PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Tejada charged

getonbckthr
02-10-2009, 01:02 PM
By congress for lying. According to Sportscenter.

jabrch
02-10-2009, 01:17 PM
This is going to get fun... I can't wait to see if/who Tejada rats out...

getonbckthr
02-10-2009, 01:23 PM
This is going to get fun... I can't wait to see if/who Tejada rats out...
You have to assume he does in order to stay in the country. He's been in Oakland and Baltimore let the speculation begin.

JohnTucker0814
02-10-2009, 01:25 PM
You have to assume he does in order to stay in the country. He's been in Oakland and Baltimore let the speculation begin.

It seems like Oakland and Texas are two franchises that have a lot of speculation!

Oakland - McGwire, Canseco, Tejada, Giambi x2, Ruben Sierra
Texas - Ivan Rodriguez, Gonzalez, Palmeiro, ARod, Canseco, Ruben Sierra

getonbckthr
02-10-2009, 01:32 PM
It seems like Oakland and Texas are two franchises that have a lot of speculation!

Baltimore connection there as well.

LoveYourSuit
02-10-2009, 01:45 PM
This is becoming very ugly and dirty by the minute.

Watergate takes a back seat to this.

Wow :o:

Miguel might be making the DR his permanant home the rest of his life.

getonbckthr
02-10-2009, 01:48 PM
This is becoming very ugly and dirty by the minute.

Watergate takes a back seat to this.

Wow :o:

Miguel might be making the DR his permanant home the rest of his life.
Report he came to a plea agreement to remain in the country and out of jail.

soxinem1
02-10-2009, 01:52 PM
So this is even more interesting. He will state he lied to the US Congress as a non-citizen, wants to remain here as an over-paid fraud, then cut a deal to save his ass.

And the hits just keep on coming!

RockyMtnSoxFan
02-10-2009, 01:54 PM
The report says he is expected to plead guilty under a plea bargain, but also that he is charged with lying about whether a teammate used steroids. It doesn't say anything about using them himself.

DSpivack
02-10-2009, 01:55 PM
The report says he is expected to plead guilty under a plea bargain, but also that he is charged with lying about whether a teammate used steroids. It doesn't say anything about using them himself.

My guess is Palmeiro.

VeeckAsInWreck
02-10-2009, 01:58 PM

It's no coincidence that those were the teams that Jose Canseco played for.

There may be more truth to Canseco's "Juiced" book than we originally thought.

Being that Jose played for us in 2001, don't be surprised if some Sox players names start getting mentioned.

SOXPHILE
02-10-2009, 02:03 PM
This is going to be good. Especially as the players begin to realize they can't use their "beer muscles" by hiding behind the players union and invoking things like the collective bargaining agreement. Sorry boys, this is the federal government, not the commissioners office calling....

D'Sphitz
02-10-2009, 02:12 PM
There may be more truth to Canseco's "Juiced" book than we originally thought.

Of course, nothing Canseco has said has been proven wrong, and there's never been a rational reason to doubt him. At this point you can only assume that everything he said is accurate, after all he's apparently the only one who isn't lying through his teeth.

I don't know why so many people doubted him from the start, I mean look at the size of all the meatheads in the 90's jacking 60-70+ long balls a year, it was apparent before he wrote his book.

Hendu
02-10-2009, 02:15 PM
My guess is Palmeiro.

The report states that it was player from the A's. Might be Adam Piatt.

DSpivack
02-10-2009, 02:42 PM
The report states that it was player from the A's. Might be Adam Piatt.

Didn't see that, thanks.

munchman33
02-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Congress just needs to stop at this point. It doesn't matter anymore. They've accomplished what they set out to. The game will never be the same again, and everyone who played in the era, other than one or two stars, is looked at as a cheater. What more could they possibly want. At this point, it seems more like an attempt to get their names in the headlines.

Stop wasting my tax dollars on this bull****. :angry:

SoxSpeed22
02-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Now the floodgates are opening. Tejada did get HGH from Piatt, so he's probably next. This could just be the tip of the iceberg.

WhiteSox5187
02-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Lying to Congress is a baaaaad idea. I also think Orza is going to wind up getting called before Congress before this is all said and done.

turners56
02-10-2009, 03:01 PM

Well yeah, Canseco played on both of those teams early in his career.

ChiSoxFan81
02-10-2009, 03:50 PM
So he didn't just take a vitamin B shot?

white sox bill
02-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Siggggggggghhhhhhhh the pointless soap opera continues.:rolleyes:

russ99
02-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Now the floodgates are opening. Tejada did get HGH from Piatt, so he's probably next. This could just be the tip of the iceberg.

Actually Piatt was the source of all the Tejada information in the Mitchell Report.

Lying to Congress is lying to Congress, and I don't think anyone disputes that Tejada took steroids, but I have a big problem with Tejada being pushed into a guilty plea to stay in the country and not having the right to face his accuser, Piatt. Maybe if it comes to further legal action, he'll get that chance.

getonbckthr
02-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Actually Piatt was the source of all the Tejada information in the Mitchell Report.

Lying to Congress is lying to Congress, and I don't think anyone disputes that Tejada took steroids, but I have a big problem with Tejada being pushed into a guilty plea to stay in the country and not having the right to face his accuser, Piatt. Maybe if it comes to further legal action, he'll get that chance.
Well he had a choice face his accuser and possibly be sent back to his country or take a plea, rat some friends out and be aloud to stay in America. Easy decision to me. :shrug:

ode to veeck
02-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Lying to Congress is a baaaaad idea. I also think Orza is going to wind up getting called before Congress before this is all said and done.

Tejada reportedly ready to plead guilty on this

areilly
02-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Tejada reportedly ready to plead guilty on this

I was going to say, he sure was quick about it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3899481

EndemicSox
02-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Siggggggggghhhhhhhh the pointless soap opera continues.:rolleyes:

Outing cheaters is never pointless. I want my kids to learn from this. If you cheat, you are only hurting yourself.

guillen4life13
02-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Outing cheaters is never pointless. I want my kids to learn from this. If you cheat, you are only hurting yourself.

There's another side to this though: these substances were not against MLB rules, and thus, while it may have been an unfair advantage, it wasn't truly cheating. I understand they were illegal per US law, but so is marijuana, and if your kid ever gets caught smoking weed do you want him outed in front of your whole town?

white sox bill
02-11-2009, 02:11 PM
So teach them yourself. I wouldn't depend on an athlete for anything these days. They all spin around the subject.

Ever think of the hypocrisy: A hall full of crooks (Politicians of the highest level) talking down to cheats?? (ball players) So which one is the tea and which one is the kettle?