PDA

View Full Version : Good thing we have a guy like Buehrle

danman31
08-03-2001, 09:57 PM
Other than the fact that he is a great pitcher, he has good composure on the mound. Kip doesn't. Jon hasn't shown an extreme amount of it. I really like that in a pitcher. JB had it, but he wasn't as good of a pitcher as Buehrle is. If Kip had a no hitter and lost it, he would've blown up after that. GO MARK!

Tragg
08-03-2001, 10:05 PM
Buerhle has a mature demeanor.

JB did always have it - he matured, as I expect will Kip, Jon and the rest.

Buerhle is special - real special.

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Other than the fact that he is a great pitcher, he has good composure on the mound. Kip doesn't. Jon hasn't shown an extreme amount of it. I really like that in a pitcher. JB had it, but he wasn't as good of a pitcher as Buehrle is. If Kip had a no hitter and lost it, he would've blown up after that. GO MARK!

I think Glover has that same composure maybe not to the extent of Buehrle but getting there.

Iguana775
08-04-2001, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
Buerhle has a mature demeanor.

JB did always have it - he matured, as I expect will Kip, Jon and the rest.

Buerhle is special - real special.

short bus special???? lol. :):):):):):):):) (i know jerry likes the rotating smiles)

but seriously, burly is turning out to be our ace that we have longed for.

oldcomiskey
08-04-2001, 09:52 AM
agreed with young mister Glover---he gets rocked angiant Oakland and Seatlle and gets sent down--yet evrytime I see the ERA it goes down--THAT I think was the trade of the year--along with Ramirez when he returns