PDA

View Full Version : Article on new ST facility in Glendale

AZChiSoxFan
02-10-2009, 07:51 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/cactus/articles/2009/02/10/20090210gl-ballpark0210-ON.html

JohnTucker0814
02-10-2009, 07:56 PM
I can't wait to see the place on March 6th! :bandance:

Medford Bobby
02-10-2009, 09:08 PM
it's still too far.....:angry:

C-Dawg
02-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Wow, a real bunch of winners are leaving comments after that article!

Scottiehaswheels
02-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Wow, a real bunch of winners are leaving comments after that article!I like the last one talking about the Cubs spring training facility being antiquated. **** man, if that is antiquated, what the hell is their piss hole up north?

AZChiSoxFan
02-11-2009, 09:19 AM

No doubt. I almost didn't post it for just that reason. The sad part is that the same morons are posting comments for pretty much every AZ Republic online article.

doublem23
02-11-2009, 09:50 AM
The new digs look nice but maaaaaaaaan, the prices... The prices...

http://soxmachine.com/blogs/soxmachine/archive/2009/01/18/14917.aspx

Dibbs
02-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Those prices are truly crazy for a spring training game. I guess spring training is the "in" thing to do. Mark me down for the $8 seats when I am there.

MarySwiss
02-11-2009, 06:04 PM

No doubt. I almost didn't post it for just that reason. The sad part is that the same morons are posting comments for pretty much every AZ Republic online article.

Yep! And as soon as the whole East Valley/West Valley stuff starts--and it always does!--I usually stop reading.

I sometimes wish the Republic would stop letting people comment on anything. If there were a story on there about a courageous family dog saving its master from a fire and the dying because it went back to try to save the family cat, sure as hell some knuckleheads would start a debate about which is the better pet, dog or cat. No teal.

manders_01
02-11-2009, 08:29 PM
The new digs look nice but maaaaaaaaan, the prices... The prices...

http://soxmachine.com/blogs/soxmachine/archive/2009/01/18/14917.aspx

Those prices are truly crazy for a spring training game. I guess spring training is the "in" thing to do. Mark me down for the $8 seats when I am there.

I've happily shelled out the dough for a $45 seat. That's reasonable to me when it's one of possibly only three Sox games I'll see all year. Spring training is guaranteed for me while the regular season is not. And I'm sitting way close to the plate as opposed to spending almost as much to sit past first or third (at best) at the Cell.

I can understand how it would seem expensive for someone who goes to games in town but for me, it's a bargain.

TDog
02-11-2009, 11:51 PM
I've happily shelled out the dough for a $45 seat. That's reasonable to me when it's one of possibly only three Sox games I'll see all year. Spring training is guaranteed for me while the regular season is not. And I'm sitting way close to the plate as opposed to spending almost as much to sit past first or third (at best) at the Cell.

I can understand how it would seem expensive for someone who goes to games in town but for me, it's a bargain.

I've been to a lot of spring exhibition games. Ultimately, the games were unsatisfying as baseball games, but that was OK because I wasn't paying major league prices. I pay less than $45 to see the Sox play in Oakland for games where both teams are trying to win.

manders_01
02-12-2009, 12:13 AM
I've been to a lot of spring exhibition games. Ultimately, the games were unsatisfying as baseball games, but that was OK because I wasn't paying major league prices. I pay less than $45 to see the Sox play in Oakland for games where both teams are trying to win.

My point exactly. You at least have the opportunity to see the Sox locally for one series per regular season. I have opportunity to see them locally once every three seasons.

I never found a ST training game unsatisfying - even the one I didn't get to see cause it got rained out. To each his own, and for me, I don't think the ST ticket prices are that expensive.

AZChiSoxFan
02-12-2009, 07:58 AM
My point exactly. You at least have the opportunity to see the Sox locally for one series per regular season. I have opportunity to see them locally once every three seasons.

Do the Sox go to Denver once every three years?!?!? If so, then I'm :angry:. They haven't played in Phx in the regular season since 2003. :angry::angry: I have no clue how the interleague schedule works.

manders_01
02-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Do the Sox go to Denver once every three years?!?!? If so, then I'm :angry:. They haven't played in Phx in the regular season since 2003. :angry::angry: I have no clue how the interleague schedule works.

Sorry, they play each other every three years, every six years here. :redface:

AZChiSoxFan
02-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Sorry, they play each other every three years, every six years here. :redface:

I don't think that's always true though. 2003 was the last year the Sox played in Phx (Regular season), so we are now on 6 seasons and counting in which the Sox haven't played here in the regular season.

oeo
02-12-2009, 11:19 AM
I don't think that's always true though. 2003 was the last year the Sox played in Phx (Regular season), so we are now on 6 seasons and counting in which the Sox haven't played here in the regular season.

It's not because it can't be that systematic, due to the differing number of teams in each league. The Sox last played the D'Backs in 2005 in Chicago, so an Arizona trip should be coming up in the next couple of years.

SoxFan64
02-12-2009, 10:49 PM
It's not because it can't be that systematic, due to the differing number of teams in each league. The Sox last played the D'Backs in 2005 in Chicago, so an Arizona trip should be coming up in the next couple of years.

Well living in DC, the Nats are going on year five and still no Sox. :(:

So count me among those trying to figure out how they work the schedule with unbalanced teams.

BoKnowsBest
02-12-2009, 11:44 PM
My guess is the Sox will play in Phoenix sometime in the summer of 2010, because thats when I'm moving back from Phoenix to Chicago. They wouldn't be nice enough to play in May when I'm still around, so probably not until June of 2010 sometime.

AZChiSoxFan
02-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Well living in DC, the Nats are going on year five and still no Sox. :(:

So count me among those trying to figure out how they work the schedule with unbalanced teams.

At least you get them in Baltimore every year.

MarySwiss
02-13-2009, 06:26 PM

Me too. Even though I do usually manage to get to one game a year in Chicago--and I try to wrap it around a patio party--the ST games are a different experience.