PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Shape Watch

Carolina Kenny
02-18-2009, 01:33 PM
It seems we have a bunch of players whose weight/Shape is an issue as their weight has been written up as an issue.

It would be interesting to hear comments from those in the know and on the scence this spring training. Are these guys lean and mean or do they still need to loose a few pounds?

Wilson Betemit
Bartolo Colon
Tyler Flowers
O. Dotel
Bobby Jenks
Dayan Viciendo

oeo
02-18-2009, 01:38 PM
It seems we have a bunch of players whose weight/Shape is an issue as their weight has been written up as an issue.

It would be interesting to hear comments from those in the know and on the scence this spring training. Are these guys lean and mean or do they still need to loose a few pounds?

Wilson Betemit
Bartolo Colon
Tyler Flowers
O. Dotel
Bobby Jenks
Dayan Viciendo

Wilson Betemit- haven't seen anything
Bartolo Colon- in better shape than Ozzie thought, but still not in good shape
Tyler Flowers- haven't seen anything
O. Dotel- lost 7 pounds
Bobby Jenks- assuming he's fine or else Ozzie would have said something by now
Dayan Viciedo- Viciedo reports, looking fit (http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/02/viciedo-reports-looks-sharp.html)

dickallen15
02-18-2009, 01:39 PM

Wilson Betemit
Bartolo Colon
Tyler Flowers
O. Dotel
Bobby Jenks
Dayan Viciendo

I've seen some news footage and can tell you Colon looks like he usually does. Jenks looks heavy but Ozzie doesn't care anymore, and Dotel supposedly lost a few pounds.

DaveFeelsRight
02-18-2009, 01:45 PM
heard nothing about betemit, colon supposedly lost some weight, haven't heard anything about flowers, dotel lost some weight, jenks is jenks and big v lost weight as well.

BainesHOF
02-18-2009, 01:47 PM
The team's average weight must have dropped 20 pounds now that Toby Hall and his pockets seemingly full of cheeseburgers are no longer with us.

Carolina Kenny
02-18-2009, 01:58 PM
heard nothing about betemit, colon supposedly lost some weight, haven't heard anything about flowers, dotel lost some weight, jenks is jenks and big v lost weight as well.

I had read that their were complaints about Betemit's shape in the past.
At one time this was the 1-2 top prospect in the Braves system. It would be great if his career was to take off in a Sox uniform after being a disappointment with the Braves, Dodgers and Yankees.

Marqhead
02-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Round is a shape.

(Someone had to do it)

Rohan
02-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Like Ozzie said in his interview with with Score yesterday- Bartolo Colon weighed around 350 Lb's when he won the cy young. "He's not a model, when you're a model you have to be careful. He's not a jocky. I mean, Colon's like that, he's always going to be like that..."

hawkjt
02-18-2009, 03:13 PM
cept that Ozzie said it ''he's not a yaakie'':D:

Sounds like Dayan has lost two inches and is now listed at 5'11''...but sounds to be in good shape.

VeeckAsInWreck
02-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Not trying to be funny, but from this thread's title I honestly thought this thread was about a watch the Sox were selling on their website.

Chez
02-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Not trying to be funny, but from this thread's title I honestly thought this thread was about a watch the Sox were selling on their website.

Me too!