View Full Version : Dave Baum predicts 5 Sox All Stars

Viva Magglio
05-25-2002, 09:36 AM
:walnuts:maggs:burly:lofton:keith

:hitless
What about me???

danman31
05-25-2002, 10:48 AM
No way Foulke is an all-star. He hasn't had enough save opps. As for the other 4, there is a shot that they get in. No guarantees though.

KempersRS
05-25-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
:walnuts:maggs:burly:lofton:keith

:hitless
What about me???

Foulke doesn't deserve it. Lofton is very borderline, but I don't think he'd be in the mix. The first 3 on the list are very deserving though.

RedPinStripes
05-25-2002, 11:04 AM
Lofton should be there. Everyone should be there accept Foulke.

We know Joe Tori will only play the players from the yanks and the players he wants to come to NY. Plan on seeing Maggs getting a lot of PT again. Since tori will have his whole staff on hte team, i doubt we'll see much of Mark.

KruseControl04
05-25-2002, 11:38 AM
I highly doubt the Foulke is going to be an allstar. But we'll see.

Garrison
05-25-2002, 11:53 AM
I don't think Foulke will be an all star. He hasn't had enough save opportunities. Paulie and Maggs had better be all stars! They're awesome. Mark is deserving, but everyone is like "Buehrle who? what?" K-Lo is an all star in my book, but he's more of a toss-up. Whoever said that about Joe Tori is right. He'll only play the Yankee players and other people he wants to sign up.

Procol Harum
05-25-2002, 11:59 AM
Maggs, Konerko, and Buehrle should make it--Foulke hasn't had enough saves; Lofton has cooled down considerably during the month of May and is having "only" a good year at this point. I'm hoping he can pick it up a little bit actually, at his current trajectory he's going to end up well under .300.

Jerry_Manuel
05-25-2002, 12:41 PM
I don't think Lofton will make it either. Cameron will be on the team and I'm guessing Torii Hunter from Minnesota will also be on over Lofton.

WinningUgly!
05-25-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I don't think Lofton will make it either. Cameron will be on the team and I'm guessing Torii Hunter from Minnesota will also be on over Lofton.

Lofton is just as deserving as Cameron or Hunter. He leads the AL in Runs & Stolen bases & is also among the league leaders in ave, hits & OBP. Guess that doesn't mean he'll make the team, though. Foulke could start getting saves in bunches. He has to at some point, who knows.

Jerry_Manuel
05-25-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Lofton is just as deserving as Cameron or Hunter. He leads the AL in Runs & Stolen bases & is also among the league leaders in ave, hits & OBP. Guess that doesn't mean he'll make the team, though. Foulke could start getting saves in bunches. He has to at some point, who knows.

True, but I'm guessing Cameron will be voted as the starter, and I think Torre will take Hunter. I'd love to see Kenny make the team.

MarqSox
05-25-2002, 02:07 PM
It would be quite ironic if Foulke made it... he's been blatantly snubbed the last two years, it would figure he would finally make it in an off year.

GASHWOUND
05-25-2002, 04:09 PM

True, but I'm guessing Cameron will be voted as the starter, and I think Torre will take Hunter. I'd love to see Kenny make the team.

I agree, am and hunter are prob ahead of Kenny at this time, unless Lofton keeps up his pace which is possible. But I think the only ball player Torre knows from the whitesox is maggs, so lets hope he does take Pauly. And I don't see any reason why Buerle wouldn't make it, so I'm not to worried about him not making it.

MattSharp
05-25-2002, 04:17 PM
Lofton will NOT be an All-Star. Obviously a lot of it has to do with who is voted in. I think Ichiro will make it either way. Manny Ramirez will likely make it despite being hurt. Torii Hunter will be on it, if nothing other than having to have one Twins player. Mags is also in. That makes 4. Cameron may get voted in, in which case thats 5. Garrett Anderson may make it as the only Angel. But Johnny Damon is more deservering than him or Lofton, and of course you have the Torre-factor meaing Bernie Williams could be in.

Mags and Buehrle are locks. There is no excuse not to have Konerko, although it depends who gets voted the starter. Carlos Delgado is very deserving and Jason Giambi and Jim Thome both have shots. I would also guarantee that Mike Sweeney is the only Royal selected which could leave Konerko snubbed big time.

Foulke doesn't really have a shot. Mariano Rivera and Eddie Guardado should be locks and Ugueth Urbina is right there too, and the fact taht Sasaki in Seattle hasn't given up and ER in 18 innings pretty much leaves Foulke SOL..........

Jerry_Manuel
05-25-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Garrett Anderson may make it as the only Angel.

If Troy Glaus doesn't make it, something is wrong.

MattSharp
05-25-2002, 04:26 PM

If Troy Glaus doesn't make it, something is wrong.

Touche......

Scratch Anderson off the list. My bad............ :gulp: