View Full Version : Sox Need Colon!

mcreek
05-25-2002, 01:32 PM
I only want Borchard-Hummel and Honel.

voodoochile
05-25-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by mcreek

Okay, if you're going to post here, you better learn how to use teal...

(it's used to signify sarcasm)

Garrison
05-25-2002, 03:12 PM
Apparently the Sox are close to signing Bill Simas to a minor league contract. Simas seems like a real good guy who knows his baseball. I hope that we do sign him up and hang onto him. It can't hurt to have a more experienced pitcher in your system. A little bit of insurance for the bullpen, plus he can help out the younger guys. I'd even like to see him make it back to the majors if he earns a shot. He could always be better than Ginter who IMO isn't quite there yet. (However, not far off from being a decent reliever) Go for it Bill!

MattSharp
05-25-2002, 04:27 PM
I am confused, are you saying the Tribe would want Borchard, Hummel and Honel?

Jerry_Manuel
05-25-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
I am confused, are you saying the Tribe would want Borchard, Hummel and Honel?

Mcreek is an Jndjans fan. So why wouldn't he want the cream of the Sox system?

JoeBatters
05-25-2002, 04:31 PM

You're a funny guy!

Tragg
05-25-2002, 08:46 PM
Hadn't seen you in a long time, mcreek.

I'll pass on Colon - too expensive and too inconsistent.

chisoxfanatic
05-25-2002, 11:45 PM
All right! Which one of these Sox has a cancerous colon that needs replacement? :D:

Heather the Redbird

Pete_SSAC
05-25-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
All right! Which one of these Sox has a cancerous colon that needs replacement? :D:

Heather the Redbird

*blinks*

voodoochile
05-26-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

*blinks*

*shakes head and blinks again*

CerberusWG
05-26-2002, 12:03 AM
*convulses on the floor*

SOXSINCE'70
05-26-2002, 08:36 AM

Dream on,loser.

mcreek
05-26-2002, 01:03 PM
I may be a loser but Colon has a career record of 70-44 with a respectable 4.00 ERA, not to mention his sucess in the playoffs. Add Colon to Buerhle and you have a terrific 1-2 punch to go against the best in the AL! BTW hello to my old friends on the old Rivals board.

RedPinStripes
05-26-2002, 06:59 PM
I may be a loser but Colon has a career record of 70-44 with a respectable 4.00 ERA, not to mention his sucess in the playoffs. Add Colon to Buerhle and you have a terrific 1-2 punch to go against the best in the AL! BTW hello to my old friends on the old Rivals board.

Those late night burrito runs are going to make his era match his cholesterol.

LongDistanceFan
05-26-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Those late night burrito runs are going to make his era match his cholesterol. food...... food..... pls lets not talk about food............. i terribly miss the chi style food.......... those beef, mexican, greek................. man........ i hate all of you.......... now i am going to think all night of a nice hot home run inn pizza....... ugh.......

:(:

RedPinStripes
05-26-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
food...... food..... pls lets not talk about food............. i terribly miss the chi style food.......... those beef, mexican, greek................. man........ i hate all of you.......... now i am going to think all night of a nice hot home run inn pizza....... ugh.......

:(:

I can mail you a comiskey brat with lots of oinions. :)

LongDistanceFan
05-26-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

I can mail you a comiskey brat with lots of oinions. :)

i will even take that.............. they don't even have a hot dog stand here....... but thanks anyway :smile:

RedPinStripes
05-26-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan

i will even take that.............. they don't even have a hot dog stand here....... but thanks anyway :smile:

Ouch! Where you at?

Mathew
05-27-2002, 03:41 AM
Bone Chips Colon will be on the DL by July. :(:

Paulwny
05-27-2002, 03:43 PM

Hi Mceek,
I was at skydome yesterday, of course hoping for a tribe loss. I came away impressed with Colon. It appears he's learning to pace himself. According to the radar gun he was throwing harder in the 8th and 9th then when the game started.
I'd say, even though attendance may be down in Cleve; ~ 25% of the people at the game were tribe fans. I guess the ~ 5hr. trip isn't much of a hardship.
I also will pass on the trade.