PDA

View Full Version : Nats: Season Tix On Layaway!

DSpivack
02-06-2009, 01:19 PM
http://dcist.com/2009/02/recessionist_would_you_consider_nat.php

doublem23
02-06-2009, 01:21 PM
How long before the Nats move back to Montreal?

areilly
02-06-2009, 01:44 PM

It's almost a sad thing what they've become. I know they didn't arrive under the best of circumstances, but there was at least palpatable excitement around the Nationals. Now. . . yikes. Who knew the O's would become the area's second-worst franchise by default?

Rocky Soprano
02-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Am I the only one that thinks this is a good idea?

IlliniSox
02-06-2009, 03:35 PM

Nope, I'd would have loved to pay monthly instead of having that blast to my credit card right after Christmas.

whitesox901
02-06-2009, 03:57 PM

I wish they would, the Washington Baseball experiment didn't work the first two times, guess third times not the charm...

LoveYourSuit
02-06-2009, 04:03 PM

I agree.

This is a very good idea. And it's not layaway. You get to use the product before you pay it in full. It's more like a credit line.

dakuda
02-06-2009, 04:25 PM
I would keep my tickets in 2010 if the Sox did this.

As it looks now, this is my last year.

The catch is that the Sox would have to announce it early. As in before I have to decide if my potential playoff money in August will be applied towards 2010 or refunded. Since I don't see that happening, the tickets were fun while I had them.

DSpivack
02-06-2009, 09:47 PM
I wish they would, the Washington Baseball experiment didn't work the first two times, guess third times not the charm...

Like any other team here except the Redskins, if you build a winner, they'll come.

NDSox12
02-07-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure what the problem is here. Seems like a sensible way to try to keep a handful of people from dumping their season tickets. The Nationals organization has many, many issues, but this looks like a sensible plan considering the current economic situation.

Of course, in my case, I received this email and it didn't work. I've had the Nats 41 game season ticket plan since they moved to Washington, but will be downgrading to the 21 game plan this season. Since there is relatively no interest in Nats tickets right now, I'm in no hurry to sign up.

raven1
02-12-2009, 05:07 PM
The Blackhawks at least used to let their season ticket holders do this. Maybe they changed now that they are selling out every game, but I paid this way as recently as last year. The only difference was that they would send the tickets in installments as you paid. I liked the flexibility & don't see any reason why the White Sox don't offer something similar - maybe teams need a few years of half-empty stadiums before they are willing to take customer service seriously.

chisox12
02-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Personally, I think that's a great idea. I'm kinda surprised other teams havent done it. Some people may not have the type of $ to pay a full season upfront.

southside rocks
02-14-2009, 09:31 AM

I think it's a very good idea. I've had the Ozzie Plan for a few years now, and I had to think for a while about renewing it this year -- nobody's job is secure in this economy, and I stopped putting stuff on my credit cards and am not accumulating any new debt.

Buying a block of tickets is an outlay of serious cash for many/most people. I think the Nats' plan is a good one.