PDA

View Full Version : OK we can trust MLB Network

Fenway
02-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Today was their first real test of a major news story concerning the game and they have been all over it with no sugar coating.

It bodes well for the future.

Bill Madden from the NY Daily News was priceless in his demand that NYY must unload ARod now

Craig Grebeck
02-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Bill Madden from the NY Daily News was priceless in his demand that NYY must unload ARod now
I'll take him.

FedEx227
02-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Haha, yes unload A-Rod and watch 29 other teams attempt to get him.

doublem23
02-09-2009, 10:32 PM
I'll take him.

Haha, yes unload A-Rod and watch 29 other teams attempt to get him.

Josh Fields deserves a chance to prove himself, guys.

Craig Grebeck
02-09-2009, 10:44 PM
I agree. I'd also like to see what Owens can do in center before we let the Mets dump a guy like Beltran on us.

FedEx227
02-09-2009, 10:50 PM
In my mind Sizemore is #3 on our depth chart, you gotta respect Owens and Wise's dedication.

DumpJerry
02-09-2009, 11:00 PM
In my mind Sizemore is #3 on our depth chart, you gotta respect Owens and Wise's dedication.
Huh? Sizemore plays for The Tribe, not us.

whitesox901
02-09-2009, 11:08 PM

I'd also like to see what Owens can do in center

Agreed

LoveYourSuit
02-09-2009, 11:13 PM

Priceless.:cool:

soxinem1
02-09-2009, 11:28 PM

I agree 100%.

And I also like the well-rounded coverage of MLB Network. They have operated more professionally in a month than ESPN has done in two decades.

Craig Grebeck
02-09-2009, 11:33 PM
You guys don't actually believe Josh Fields deserves a chance instead of Alex Rodriguez, right?

I mean it's moot and all, as the Yankees aren't idiots.

I really need you guys to give me the right answer here, or I'll lose all faith in the groupthink around here.

doublem23
02-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Huh? Sizemore plays for The Tribe, not us.

He plays for the Tribe because we don't need him. I mean, BA would hit .270/30/120 if he could just get some PT but we're so stacked right now... What can you do?

doublem23
02-09-2009, 11:36 PM
You guys don't actually believe Josh Fields deserves a chance instead of Alex Rodriguez, right?

I really need you guys to give me the right answer here, or I'll lose all faith in the groupthink around here.

I really didn't think my comment needed teal, but I thought everyone would catch the joke... Now I don't know what's going on.

Just to clarify... Alex Rodriguez > Josh Fields. We're all on that same page, right?

WhiteSoxFan84
02-10-2009, 12:18 AM
He plays for the Tribe because we don't need him. I mean, BA would hit .270/30/120 if he could just get some PT but we're so stacked right now... What can you do?

I wish we can go back and get Jeremy Reed. What a horrible trade that was...

WhiteSox5187
02-10-2009, 01:01 AM
I really didn't think my comment needed teal, but I thought everyone would catch the joke... Now I don't know what's going on.

Just to clarify... Alex Rodriguez > Josh Fields. We're all on that same page, right?
Yes but Greg Norton > Alex Rodriguez.

Frater Perdurabo
02-10-2009, 06:01 AM
Yes but Greg Norton > Alex Rodriguez.

And Herbert Perry beats them both. :redneck

SOXSINCE'70
02-10-2009, 06:32 AM
And Herbert Perry beats them both. :redneck

:milk

"Yes,I can."

TommyJohn
02-10-2009, 07:15 AM

I'll take any third baseman in White Sox history over Rodriguez, even Kevin Bell. And Fred Manrique. Oh, and Vance Law.

doublem23
02-10-2009, 07:31 AM
I'll take any third baseman in White Sox history over Rodriguez, even Kevin Bell. And Fred Manrique. Oh, and Vance Law.

:o::?:

A-Rod's one of the top hitters ever. The only rational reason anyone would not want to add him to their team is that insane contract... $30 million/year for one player is something the Yankees can only really afford, but if you're just talking baseball skill, there can't be any debate on this. Look at this guy's numbers! He's a hitting machine. This is just a kneejerk reaction.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/r/rodrial01.shtml

Iwritecode
02-10-2009, 09:53 AM

That's fine. Arod can play short and Alexei can move back to second. :thumbsup:

MetroPD
02-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Doesn't look good for the Yankees at all. Giambi, Clemens, and now A-Rod. Who's next? Mariano? I almost positive Torre used as well.

dickallen15
02-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Today was their first real test of a major news story concerning the game and they have been all over it with no sugar coating.

It bodes well for the future.

I love when guys call for teams to eat $250 million.

EnglishChiSox
02-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I love when guys call for teams to eat $250 million.

Isn't that Sabathia's plan, to eat his $200m?

The Yankees do not exactly seem to have many scruples, i imagine they won't mind keep him around.

Hitmen77
02-10-2009, 12:16 PM

I'll take Craig Grebeck over A-Rod.

FedEx227
02-10-2009, 12:31 PM

And Wise had an amazing 3 weeks.

Owens is fast.

Sizemore is a scrub.

FedEx227
02-10-2009, 12:32 PM

You're insane.

I really, really hope you're joking.

doublem23
02-10-2009, 12:34 PM
And Wise had an amazing 3 weeks.

Owens is fast.

Sizemore is a scrub.

Sizemore's style of play isn't grindy enough for this organization.

chaerulez
02-10-2009, 06:34 PM
You're insane.

I really, really hope you're joking.

But man, A-Rod doesn't eat dirt.

He only hits home runs when his team is down by 4. How selfish is that?

The only sane reason besides his contract to not want A-Rod is that he is an admitted cheater. He claims he has stopped. He is probably telling the truth. I don't like having steroid users on the team I cheer for either. But we did have Albert Bell and Wil Codero, so having bad guys on our team isn't above us either.

Frontman
02-10-2009, 06:43 PM
They did a very good job; it was also refreshing to see the player commentators have some emotion to their commentary. I grow tired of the ESPN guys who don't show a shred of emotion save against Bud or the union itself over the leak. Instead, we saw players get upset over Alex's broad brush comments; which makes sense from players who were playing in 2003.

But, I'm sure that crew was ready to get off the air last night. As I joked:

"This is Matt Vasgersian with continuing coverage of Alex Rodriquez on A-R-D...I mean, MLB Network. Along with Harold Reynolds, who needs a shave, and Mitch Williams who's been on the air long enough now to have his old mullet back. We're in hour six breaking down Alex's 35 minute interview. Let's talk to the hotdog vendor who covers section 135 at Yankee Stadium; Henry Nibblewitcz. Henry, what do you think of Alex's interview today?"