PDA

View Full Version : The Last Thing I Want to See

Viva Magglio
05-25-2002, 12:28 AM
The Cubs luckily won yet again against a very mediocre Houston Astros this evening in a game they could have easily have blown. This victory tonight makes it their fifth of their last six. The hullabaloo over Mark Prior's arrival aside, I certainly hope the Fourth Estate sees these recent wins as a sure sign that the Cubs are playoff contenders. In turn, such a silly perspective would result in the media overshadowing us in our recent surge of wins.

I'm sorry, but two wins over the best team in the American League in their own ballpark plus a big win over a hot Detroit team tonight is bigger and better than the Cubs wins over offensively weak Pittsburgh and underachieving Houston. Yet, the media will act like the Cubs are on their meteoric rise to a certain 2002 World Series championship.

:chunks

Tragg
05-25-2002, 12:33 AM
Houston looks like we do when we play bad.

Did you notice Samme complaining to the umps that the fans in the stands didn't get move out of their seats so that he could (try to) catch a foul ball?

RKMeibalane
05-25-2002, 01:21 AM
Sosa is perhaps one of the most fickle athletes I've ever seen. He doesn't seem to understand that when his team is on the road, they will not be given preferential treatment by the fans. If he attempts to catch a ball in foul territory, of course they will try to stop him from catching it. I don't know why he has such a hard time understand this. I'm sure he would not be complaining if he had hit a pop-up, and the same thing happened to another outfielder.

It's amazing how the Cubs, and their fans for that matter, always try to have things both ways. As long as something serves their best interests, they're okay with it, but the moment the **** hits the fan, they start whining again. Why can't they just accept that sometimes things just don't work out. It's this attitude of denial that irritates me about Cubs fans. They want to believe that everything will- no, that everything must work out in their favor. If not, they whine about conspriracy theories conceived by Bud Selig or the White Sox.