PDA

View Full Version : The "Little" Things

Lip Man 1
02-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Interesting comments by JR. Who knows, perhaps sometime in the next decade they'll actually get some guys who can bunt, hit and run, move runners along...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090219&content_id=3853584&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Lip

Craig Grebeck
02-20-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm glad JR isn't general manager.

thedudeabides
02-20-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm glad JR isn't general manager.

Why? Because, he wants the team to be more balanced and play better defense. :scratch:

dickallen15
02-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Why? Because, he wants the team to be more balanced and play better defense. :scratch:

They lost Cabrera who could run. They added Lillibridge maybe, Getz and/or Nix. Fields is a little faster than Crede but defensively not as good. If Owens plays CF he's faster than what they had but how many runs will his skill set manufacture? Everyone else appears to be the same. I don't see the huge speed increase.

Bob G
02-20-2009, 12:00 PM
I agree with JR's comments - I felt exactly the same way about the '08 team.

I just hope we can really do the things Ozzie is talking about. Working on some of the other basics such as executing run downs which we had problems with last year would also help.

thedudeabides
02-20-2009, 12:06 PM
They lost Cabrera who could run. They added Lillibridge maybe, Getz and/or Nix. Fields is a little faster than Crede but defensively not as good. If Owens plays CF he's faster than what they had but how many runs will his skill set manufacture? Everyone else appears to be the same. I don't see the huge speed increase.

I'm not saying it's necessarily here now. He was just saying in the future he wants a team that plays better defense and is more versatile. Basically, exactly what everyone on this board has been wanting. Let's hope it starts to materialize soon.

whitesox901
02-20-2009, 12:08 PM
I agree with JR's comments - I felt exactly the same way about the '08 team.

I just hope we can really do the things Ozzie is talking about. Working on some of the other basics such as executing run downs which we had problems with last year would also help.

I agree