PDA

View Full Version : Parque receives high praise after solid performance

Jerry_Manuel
05-25-2002, 01:33 PM
Parque (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=1&id=965)

"He threw like a big-leaguer today," Mud Hens manager Bruce Fields told the Toledo Blade. "He pitched inside better today. He worked ahead, and he elevated balls in the strike zone that he got guys to chase."

mack10zie
05-25-2002, 01:36 PM
Any news on the speed of his "fast"ball?

Jerry_Manuel
05-25-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by mack10zie
Any news on the speed of his "fast"ball?

Not mentioned in the article. However, Williams had this to say:

Parque still hasn't regained his fastball, but White Sox general manager Kenny Williams doesn't think that's a necessity.

"You cannot just ignore what he has been and what he has done in the past," Williams said. "You have to remain patient and optimistic with him.

"Let's assume the velocity never comes back," he added. "You still cannot rule out a left-handed pitcher in this league. There are some things he'll be able to do once he learns how to do them."

WinningUgly!
05-25-2002, 02:52 PM
Let's assume the velocity never comes back," he added. "You still cannot rule out a left-handed pitcher in this league.

:embree
"That's for sure. Nobody said anything about being left-handed and good!"

danman31
05-25-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
"That's for sure. Nobody said anything about being left-handed and good!" Embree's 2002 stats: 16ip, 14h, 3er, 5bb, 18k, 3-2, 4 holds, 1.69era.

"Nardi was holding me back."

Garrison
05-25-2002, 04:29 PM
It might be wise not to totally write Parque off. I was mad as anyone at him for his pathetic performance for our team and his perpetual b****ing, but he seems to have settled down and I believe his last outing before this in AAA was good also. He is 2-5 at Charlotte with two wins in a row. Perhaps he's hit rock bottom and is bouncing back? He certainly can't get any worse than he started the season. He can only get better. I wouldn't like to see him back up here any time soon though. No way! Also according to the article Dellaero threw a 1-2-3 inning of relief inclduing three strikeouts and pitches at 90+ mph. Sounds good to me. If only we could get him to stop trying to be a shortstop. He's 3-26 hitting or something like that. Just give up and pitch kid!

CubKilla
05-25-2002, 04:52 PM
Delaerro is 3 for 26?

:hitless

"Those sound like All-Star caliber numbers to me. He's ready for the 'Big Show.'"

KruseControl04
05-25-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Garrison
It might be wise not to totally write Parque off. I was mad as anyone at him for his pathetic performance for our team and his perpetual b****ing, but he seems to have settled down and I believe his last outing before this in AAA was good also. He is 2-5 at Charlotte with two wins in a row. Perhaps he's hit rock bottom and is bouncing back? He certainly can't get any worse than he started the season. He can only get better. I wouldn't like to see him back up here any time soon though. No way! Also according to the article Dellaero threw a 1-2-3 inning of relief inclduing three strikeouts and pitches at 90+ mph. Sounds good to me. If only we could get him to stop trying to be a shortstop. He's 3-26 hitting or something like that. Just give up and pitch kid!

I disagree, I think it is time to totally write Parque off. I'm tired of his whining and complaining. Let's see if we can trade him to the Cubs for Prior.