PDA

View Full Version : Attending spring training workouts

AZChiSoxFan
02-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Has anyone hear ever attended any of the ST workouts? I'm not talking about games, but just the daily workouts that will take place starting this coming Sun or Mon? If so, does anyone know the time of day that those usually take place? Is there a schedule anywhere?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

MarySwiss
02-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Has anyone hear ever attended any of the ST workouts? I'm not talking about games, but just the daily workouts that will take place starting this coming Sun or Mon? If so, does anyone know the time of day that those usually take place? Is there a schedule anywhere?

When they were in Tucson, I always went to the final Saturday workout before the first game. All the players were in by then, they were usually very relaxed, and there were not more than 100 or so fans there, so it was a lot of fun, plus it was easy to get autographs, etc. Of course, now that it's up here, I'm not sure the same conditions apply. If I were you, I'd call over there.

cws05champ
02-14-2009, 11:47 AM

You probably don't want to go the first couple days of pitchers/catchers. They are not doing much at that time...short workouts, some meetings but mostly on backfields that are not accessible by fans. I would wait until after all players report if I were you.

AZChiSoxFan
02-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the tips.