PDA

View Full Version : Mark buerhle to start opening day

wsf4l
02-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Dont know how reliable the site is so take it for what it's worth...

http://whitesoxwire.com

areilly
02-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Rumor or not, I don't see any way it would be either of the Sox' other two pitchers.

Rdy2PlayBall
02-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Cool, I'm gana be there, just got my tickets today! :D: Is Obama going to throw off the first pitch? :?:

LITTLE NELL
02-12-2009, 08:22 PM
OK by me.

all*star quentin
02-12-2009, 08:26 PM
w

It's Dankerific
02-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Rumor or not, I don't see any way it would be either of the Sox' other two pitchers.

Lets not count out Marquez yet!

Marqhead
02-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Lets not count out Marquez yet!

You sure you don't want BA to start?

thomas35forever
02-12-2009, 09:27 PM
You mean this guy?
http://sports.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0325/pg2_ap_anderson1_300.jpg

Really though, this decision is no surprise.

whitesox901
02-12-2009, 09:49 PM
I can hear it now

Hawk: "And the Sox take the opener here in 09 12-1"

MCHSoxFan
02-12-2009, 10:28 PM
I can hear it now

Hawk: "And the Sox take the opener here in 09 12-1"

Thats nuts because I was thinking earlier 11-0!!!

oeo
02-12-2009, 10:33 PM
H before R...

soxinem1
02-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Especially since Vazquez will not open any season opener, series opener, or playoff opener anymore for us, I couldn't be more pleased!!

To the dean of the starting staff goes the honors.

Rocky Soprano
02-12-2009, 10:48 PM
w
:gah:

We are NOT the Cubs!

Madscout
02-13-2009, 09:03 AM

We are NOT the Cubs!
Your right, we can put that up there and have it happen.

beasly213
02-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Win. :bandance:

Too bad I'll be missing my first opening day in like 7 years. :whiner:

Rohan
02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Your right, we can put that up there and have it happen.

Or we can not be lazy like our north side opponents and spell out the word. Win. There's a reason they're all unemployed.

I think we were all pretty certain that mark would be starting.

chisoxfanatic
02-13-2009, 03:40 PM
BA starting is a given. :wink:

Hopefully it's a nice day out for the opener.

Jim Shorts
02-13-2009, 04:13 PM

We are NOT the Cubs!

I think was the RINGS that gave it away...:cool:

MISoxfan
02-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Good, it should have been him in '07 too.

Britt Burns
02-14-2009, 08:14 PM
In other news, the sun will be rising in the east tomorrow morning...

Good job MB. No one deserves it more.

Skippy
02-17-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm also going to the opener. My first opener since 2003. I think we should try and 'blackout' the whole season. How intimidating would it be if visiting teams had to play in front of a sea of black? I can't wait till April.

whitesox901
02-17-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm also going to the opener. My first opener since 2003. I think we should try and 'blackout' the whole season. How intimidating would it be if visiting teams had to play in front of a sea of black? I can't wait till April.

that would be awsome

DSpivack
02-17-2009, 10:46 PM

No, it should only be used for special occasions. Doing it too often would cheapen the effect and make it less meaningful.

ChiSoxGirl
02-17-2009, 10:48 PM
No, it should only be used for special occasions. Doing it too often would cheapen the effect and make it less meaningful.

You took the words right out of my mouth. How anticlimactic would it be to have a Blackout for a mid-April night game against a team like the Royals when the ballpark is about half full... if that?!

Frontman
02-17-2009, 10:55 PM

Given months since the blackout, I think it should be when the team needs us to do it. While it might be cool to do on Opening Day, much like Batman's costume, I don't think a 'blackout' for an afternoon game will inspire fear in the Sox opponents...

oeo
02-17-2009, 11:01 PM

I'm kind of hoping the whole black thing just catches on on its own. No, don't announce a blackout, but I hope people just start to wear it all the time, especially on the road. Gives Sox fans an identity kind of like the Red Sox/Cardinals with red, the Flubs with blue, etc.

Of course I don't think many people will be jumping up and down to wear black in the middle of the summer.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-17-2009, 11:58 PM
:scratch: Was this ever in doubt?

Even if we had Jake Peavy on the roster, chances are Ozzie would've still went with Burls out of respect and because of what he means to this organization. His numbers aren't too shabby either :redneck.

Konerko05
02-18-2009, 01:37 AM
I'm kind of hoping the whole black thing just catches on on its own. No, don't announce a blackout, but I hope people just start to wear it all the time, especially on the road. Gives Sox fans an identity kind of like the Red Sox/Cardinals with red, the Flubs with blue, etc.

Of course I don't think many people will be jumping up and down to wear black in the middle of the summer.

Just about every shirt I own is black so that will not be a problem for me.

whitesox901
02-18-2009, 01:53 AM

yes, yes...love it !

Just about every shirt I own is black so that will not be a problem for me.

What he said

MtGrnwdSoxFan
02-18-2009, 04:31 AM
My softball team wanted to name itself "Blackout" in honor of the Blackout game and wear black-on-black, but I talked them out of it for the same reason oeo mentioned: who in their right mind would wear black on a summer day, especially doing physical stuff like playing softball? That's just asking for fatigue to set in. (The Sox don't count...they wear well-ventilated jerseys, while we would be wearing t-shirts)

On topic, great to hear that MB is getting the honor. No one else deserves it, IMO.

Skippy
02-20-2009, 10:01 PM

I see your point, BUT look at Arrowhead Stadium. It's always a sea of red and it seems to be one of the most intimidating places to have to play. Of course it's football, and there's only 8 regular season games a year..... So........ I've got nuthin'.

Skippy
02-20-2009, 10:06 PM

That's what I meant. Not the club announcing a blackout every game, but we, as life-long Sox fans, starting a new tradition. And we're Sox fans, not Cubs fans. We can handle wearing black in August with the sun beating down on us. Plus, underarm sweat stains don't show on black shirts.

DumpJerry
02-20-2009, 10:25 PM
And we're Sox fans, not Cubs fans.
Correct. We are not sheep.

Ziggy S
02-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Dont know how reliable the site is so take it for what it's worth...

http://whitesoxwire.com

I won't believe until I see it in the paper. Fan blog sites like sports radio isn't exactly to be trusted.

Ziggy S
02-20-2009, 10:43 PM
That's what I meant. Not the club announcing a blackout every game, but we, as life-long Sox fans, starting a new tradition. And we're Sox fans, not Cubs fans. We can handle wearing black in August with the sun beating down on us. Plus, underarm sweat stains don't show on black shirts.

Gotta prove the whole :chicagogtough: thing I guess. This sounds just like all the hand wringing over putting ketchup on a ****ing hot dog. I love meatheads.

roylestillman
02-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Mark pitching the Opener? I better push up dinner reservations to 3:30.

#1swisher
02-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Mark pitching the Opener? I better push up dinner reservations to 3:30.

Earlier if he pitches a no-hitter. I can't believe it's going on 2 years since his last one:bandance: I was there 4-18-07, DO IT AGAIN MARK:cool: