PDA

View Full Version : Big Bats Help Sox stay in first?

doctor30th
05-24-2002, 10:15 PM
ABC7 used that as the tagline for the game. How about Buehrle Pitching a great game?

Maggliosfan09
05-24-2002, 10:19 PM
yeah bats are nothing without good pitching

FanOf14
05-24-2002, 10:54 PM
With the Prior circus still in high gear, I doubt any of our pitchers get any coverage unless there is a perfect game or a major meltdown. For whatever reason, I get the impression that even if there was a perfect game pitched, there wouldn't be much coverage...

Cheers to Buehrle, Konerko, Thomas, Ordonez and Lofton!
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

RKMeibalane
05-25-2002, 12:11 AM
What impresses me about tonight's game is not the fact that the Sox scored twelve runs, but that they allowed only one themselves. That's a true blowout. It's one thing to win a game 17-8, but 12-1 is much nicer. Buehrle did a terrific job shutting down Detroit (big surprise there), and the offense did what is expected of it.

I hope the media starts to take notice of the fact that the Sox, despite a string of disastorous games, have a chance to win their division. In an era where indivduals receive more attention than teams, I hope that the White Sox can be recognized as a team, not as a collection of players led by Frank Thomas, Paul Konerko, or Magglio Ordonez. It is certainly nice to have players with as much ability as those three have, but what is important is that when the Sox take the field every night, I see a team out there, not a group of guys who don't like each other.

I would not be surprised to learn this is the case in the Cubs dollhouse. I don't see how anyone could get along when losing is commonplace, and drunken fans are everywhere.

cheeses_h_rice
05-25-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I hope the media starts to take notice of the fact that the Sox, despite a string of disastorous games, have a chance to win their division. In an era where indivduals receive more attention than teams, I hope that the White Sox can be recognized as a team, not as a collection of players led by Frank Thomas, Paul Konerko, or Magglio Ordonez.

:moron :giangreco

I'm sorry, but can you please explain this concept of "team" to me? I'm afraid I don't understand.

By the way, how 'bout that Shammy Sosa and Mark Prior and Kerry Wood? Is this a future championship on the Northside or what?

MarqSox
05-25-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by doctor30th
ABC7 used that as the tagline for the game. How about Buehrle Pitching a great game?

Sure, Buehrle was the star of the game, but it's not like "big bats" is somehow inaccurate ...