PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Seats

Soxaredabest
02-19-2009, 04:38 PM
I've never had the opportunity to sit (or even see) lawn seats at a baseball game. I just want some advice, do you guys think they are a good place to catch a game? Do people bring some sort of chairs? How early should we get to the game? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Nellie_Fox
02-19-2009, 04:42 PM
What are you talking about? Lawn seats at what baseball game? They don't sell lawn seats at USCF. Little league? Kane County Cougars? What?

Some people might be able to answer your question if you give enough information.

Soxaredabest
02-19-2009, 04:43 PM
At a spring training game

AZChiSoxFan
02-19-2009, 04:50 PM
What are you talking about? Lawn seats at what baseball game? They don't sell lawn seats at USCF. Little league? Kane County Cougars? What?

Some people might be able to answer your question if you give enough information.

:rolleyes:

AZChiSoxFan
02-19-2009, 04:58 PM
I've never had the opportunity to sit (or even see) lawn seats at a baseball game. I just want some advice, do you guys think they are a good place to catch a game? Do people bring some sort of chairs? How early should we get to the game? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

It's fun to just lounge on the grass and relax. If you think you are really going to be "into" the game (not typical during ST), it's better to get regular seats. If you have young children, better to get the lawn seats. I've never seen anyone take actual lawn chairs (my guess is that they aren't allowed), but definitely take a blanket to sit on, some sunglasses and suntan lotion. As far as how early to get there, it depends on the day of the week and who is playing. Weekend games are usually very full and the teams in the Cactus league that draw the best are the scrubs, Giants and Angels. If you are going to a scrubs or Giants game on a weekend, I'd get there at least an hour early to get a decent seat on the grass. If it's the Padres and A's on a Tuesday, show up in the 3rd inning and you can seat wherever you want to.

rhill72
02-19-2009, 09:33 PM

Wow :rolleyes:. First of all welcome to WSI. You will find this site very informative about White Sox Baseball however sometimes you will have to deal with some arrogant responses. Anyway, although I havent been fortunate enough to go to spring training, I cant answer your question, but I am sure there are those here that can. Have a good time.

Rohan
02-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Wow :rolleyes:. First of all welcome to WSI. You will find this site very informative about White Sox Baseball however sometimes you will have to deal with some arrogant responses. Anyway, although I havent been fortunate enough to go to spring training, I cant answer your question, but I am sure there are those here that can. Have a good time.

Nellie didn't say anything that should be considered "arrogant". And the question was answered nearly 5 hours before you decided to give your impeccably informative response.
Let's not bash people if there's no reason.

ChiSoxGirl
02-19-2009, 09:57 PM

Last year, I spent part of my Spring Break in San Diego and then drove over to Scottsdale for a few days. I went to a Padres/Brewers game and though we had ticketed seats, I went and sat on the law for a few innings by myself just to experience it. Honestly, I was easily distracted and since I was at a Padres/Brewers game I didn't care. The only time I'd get lawn seats to a Sox game would be early on in Spring Training when a lot of the minor leaguers play. That's just me, though.

Bucky F. Dent
02-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Lawn seats at the Vic in Indy are some of the best seats in the house. Especially when you bring youngsters like I do. Whether you need a chair depends largely on the incline of the grassy area. If there is enough incline, as there is at the Vic, a blanket is sufficient.

Nellie_Fox
02-20-2009, 12:58 AM
Roll your eyes all you want. I honestly had no idea what he was asking about.

IlliniSox4Life
02-20-2009, 04:38 AM
Roll your eyes all you want. I honestly had no idea what he was asking about.

Same here.

Seating varries greatly from stadium to stadium. Since USCF doesn't have lawn seating, you couldn't just assume the poster was talking about that. I don't get why people thought you were being a jerk.

Whappeh
02-20-2009, 04:53 AM
I got some lawn seats for a Royals game in spring training. Excited to try it out, personally.

MarySwiss
02-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Although I bought the best seats I could for my first game at the new park in Glendale, I frequently get lawn seats. I like them because you get a chance to walk around the park, check out the concessions, and take in the game from various angles. I don't really take ST games very seriously, so I don't feel a need to pay very close attention. For me, it's more about fun in the sun and getting psyched up for the games that count.

RealFan
02-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Same here.

Seating varries greatly from stadium to stadium. Since USCF doesn't have lawn seating, you couldn't just assume the poster was talking about that. I don't get why people thought you were being a jerk.

I knew exactly what he was talking about (what else could it be but for a Spring Training Game) given what time of year we are in? If the question had been posed during the regular season, I could see Nellie's response as more appropriate. There are more polite ways to make your point if you don't know exactly what an OP is trying to say.

RealFan
02-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Nellie didn't say anything that should be considered "arrogant". And the question was answered nearly 5 hours before you decided to give your impeccably informative response.
Let's not bash people if there's no reason.

Nellie's response was arrogant. It is that type of attitude that causes people to lurk and not post. No one wants to be blasted for asking what appeared to be a very straightforward question. We should remember to mind our manners and I, for one, appreciate that there are posters here willing to defend the rights of others.

Soxaredabest
02-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Wow! thanks for all of your help guys! I'm going out there early spring training, like March 8 and 9 so I will defintely get lawn seats for one of the days! Maybe I'll try to talk my dad into getting better seats for the other game.

I do appreciate being defended but let's just be friends eh? We are all rooting for the same team! Go SOX!

Nellie_Fox
02-20-2009, 12:19 PM
I've never been to spring training. I didn't know they had lawn seats there. The only place I've ever seen them is at the Kane County Cougars.

Ergo, spring training did not cross my mind when I read the question.