PDA

View Full Version : Anyone relocate their seats?

cbone
02-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I went from section 535 to 534 and down a row. I added a seat and so did my partner. So we now have 6 in a row for the Double Play plan. Also does anyone else have Reynel Penn for a rep? I can't get this guy to return an e-mail or phone call.

SOXfnNlansing
02-07-2009, 04:19 PM
I went from section 535 to 534 and down a row. I added a seat and so did my partner. So we now have 6 in a row for the Double Play plan. Also does anyone else have Reynel Penn for a rep? I can't get this guy to return an e-mail or phone call.

I have Reynel. He's new this season. I'm not going to be quick to throw him under the bus since he did get me parking and stadium club this season, but I do have some issues already with him myself. I added another seat from last season and I wasn't able to move to a better location. I was in 110 row 12 now I'm in 110 row 16:scratch:. I couldn't get in touch with him from December 16 until January 12th. My wife got on the horn with him and he's been accessible lately. By the way, the guy I had last year was terrible (Matt Washburn). He never helped me out or let me know about special events. We'll see how Mr. Penn is this year. He's got to be better than what I dealt with last season.

raven1
02-07-2009, 04:20 PM
I also have Reynel Penn as a rep, and have had a hard time reaching him by phone. If something can wait a day or so he does answer emails reliably. I also have seats in 535 (row 6) and he told me that there was nothing available for upgrades for either further forward or closer (533/534), so no upgrades for me this year. I've only had season tickets since 2005, so I just may not have had enough seniority to get an upgrade.

Harry Potter
02-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Also does anyone else have Reynel Penn for a rep? I can't get this guy to return an e-mail or phone call.

I have Reynel. He's new this season. I'm not going to be quick to throw him under the bus since he did get me parking and stadium club this season, but I do have some issues already with him myself.

I also have Reynel Penn as a rep, and have had a hard time reaching him by phone. If something can wait a day or so he does answer emails reliably.

Add me to the list of people who have Reynel this year and are unhappy with him thus far. I e-mailed him last fall shortly after I was notified he was my new rep. I asked about the relocation process and he gave me the same corporate line "yadda yadda yadda 95% renewal rate, I'll let you know"

After not hearing back for him and seeing how I paid my final balance due I decided to contact him and ask about possibly relocating. He gave me an option of moving up two rows within my section but I may stand put.

I realize I may have been spoiled having Rob Boaz in the past and it's early on, but so far....

roylestillman
02-07-2009, 05:48 PM
This is going to sound weird, but I had to relocate my Hit and Run seats because I couldn't fit in my old ones. Little known fact is that all the seats are sized with a number on the back toward the bottom. Most run from 19 through 22, although I have even seen ones as high as 24. (I assume this relates to inches across and vary based on a spacer section you can see in the middle of the seat back.) Anyway the seats we were in last year had no number (less than 19,) which was a pretty tight squeeze for me and my brother. My rep Natalie actually went out to the stands during that January cold snap and found some "22's" for me. She has been a great rep over the years.

Bruizer
02-07-2009, 06:14 PM
This is going to sound weird, but I had to relocate my Hit and Run seats because I couldn't fit in my old ones. Little known fact is that all the seats are sized with a number on the back toward the bottom. Most run from 19 through 22, although I have even seen ones as high as 24. (I assume this relates to inches across and vary based on a spacer section you can see in the middle of the seat back.) Anyway the seats we were in last year had no number (less than 19,) which was a pretty tight squeeze for me and my brother. My rep Natalie actually went out to the stands during that January cold snap and found some "22's" for me. She has been a great rep over the years.

I had the wider seats last year - it was pretty nice! Row 6 of any of the upper deck sections behind home plate (Section 528 to 536) have the wider seats. Row 3 in these sections had the narrowest seats.

palehosepub
02-07-2009, 08:09 PM
I was switched to Reynel Penn this year, I have been a STH since 1991 and probably have had 7 or 8 different reps and so far he is number 7 or 8. I left him three messages which he did not return. I finally reached him live and told him I left messages for him multiple times he didn't even apologize or acknowledge the issue. I have 4 premium box seats that I split with friends and I have two LD box seats on my own.. everyone should get proper respect and service but you would think with the "spend" I do every year the service would be better. Maybe I can ask to switch reps, I don't know if they do that..

On the relo, I hate to be a whiner but the most frustrating thing about that process is there is no real process. I have been trying to upgrade seats for many years. I have had the same premium LD box seats that I am trying to improve for 6 years and I was told that "seats within the bases rarely ever move". Last year we met the new STHer's directly behind us, they got 4 seats in the premium LD box because he knew someone in the front office- they were first time buyers. You would like to think there should be a more defined process with priority numbers or waiting lists but there really isn't, its good old fashioned Chicago patronage...

soxfan21
02-07-2009, 11:08 PM

I have had Natalie as a rep as well for the last two seasons andshe has been so helpful to me, and also answers most of the questions I have by email or phone within a day or so. I think she us a really good rep and I am very glad that I have her.

Jpgr91
02-08-2009, 12:18 AM
My rep is Scott. I am very disappointed in his performance up to this point. After the 2007 season, he did not respond to my relocation request until after everyone had pretty much already moved. He told me that no decent upgrades were available. However, during the 2008 season I was able to track down all of my 2007 neighbors, and ALL of them were able to relocate to better seats. To make things worse, I had my tickets for longer than my neighbors did.

This year I sent TWO emails requesting relocation. None of my emails were answered. I even went into great detail about how my 2007 neighbors were relocated, I mentioned where they were relocated to and how much "seniority" they had.

I find it embarrassing that someone as inept as Scott is able to continue to work in the White Sox organization. I estimate I spend about 5k a year on the White Sox, and I am seriously considering spending my money on other things.

mnrph
02-08-2009, 04:10 AM
My rep is Scott. This is my story. I've had DP plan since 12/05, section 540, row 10. Asked to relocate in past without success. About 2 weeks ago a guy at work is thinking of buying DP plan so we go on white sox website to see what is available. To my surprise various seats are available from sections 526 thru 538 in rows 3-6. I immediately fire off an e-mail to Scott telling him I saw these seats and would like to relocate.He calls back and says best he can do is 538, row 4. I take them, and am pretty happy. A week later the guy at work decides to take the plunge, and calls and gets section 538, row 2 ( 2 seats, like me). I am not happy to hear this, plus now this guy is giving me grief because his seats are better than mine (" I will try not to stand up and block your view").

Looks like the priority is to hold available seats for new ST holders instead of the hassle of trying to relocate others?

Bob G
02-08-2009, 09:30 AM
My rep is also Natalie and she's been very good about responding to emails and helping any way she can.

I find it amazing from reading the other posts in this thread that some reps. aren't very responsive to STH's questions or requests. I don't believe there are many other businesses that would allow customers to be treated this way - especially those that are paying thousands of dollars every year on what can be considered "highly discretionary" spending.

dickallen15
02-08-2009, 10:13 AM
My rep is Scott. This is my story. I've had DP plan since 12/05, section 540, row 10. Asked to relocate in past without success. About 2 weeks ago a guy at work is thinking of buying DP plan so we go on white sox website to see what is available. To my surprise various seats are available from sections 526 thru 538 in rows 3-6. I immediately fire off an e-mail to Scott telling him I saw these seats and would like to relocate.He calls back and says best he can do is 538, row 4. I take them, and am pretty happy. A week later the guy at work decides to take the plunge, and calls and gets section 538, row 2 ( 2 seats, like me). I am not happy to hear this, plus now this guy is giving me grief because his seats are better than mine (" I will try not to stand up and block your view").

Looks like the priority is to hold available seats for new ST holders instead of the hassle of trying to relocate others?

I have Scott as well. I used to have Chris who was about as bad as it gets. I did email Scott a few times with no response last year. He finally responded when I mentioned Chris was my ex-rep and he never responded to emails or voicemails. He pretty bluntly wrote, "I'm not Chris". I haven't heard from him since, just the automated emails. I really have had about zero contact with these personal account executives they advertise since about 2002. They guy before was awesome, I'm probably spoiled, but Chris and now Scott have done absolutely nothing, and it seems as if you have a question or concern, its too much for even a response.

Bruizer
02-08-2009, 07:22 PM
I have Scott, too. I've found he's not responsive to my e-mails, but he has been pretty responsive if I call him and leave a message. He usually calls me back within a couple of hours. This year I was able to move up a few rows.

Bru

skobabe8
02-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Have any of you requested new reps?

DumpJerry
02-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I have yet to have the same rep two years in a row. My reps at first were interns (one year internships) and then they kept getting promoted. I've never had any problems getting information from them when needed.

chisoxfanatic
02-08-2009, 09:20 PM
For those of you who have Scott, I used to have the same problems with him not returning my emails until I started using the email address on his business card instead of using the "Contact Us" online form they have in your My White Sox Account. Apparently that "Contact Us" form wasn't sending a lot of the emails (a technical difficulty). He's always replied to my emails when I use the one on his business card within a day.

I'd say he's much better than my former ticket rep: Chris.

BainesHOF
02-08-2009, 11:24 PM
This thread is an embarrassment to the organization. The names of the ticket reps may change, but the often poor service continues.

DumpJerry
02-09-2009, 06:44 AM
This thread is an embarrassment to the organization. The names of the ticket reps may change, but the often poor service continues.
Not necessarily. Just because there's one or two reps out of many people are complaining about does not mean all the reps are lousy or that there is a systemic problem with the organization. It's like going out for drinks with three women who were recently dumped by their boyfriends. You'd walk away thinking that all men are stinkers because nothing good was said about men during the whine-fest.

The reps work on commission and the five reps I've had have responded in a manner of someone who depends on my repeat business to put food on their table.

Jpgr91
02-09-2009, 08:32 AM

No. I should have alerted someone to the problems I was having but I did not. Either way, it was probably to late to help me in my situation.

I think what it does show is that there is not any focus on service in the sales department.

dickallen15
02-09-2009, 08:45 AM

When I had Chris, I requested a new rep at least 4 times. I always got the runaround.

fox23
02-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Not necessarily. Just because there's one or two reps out of many people are complaining about does not mean all the reps are lousy or that there is a systemic problem with the organization. It's like going out for drinks with three women who were recently dumped by their boyfriends. You'd walk away thinking that all men are stinkers because nothing good was said about men during the whine-fest.

The reps work on commission and the five reps I've had have responded in a manner of someone who depends on my repeat business to put food on their table.

You may be right, but I've had 4 different reps in 4 years, and none of them have been helpful in the least. I found it a breath of fresh air dealing with the Brewers ticket department when I bought my tickets for the Sox series up there compared to our "personal" ticket rep with the Sox.

mnrph
02-10-2009, 01:14 AM
I have a previous post in this thread regarding my experience. I mentioned that Scott is my rep, and I actually have had good service from him, with e-mails or calls responded to the same day. I was not trying to whine about my rep, but wanted to let others know that significant relocations may have been available despite the fact that forms did not go out this year. Although last year I did not get relocated, at least there seemed to be a process. I hope the organization gets this right.

BainesHOF
02-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Oh, for the days of Greg Hodges...

champagne030
02-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Oh, for the days of Greg Hodges...

He's still there. He just did his job too good and got promoted. It doesn't mean you still cannot use him as a resource. :wink: