PDA

View Full Version : If Frank Thomas Retires.....

kruzer31
02-19-2009, 11:20 PM
If Frank hangs them up maybe MLB could hire him as the head of a program that will bring steroid awareness to schools and kids across the country. He would be the perfect role model for kids since he already has been so advocate against steroids and just to do public appearances and really put the info out there what these drugs can do to your body. Let the kids know that you dont have to take them to have a Hall of Fame career. Maybe they could call the program S.A.F.E., Steroid Awareness For Everyone, or something else that is catchy like they have done with the R.B.I. program for inner city youths

JEFF

SOXfnNlansing
02-19-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't think MLB would ever do that with any 'former' player. Imagine if that player were to come out as being 'dirty'. That is alot of egg in MLB's face. I'm not saying anything about Big Frank; he's my favorite former Sox player.

Frankfan4life
02-20-2009, 03:27 AM
How about Frank as an analyst on CSN or MLB network? I think he'd make a great commentator.

SOXfnNlansing
02-20-2009, 11:40 AM
How about Frank as an analyst on CSN or MLB network? I think he'd make a great commentator.

I think Big Frank would be great in the booth or the set.

Marqhead
02-20-2009, 11:41 AM

He's been a pleasure to listen to on TBS during the playoffs. I'd like to see him somewhere that he could get more exposure.

Soxaredabest
02-20-2009, 12:40 PM

Could you imagine him and Hawk in the same booth, it would just be crazy!

soxinem1
02-20-2009, 10:33 PM

They should put him in Farmer's place.

Then we can stay tuned for the 'Frank N DJ Show'.

Frater Perdurabo
02-20-2009, 11:21 PM
They should put him in Farmer's place.

Then we can stay tuned for the 'Frank N DJ Show'.

Frank and DJ would be a disaster on the radio right now.

I don't care if Farmer or DJ does analysis (or both, for that matter; I think it's good to have insights on both pitching and hitting in the booth). You can get away with an ex-jock like Hawk in a TV PBP role, since the picture is available for all but the blind to see. But radio PBP is more challenging, which is why you need a true broadcaster to paint a picture with nothing but words. They had the best with Rooney, but that train has sailed. I'd be happy with a Dave Wills or Wayne Hagin calling PBP, with Farmer and/or DJ doing analysis.

As for Hurt, I think he should start by being paired with a true broadcaster to do pre-game and post-game TV.

SOXfnNlansing
02-21-2009, 12:15 AM
I'd rather see Big Frank in studio than Bill Melton. I like Beltin' Melton, but I like Big Frank better.

tick53
02-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Coming soon to Chicagoland...

:hurt

BIG FRANK'S
"BIG FRANKS"

"Hi Chicago, it's me the old Big Hurt, Frank Thomas
coming home again to open my new hot dog business,
Big Frank's "Big Franks"
During all my great years with the White Sox, I noticed one thing, Chicagoans love a good hot dog, so I
decided that rather than go into broadcasting or coaching, that I would come back and sell them.

Forget those scrawny Vienna or Kosher dogs that you've been eating for years, "Big Franks" are 50% longer and plumper than anything today and made with 100% American beef. "

Locations coming to:

BRIDGEPORT
HYDE PARK
SKOKIE
LOMBARD
THE LOOP
RIVERDALE
AND
BENSENVILLE

Mention my name and get 35 cents off your first Big Frank.

See you there........"The Hurt"

soxfanreggie
02-21-2009, 02:11 PM
I think you'll see him work on his commentary game and potentially be an in-studio host for some sort of show. He would be good for a "Legends" contract with the Sox to be an ambassador for the team.

Frankfan4life
02-22-2009, 01:40 AM
Coming soon to Chicagoland...

:hurt

BIG FRANK'S
"BIG FRANKS"

"Hi Chicago, it's me the old Big Hurt, Frank Thomas
coming home again to open my new hot dog business,
Big Frank's "Big Franks"
During all my great years with the White Sox, I noticed one thing, Chicagoans love a good hot dog, so I
decided that rather than go into broadcasting or coaching, that I would come back and sell them.

Forget those scrawny Vienna or Kosher dogs that you've been eating for years, "Big Franks" are 50% longer and plumper than anything today and made with 100% American beef. "

Locations coming to:

BRIDGEPORT
HYDE PARK
SKOKIE
LOMBARD
THE LOOP
RIVERDALE
AND
BENSENVILLE

Mention my name and get 35 cents off your first Big Frank.

See you there........"The Hurt"
Fixed it!
By the way, if I recall correctly, I believe Big Frank did commercials for Ball Park Franks.

SOXfnNlansing
02-22-2009, 10:09 AM
I think with MLB Network running live for 8 hours a night during the season, they can find a place for him on there if CSN can't use him.

russ99
02-22-2009, 10:36 AM
I'd think Ozzie would bring him in to the on-field staff before he's brought into the broadcast booth.

Maybe even (dare I say it) eventually as the hitting coach... He certainly has the resume and the players' respect.