PDA

View Full Version : Addison N. Clark

SoxGirl4Life
02-13-2009, 10:19 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-talk-cubs-babyfeb14,0,33717.story

:kukoo:

sunofgold
02-13-2009, 10:32 PM
That's a sad story. The mother definitely isn't a White Sox fan. Otherwise, she would never go through with that. And she is wearing a Cubs sweater.

Addison? That sounds more like a guy's name. Would maybe make more sense if he had a son, not a daughter. She is going to hate her father. hahaha!

SoxSpeed22
02-13-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm sure that she'll fit in well with all of the kids named 'Espn.'

DSpivack
02-13-2009, 10:42 PM
That's a sad story. The mother definitely isn't a White Sox fan. Otherwise, she would never go through with that. And she is wearing a Cubs sweater.

Addison? That sounds more like a guy's name. Would maybe make more sense if he had a son, not a daughter. She is going to hate her father. hahaha!

My young cousin [female] is named Addison; although her father is a big Cubs fan.

RadioheadRocks
02-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Printing "KICK ME" signs as we speak.

Martinigirl
02-13-2009, 11:14 PM

Or Bristol, for Bristol CT.

thomas35forever
02-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Someone call DCFS. That picture makes me sick.

Jpgr91
02-14-2009, 12:53 AM
I think all of that spray tan got to the moms head. I mean seriously, why would you name your kid after something that has not been sucessful for over 100 years? Morons.

Dick Allen
02-14-2009, 01:04 AM
That family would make the Addams Family look normal. Losers.

4 points
02-14-2009, 02:08 AM

Try reading the story, she was raised in a Sox family, says nothing about her being a Sox fan. I agree that this is actually kind of clever.:bandance:

RadioheadRocks
02-14-2009, 04:58 AM
And just like when PGA golfer David Ogrin named his son Clark Addison this sort of thing is somehow deemed "newsworthy". :rolleyes:

WSox597
02-14-2009, 05:58 AM
Aw, the poor kid. To have that albatross hanging around your whole life.

I wonder if they'll win in HER lifetime?

Probably not. By the time she retires they'll be up around 170 years without a win.

And the nightmares, going to sleep with a cubs mobile over your head. <shiver>

Hitmen77
02-14-2009, 09:45 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:screwloose:
Typical Cub fan crap. This is why I hate the Cubs - their fans are so full of themselves. What other fan base names their kids after their ballpark and streets? That's not 'fan devotion', that's just stupid.

The good news for poor little Addison is that in 25 years or so she can get married and dump her Cubbie cutesy-poo name.

Hendu
02-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Must be a slow news day over at the Trib. :scratch:

02-14-2009, 10:16 AM

My daughter is named Adyson. "Ady" for short. We "may" have chosen this spelling for specific reasons.

I don't see how Adyson or Addison sounds like a boys name?

siugrad25
02-14-2009, 10:25 AM
As a fellow Plainfield resident, I am very embarrassed. :mad:

CubKilla
02-14-2009, 10:33 AM
What a douche but it is definitely an easy way to get the Cub-loving media to freely report on the birth of your little brat. Let's see, we've seen report on Wrigley Field's and Addison N. Clark but I'm sure there will be many more to come and I'm probably forgetting more than a few.

Hitmen77
02-14-2009, 10:39 AM
My daughter is named Adyson. "Ady" for short. We "may" have chosen this spelling for specific reasons.

I don't see how Adyson or Addison sounds like a boys name?

I was a boys name (albeit an uncommon one) long before it spiked as a trendy girls name in recent years thanks to a popular TV character.

http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager#prefix=ADDISON&ms=false&sw=f&exact=false

02-14-2009, 10:42 AM
I was a boys name (albeit an uncommon one) long before it spiked as a trendy girls name in the last 10 or 15 years.

http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager#prefix=ADDISON&ms=false&sw=f&exact=false

I see! babynamewizard.com who would have ever guessed! :tongue:

Hitmen77
02-14-2009, 10:45 AM
I see! babynamewizard.com who would have ever guessed! :tongue:

It's a pretty cool site. Very interesting to plug in the names and see the trends graphed over time.

I think I actually found it thanks to someone posting it on WSI maybe about a year ago.

MarySwiss
02-14-2009, 11:19 AM
The best part of that article is the last line. :cool:

And I believe my friend Spawn lives in Plainfield. This'll probably make hiim want to move!!

cws05champ
02-14-2009, 11:36 AM
That's funny, I have always said it's at Clark n Addison...not the other way around. I guess she'll be another confused Cubs fan.

I have to admit that it's a nice name and if this story was not in the paper(which it shouldn't be) I would not have even made the correlation.

DSpivack
02-14-2009, 11:37 AM
That's funny, I have always said it's at Clark n Addison...not the other way around. I guess she'll be another confused Cubs fan.

I have to admit that it's a nice name and if this story was not in the paper(which it shouldn't be) I would not have even made the correlation.

I'll have to change my last name to Shields [or that could be the middle name, I suppose], so my first born is 35th. Not sure if that's a boys or girls name, though.

whitesox901
02-14-2009, 12:23 PM
That family would make the Addams Family look normal. Losers.

:D:

good one

DumpJerry
02-14-2009, 12:33 PM
The good news is that when she turns 18 years old, she does not need her parents' consent to legally change her name.

Welcome Ozzie Guillen Clark!

pearso66
02-14-2009, 01:44 PM
I'll have to change my last name to Shields [or that could be the middle name, I suppose], so my first born is 35th. Not sure if that's a boys or girls name, though.

Someone beat me to it. Just as long as you don't steal Seven from me :).

LITTLE NELL
02-14-2009, 02:04 PM
And just like when PGA golfer David Ogrin named his son Clark Addison this sort of thing is somehow deemed "newsworthy". :rolleyes:

He's so worried about the Cubs that he forgot how to make cuts and money on the PGA tour, 504 events---2.8 million, that averages out to a whopping 5,555.00 per event. Phil Mickelson gives that out in tips in a month or so.

cws05champ
02-14-2009, 02:18 PM
He's so worried about the Cubs that he forgot how to make cuts and money on the PGA tour, 504 events---2.8 million, that averages out to a whopping 5,555.00 per event. Phil Mickelson gives that out in tips in a month or so.

I would play golf for $5,500 per event!! What a poor sap...he has to get by on 2.8 Mil for playing a game.

LITTLE NELL
02-14-2009, 02:39 PM
I would play golf for $5,500 per event!! What a poor sap...he has to get by on 2.8 Mil for playing a game.
That 2.8 mil is for his career, after expenses, taxes, etc its not that much. PGA tour members get some perks but unlike the major team sports they pay for hotels, traveling and food.

hi im skot
02-14-2009, 03:15 PM
This is the year!

C-Dawg
02-14-2009, 04:37 PM
That article contains what just may be the very first of the "This is the year!" references we see all season long!

soxpride724
02-14-2009, 05:44 PM
As a fellow Plainfield resident, I am very embarrassed. :mad:

This family fits in with most of Plainfield, and you know what I'm talking about.

ChiSoxFan81
02-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Believe it or not, one of my friends is getting married to the cousin of Wrigley Fields (the kid from Joliet). :rolleyes:

MarySwiss
02-14-2009, 08:40 PM

Funny you should bring this up. I was saying to MrMarySwiss that you never see Sox fans name their kids Thirty-Fifth N. Shields. Or Comisk E. Park. Or U.S. Cell.

And how do you suppose the Trib caught wind (heh-heh!) of this story in the first place?

sunofgold
02-14-2009, 09:38 PM
He should have named her Addison Sheffield Waveland Clark. What was he thinking. ahahaha!

This is what comes next. She becomes the first female MLB baseball player for the St. Louis Cardinals.

WhiteSoxOnly
02-14-2009, 11:35 PM
This is the year!

What happened last year ? i can't find any cub world series
champions stuff anywhere and no Sports Illustrated books
or dvd sets either...:scratch:

cws05champ
02-15-2009, 06:48 AM
He should have named her Addison Sheffield Waveland Clark. What was he thinking. ahahaha!

This is what comes next. She becomes the first female MLB baseball player for the St. Louis Cardinals.

I think it should have been Murphys Bleacher Clark...the place where they got wasted and the reason she was knocked up in the first place.

SOXPHILE
02-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Wow. Another story about some jackass who named their dog or kid after something Cub related. How Many times have we seen these stories ? And they get reported in the media ?! I refer back to a post I made last March, on some other story that the national media ran with, about some guy who claimed he could commune with long dead Cub players. Of course they told him 2008 was the year:

<Any major media outlet to their employees> : "Don't forget, any story or angle that has anything to do with the Cubs, no matter how weird, stupid, odd, obscure or just downright dumb, RUN WITH IT ! Guy thinks he can talk to long dead Cubs ? Get on it ! Old lady in Park Ridge takes out her dentures and rubs them for good luck whenever Aramis Ramirez comes to bat; a sweatstain on (his holiness) Kerry Wood's warm up jersey looks like the Virgin Mary; a billy goat in Woodstock wears a custom made Cubs hat, likes to eat peanuts from Wrigley Field, and craps out shapes that look remarkably like Ron Santo and Jim Belushi ? GET THE STORY ! It's 2008 ! This is the year ! They're going to break 'the curse', Believe, Go Cubs Go, It's Their Turn, etc."

I forgot to add that they MUST report on people naming their kids or pets Clark, Addison, or Wrigley. Because it's SO original, an NEVER been done before.
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/misc/progress.gif

TaylorStSox
02-15-2009, 04:57 PM
A friend of mine did the same exact thing a couple years ago. Looks like he beat these 2 to the punch.

Frontman
02-15-2009, 05:23 PM
At least Addison is an actual first name for a girl (or boy, mostly boys, but I digress...) versus naming the kid "Espn" or Wrigley.

No harm in my opinion.

C-Dawg
02-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Wow. Another story about some jackass who named their dog or kid after something Cub related. How Many times have we seen these stories ? And they get reported in the media ?!

The story I want to see is a follow-up to the little kid interviewed on Channel 7 either right before or during the Cubs' 2003 postseason. The kid was, maybe, twelve, and the story was that the kid had "analyzed" the pitching staff, defense and batting order of the Cubs and reasoned that the Cubs would for sure make it to and win the 2003 World Series. The Cubs were just SO dominant over the other 7 teams in the postseason, or so the kid concluded.

Man, if I was the Channel 7 news director, I'd have had Frank Mathie camped out at that kid's doorstep after school the very next day after their 2003 choke was complete, just to ask - "Hey kid what happened?" But no, fluff pieces are never that biting.

dcb56
02-20-2009, 09:38 PM
My kid shall be named Wentworth Shields XXXV.

Heffalump
02-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Very cute baby girl......too bad about her Dad though. Maybe there was a milkman or UPS guy involved?

tebman
02-23-2009, 08:32 AM

:rolling:

Rohan
02-23-2009, 08:33 AM

:)

RadioheadRocks
02-23-2009, 08:01 PM

I like it... and unlike "Clark Addison", "Addison Clark", etc., at least some thought goes into that! :thumbsup:

cub killer
02-28-2009, 07:16 PM
That idiot isn't the first person I've seen say "this is the year" about 2009. I already had to deal with a bunch of morons who have been saying that since Sorryano's strikeout to end 2008 for the flubs.

And the nerve of them to do that in a south suburb, Plainfield :angry:

Anyone who has kids out there, make sure they become friends with Addison and make her a die-hard Sox fan.

And make fun of her dad if you ever see him. 101