PDA

View Full Version : Here's What I'd Like to Hear (but I am not holding my breath)

StillMissOzzie
02-13-2009, 02:03 AM
Just once, I would like to hear a real, sincere, heartfelt apology from one of the lying, cheating, PED-using sons of bitches BEFORE they get outed.
Something along the lines of, "Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. As you are all no doubt aware, there is a list of 104 names of MLB ballplayers that tested positive for steroids back in 2003. I figure that sooner or later, this list will be released or leaked to the public. When it does, my name will be on it. I want to apologize for my pathetic lack of judgement in attempting to improve my earning power by [increasing my slugging power, recover from injury, make my next start without any arm trouble - take your pick here] by the use of steroids."

* crickets *

Like I said, I am not holding my breath.

SMO
:(::angry:

areilly
02-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Just once, I would like to hear a real, sincere, heartfelt apology from one of the lying, cheating, PED-using sons of bitches BEFORE they get outed.

You don't know that every one of those guys lied. Rodriguez certainly did, but unless every single one of those other 103 players made explicit statements saying they never took PEDs, you can't label them as liars. Most of them (wisely) probably never said anything because most people (understandably) never asked them. Jason Grimsley? Carlos Almanzar? Jack Cust?

voodoochile
02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
It maybe that the union is telling them not to. Solidarity and the fact that the tests were supposed to be secret are strong motivators not to speak out of turn. For all we know there is a lawsuit in the works to cease and desist disseminating the names of the players because of the CBA.

Like it or not the Feds really weren't supposed to leak ARod's name. I imagine the MLBPA is actively seeking a gag order on the other 103 names if they haven't already. Wouldn't want to be the person who violated said gag order either.

khan
02-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Like it or not the Feds really weren't supposed to leak ARod's name. I imagine the MLBPA is actively seeking a gag order on the other 103 names if they haven't already. Wouldn't want to be the person who violated said gag order either.

Do we know for sure that it was the Feds who leaked A-Rod's name? [I honestly don't know who/what was the source of the leak.]

But anyway, if I had to bet on the Feds or the MLBPA in court, I'd put my money on the Feds. The Feds are/were not bound by any confidentiality agreement. Only MLB, the MLBPA, and the lab companies are/were bound by a confidentiality agreement. So the MLBPA can try to sue or ask for a gag order against the Feds, but I'd doubt that it would be fruitful for them.

EnglishChiSox
02-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Do we know for sure that it was the Feds who leaked A-Rod's name? [I honestly don't know who/what was the source of the leak.]

But anyway, if I had to bet on the Feds or the MLBPA in court, I'd put my money on the Feds. The Feds are/were not bound by any confidentiality agreement. Only MLB, the MLBPA, and the lab companies are/were bound by a confidentiality agreement. So the MLBPA can try to sue or ask for a gag order against the Feds, but I'd doubt that it would be fruitful for them.

I was listening to ESPN Radio this morning and they said someone on a TV show who was involved in the reporting said 4 teammates/ex teammates outed A-Rod to SI. :?:

InKennyWeTrust
02-13-2009, 10:48 AM
I thought they didn't know if they tested positive or not.

voodoochile
02-13-2009, 10:55 AM

Could do it on behalf of the players claiming it gains nothing yet costs everything to the players who get named. Look at the job offers for ShamME* and Bonds for example and tell me the loss of income isn't due to the steroids controversy. While I am personally happy to see those results, the court might side with the players unless a court case is forth coming.

Interesting about the players outing ARod. I would be surprised by that; ballplayers tend to stick together and the higher the contract they sign the better it is for all of them. Maybe ARod truly is AFraud to his peers...

WhiteSoxJunkie
02-15-2009, 09:45 PM
I thought they didn't know if they tested positive or not.

ARod didn't know until 2 weeks ago when the SI reporter approached him and told him. I guess the same goes for the others.

StillMissOzzie
02-16-2009, 12:58 AM
ARod didn't know until 2 weeks ago when the SI reporter approached him and told him. I guess the same goes for the others.

My understanding is that those who tested positive were informed so back in 2003. If that is the case, then A-Roid is a liar as well as a cheater.

SMO
:gulp: