PDA

View Full Version : Toby Hall

chisox123
02-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Toby Hall signed with the Astros on January 14 but yesterday had his contract voided by the club because he has to have surgery on his right shoulder. The Astros say that the White Sox should have to pay for the surgery because the injury happened when he was on the Sox in Spring Training.

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090222&content_id=3863234&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou

hi im skot
02-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Isn't this why players have to pass a physical when signing with a new team?

DumpJerry
02-22-2009, 12:53 PM
This is the same reason why the Brewers have to pay for Ben Sheets' surgery after he failed the physical when he came to terms with The Rangers.

soxinem1
02-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Obviously he never healed properly when he had the same issue here. He threw like crap for two years and had the history, why didn't they check him out first, even if it was only a minor league deal?

Actually this raises a question. Didn't the White Sox go through this with Mike Sirotka when he was sent to TOR? I remember they didn't have to replace him, but his arm surgery paid for by the White Sox, IIRC?:scratch:

TDog
02-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Obviously he never healed properly when he had the same issue here. He threw like crap for two years and had the history, why didn't they check him out first, even if it was only a minor league deal?

Actually this raises a question. Didn't the White Sox go through this with Mike Sirotka when he was sent to TOR? I remember they didn't have to replace him, but his arm surgery paid for by the White Sox, IIRC?:scratch:

Mike Sirotka was traded to the Blue Jays. Toby Hall was a free agent.

LITTLE NELL
02-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Toby Hall was a free agent. Let the buyer beware.

DumpJerry
02-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Tell that to the Twins.

LITTLE NELL
02-22-2009, 03:27 PM

Tell that to the Twins.
I wish Crede the best of luck but the Twins might have to learn the hard way.

oeo
02-22-2009, 03:28 PM
This is the same reason why the Brewers have to pay for Ben Sheets' surgery after he failed the physical when he came to terms with The Rangers.

He never signed with the Rangers, he's still a free agent. I think the Brewers would have to pay since he doesn't have a team.

As for Toby, he's the one who didn't want the surgery, I believe.

WhiteSox1989
02-22-2009, 10:45 PM
I saw that the yesterday morning.

I'll be honest and say I didn't even know he had signed with the Astros.