PDA

View Full Version : Fight at the Pirates' Game

FanOf14
05-25-2002, 11:59 AM
On SportsCenter last night they showed the pitcher yelling at the shortstop after the SS let the ball through. After he was pulled and the inning ended, the two of them were still going at it! I remember someone posting about the Tiggers' Weaver yelling at either the second baseman or SS, what's up with that? Is that due to egos or a lack of leadership or maybe both? It's one thing to see two teams brawl (ala Sox V Tigers in '00), but the team fighting amongst themselves shows signs of serious issues. Anyways..

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!

cheeses_h_rice
05-25-2002, 12:35 PM
I saw that on Sportscenter. With a 5-run lead in the 9th, you figure the pitcher would be less uptight than that. And it wasn't even like it was a simple grounder the SS missed.

Reminded me of yesterday's Dan McNeil/Harry Teinowitz blowup on WMVP around 5:30. Did anyone else hear Dan McNeil insult Harry, saying he had no journalistic credibility? He kept turning off Harry's mike, too, when Harry was trying to respond; really bush league of Danny Mac, I thought.

Randar68
05-25-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
really bush league of Danny Mac

You expected anything less? It's his trademark.

Viva Magglio
05-25-2002, 01:27 PM
Reminded me of yesterday's Dan McNeil/Harry Teinowitz blowup on WMVP around 5:30. Did anyone else hear Dan McNeil insult Harry, saying he had no journalistic credibility? He kept turning off Harry's mike, too, when Harry was trying to respond; really bush league of Danny Mac, I thought.

Could another suspension for DM be on the way?

MarqSox
05-25-2002, 02:10 PM

Good, I hope they cancel that stupid show. Bring back Huge!

As for the dugout fight, who knows what the real story was. Maybe somebody was sleeping with someone's wife or somebody showed up to the game drunk or something like that. Chances are there was more to it than just an error on that play.

RedPinStripes
05-25-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Good, I hope they cancel that stupid show. Bring back Huge!

Anyone who don't have enough sense to keep their mouth shut and head down as someone in bridgeport at 2am is getting their ass beat has no buisiness in chicago. Then he goes on to bash the whole area.

That's not the only reason. I thought he was worse then McNeil.

doublem23
05-25-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Anyone who don't have enough sense to keep their mouth shut and head down as someone in bridgeport at 2am is getting their ass beat has no buisiness in chicago. Then he goes on to bash the whole area.

Exactly.

Face it, Sox fans... When it comes to intelligent sports talk in the Chicago area, its very slim pickings.

kevingrt
05-25-2002, 05:06 PM
Face it, Sox fans... When it comes to intelligent sports talk in the Chicago area, its very slim pickings.

Perfectly stated. The only one that knows anything is J. Hood. And some people don't probably agree with me. Well then again Murph and Fred are pretty good at there sports talk.

MarqSox
05-25-2002, 06:38 PM

Anyone who don't have enough sense to keep their mouth shut and head down as someone in bridgeport at 2am is getting their ass beat has no buisiness in chicago.

If the locals are that thin-skinned, then maybe Bridgeport deserves the reputation as a "bad" part of town. I'd like to think otherwise, but if that's how it is, then why knock those who call the area unsafe.

CLR01
05-25-2002, 06:53 PM

Yeah, what the hell, why try to help the poor guy getting his ass beat. I'm sure the locals had a very good reason to do it, he probably walked on the grass or something. What Bill S. should have done is walked over and got a few kicks in himself, and then bought the guys a round of beer. Its late at night who would have known.

I believe he went on the bash the kids who did it and the local police for sitting on their hands.

LongDistanceFan
05-25-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
On SportsCenter last night they showed the pitcher yelling at the shortstop after the SS let the ball through. After he was pulled and the inning ended, the two of them were still going at it! I remember someone posting about the Tiggers' Weaver yelling at either the second baseman or SS, what's up with that? Is that due to egos or a lack of leadership or maybe both? It's one thing to see two teams brawl (ala Sox V Tigers in '00), but the team fighting amongst themselves shows signs of serious issues. Anyways..

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!! maybe it was bad chemistry oh i forgot, didn't we cover this before