to the audio feed though, which is what I will be doing.

GoGoCrede
02-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Not all White Sox games are televised, even on MLBTV.

Here is the schedule (http://www.southsidesox.com/2009/2/24/770269/white-sox-spring-training). You can listen to the audio feed though, which is what I will be doing.

Thanks; I should've read the fine print. :(: Oh well! Baseball's back!

DirtySox
02-25-2009, 01:58 PM
I should have as well, but there are still quite a few games that we can watch that normally wouldn't be broadcast in our area.

GoGoCrede
02-25-2009, 02:00 PM
I should have as well, but there are still quite a few games that we can watch that normally wouldn't be broadcast in our area.

I told my Twins fan friend she could watch the Twins game on my laptop when the Sox game was over (this was when I still thought I'd be able to see the Sox game). Of course, because they are playing Boston, she'll get to watch her game. :mad::tongue:

EnglishChiSox
02-25-2009, 02:04 PM
I told my Twins fan friend she could watch the Twins game on my laptop when the Sox game was over (this was when I still thought I'd be able to see the Sox game). Of course, because they are playing Boston, she'll get to watch her game. :mad::tongue:

Sometimes listening to it is better than watching it.... Once in a while.

Where are you? There are very rarely any blackout restrictions outside of continental America.... Including FOX National Broadcast windows etc.

GoGoCrede
02-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Sometimes listening to it is better than watching it.... Once in a while.

Where are you? There are very rarely any blackout restrictions outside of continental America....

I'm studying abroad in Rome.

02-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Gameday Audio is working for free right now. At least it is for me.

doublem23
02-25-2009, 02:48 PM

I think last year they had a free preview during ST but if you wanted it during the season, you gotta pay.

Rohan
02-25-2009, 02:52 PM

Yeah it's working for me...
But not for my friends... Weird.

doublem23
02-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah it's working for me...
But not for my friends... Weird.

Is it a technical problem?

I subscribed to MLB Audio last year, so I wonder if it's just a thank you to old subscribers?

ChiSoxGirl
02-25-2009, 08:40 PM

Listening to a ballgame today was SO therapeutic!

Sox game on the radio + :sunshine: + 55 degrees = One VERY HAPPY Jen!!!! :bandance:

Personally, I thought Farmer and DJ sounded great together. I'm glad about that because I listen to about 100 ballgames a year and it's good to know there's going to be a duo in the broadcast booth that's going to keep one another on task and in check.

CashMan
02-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Listening to a ballgame today was SO therapeutic!

Sox game on the radio + :sunshine: + 55 degrees = One VERY HAPPY Jen!!!! :bandance:

Personally, I thought Farmer and DJ sounded great together. I'm glad about that because I listen to about 100 ballgames a year and it's good to know there's going to be a duo in the broadcast booth that's going to keep one another on task and in check.

Sadly, I thought the game was at 1:05, so I turn it on at 1:30, and guess what I had to listen to until the game started.........Somebody say tool? I felt like hitting my head with a hammer, multiple times.

ChiSoxGirl
02-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Sadly, I thought the game was at 1:05, so I turn it on at 1:30, and guess what I had to listen to until the game started.........Somebody say tool? I felt like hitting my head with a hammer, multiple times.

Make sure it's a hammer from Rental Max. :wink: I put the radio on for background noise during my break from 1:20-1:50p and Murph was on... I turned it off and went to XM Radio online instead.

CashMan
02-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Make sure it's a hammer from Rental Max. :wink: I put the radio on for background noise during my break from 1:20-1:50p and Murph was on... I turned it off and went to XM Radio online instead.

I wish I could listen to XM, but it is only in my truck, and I refuse to buy another just to listen in the office. But I was eating some Brown's Chicken while listening.

ChiSoxGirl
02-25-2009, 08:59 PM
I wish I could listen to XM, but it is only in my truck, and I refuse to buy another just to listen in the office. But I was eating some Brown's Chicken while listening.

I didn't buy another one. You can listen online if you're an XM Radio customer- register on xmradio.com, log in with your e-mail address and password, and you're good to go. However, listening online for free is ending on March 11. After the 11th, you can listen online... but for a fee. :rolleyes: Just another way to extort money from the already paying customer.

Medford Bobby
02-26-2009, 11:04 AM
I didn't buy another one. You can listen online if you're an XM Radio customer- register on xmradio.com, log in with your e-mail address and password, and you're good to go. However, listening online for free is ending on March 11. After the 11th, you can listen online... but for a fee. :rolleyes: Just another way to extort money from the already paying customer.
Wow, They had the Sox game on-line, but not on the reciever?:scratch:

ChiSoxGirl
02-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Wow, They had the Sox game on-line, but not on the reciever?:scratch:

No. I signed in to XM Radio online on at 1:30p... before the game started just to listen to music.