PDA

View Full Version : Teacher's Night Coupons

Sad
02-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Arrived yesterday :bandance:

enough coupons for the entire group here at work...

this year's games were :
4/8 Kansas City
5/7 Detroit
9/8 Oakland

we're targeting May 7...

lizard6king6
02-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Received mine as well. However, werent they 75% off tickets the last couple years? Or at least tickets were cheaper? i rememvber paying $4 a ticket last year now the lowest is $10?

chisoxlove
02-18-2009, 03:32 PM
It's hilarious how they give us teachers these coupons, but choose games that are all DURING the school year. It's a generous program and all, but would a summer game (when there's no school the next day) be too much to ask?

D. TODD
02-18-2009, 04:39 PM
How do you get some to be sent to the school you work at?

chisoxfanatic
02-18-2009, 05:47 PM
How do you get some to be sent to the school you work at?
You just have to contact the Sox. At the school I used to teach at, they were sent to the varsity baseball coach.

ChiSoxGirl
02-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Received mine as well. However, werent they 75% off tickets the last couple years? Or at least tickets were cheaper? i rememvber paying $4 a ticket last year now the lowest is $10?

The tickets were 75% off and a lower box seat could be had for like $8.50.

It's hilarious how they give us teachers these coupons, but choose games that are all DURING the school year. It's a generous program and all, but would a summer game (when there's no school the next day) be too much to ask?

Agreed!

No coupons at my school yet, but my principal wasn't in today; maybe they came in today's mail. I'll be on the lookout for them, for sure! And since I work at a school in the northwest suburbs, those things aren't exactly a hot commodity, so I'll be snatching up more than just one or two. :redface:

The Big Squirt
02-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Haven't seen them at my school yet either

FarmerAndy
02-19-2009, 07:56 AM

Right on! This is absolutely ridiculous.

My brother is a teacher, White Sox fan, and lives west of Rockford. He always come out for at least one of the teacher discount games each year. When he saw these dates, he just laughed.

Unless a teacher lives in very close proximity to the city, how do you expect them to come out to a weeknight game in April or September???

D. TODD
02-19-2009, 01:34 PM
You just have to contact the Sox. At the school I used to teach at, they were sent to the varsity baseball coach.
Mine were in my school mail box today.:happyguy:

Frankfan4life
02-19-2009, 03:54 PM
I got mine too but I only got eight. This is far less than I used to get. I'll be handing these out very carefully.

lizard6king6
02-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Well the april 8th game is during Spring Break for all of my fellow CPS teachers!!

cbrownson13
02-19-2009, 07:16 PM
I get some every year and have never taught anything.

mrfourni
02-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Unless a teacher lives in very close proximity to the city, how do you expect them to come out to a weeknight game in April or September???

Teachers don't work past 2:30. That gives you 4:45 to get from school to the ballpark.

ChiSoxGirl
02-19-2009, 09:52 PM
My principal e-mailed us this morning that she got them, but we had to get them directly from her if we wanted any. Of course, I went right to her office after reading the e-mail and she told me that she's just handing out two coupons per teacher because last year she put them out on the faculty room table and they were all gone before everyone got a chance to take some. Yeah, I totally took more than two last year. :redface: Anyway, since I'm one of three Sox fans on staff, all I really have to do is ask one of my non-Sox fan friends to get a couple vouchers for themselves and then hand them over to me. :wink:

As bad as I initially thought the dates were, as it turns out, the April and May dates would work for me. April 8 is my last day of school before Spring Break, so I could leave school right away and have enough time to go home and change before heading down to the ballpark. As for the May 7 date, I just have an in-service the next morning, so I wouldn't have to wake up insanely early after either games.

sbsox
02-20-2009, 08:36 PM
We did get a day game last summer....Last years April game was a rainout and was made up with a day game during the summer. The tickets were a 75% discount last year.

chisoxlove
02-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Teachers don't work past 2:30. That gives you 4:45 to get from school to the ballpark.

Ha!! :cool:

...or we could just play a video all day. The kids won't even notice we're gone.

soxlady8
02-22-2009, 12:28 AM
I work two blocks from the park and our school got no TEACHER COUPONS. I am going to ask our gym teacher (and big big die hard fan ) to call down at US Cell to possibly get tickets !!

Oh btw -- my CPS school works until 2:45 !!

for those of you who think teaching is easy HA !!
inner city kids are NOT EASY to deal with (and try some of the parents who think their kids can do no wrong )-- and I hate the fact that I am stuck in room with 25 plus kids and get told when to eat lunch and when to use the washroom --

BUT -- summers off are great for cheering on the boys !!

Frankfan4life
02-23-2009, 02:23 PM
I work two blocks from the park and our school got no TEACHER COUPONS. I am going to ask our gym teacher (and big big die hard fan ) to call down at US Cell to possibly get tickets !!

Oh btw -- my CPS school works until 2:45 !!

for those of you who think teaching is easy HA !!
kids are NOT EASY to deal with (and try some of the parents who think their kids can do no wrong )-- and I hate the fact that I am stuck in room with 25 plus kids and get told when to eat lunch and when to use the washroom --

BUT -- summers off are great for cheering on the boys !!Fixed it!

TheCommander
02-23-2009, 05:51 PM
fixed it!

ut oh!