PDA

View Full Version : New and improved MLB.tv

gregoriop
02-06-2009, 12:06 PM
http://blog.streamingmedia.com/the_business_of_online_vi/2009/02/major-league-baseball-announces-09-mlbtv-rates-10-cheaper-than-last-year.html

It's cheaper and has some new cool-sounding features. The Flash support sounds like I might be able to watch on my phone. What's not to like? Looks like I might actually purchase it this year.

Sockinchisox
02-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Looks like they dumped Mosaic.

chisox616
02-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Hmmm...I dunno, I still wouldn't buy it yet. It was so bad last year, I remember missing a bunch games just because I couldn't see anything. Very frustrating.

I'd wait until around July-August to see if it's worth it.

DSpivack
02-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Looks like they dumped Mosaic.

I was never able to get that to work.

EnglishChiSox
02-06-2009, 12:45 PM
I was never able to get that to work.

I did, but i couldn't get 1.2mb streaming like i could through a web browser, looks like it's been incorporated into the web based player now, just having a look at the features it seems like an impressive service, on a par with something the NFL offered this past season but for 100 less, 75 for the whole season is very reasonable indeed (And would have been more so given the recent decline of the sterling value)

Trav
02-06-2009, 06:59 PM
They kept mosaic according to the demo video. If the HD video lives up to its promise it will be worth it. Last year it would get choppy during the action. Plus, those blackouts really suck. But a hundred bucks is a deal...

PS: EnglishSox, I just noticed your location. Were you living in Portsmouth in 2005? I participated in the Trafalgar 200 celebration there.

turners56
02-07-2009, 06:13 PM
I just wish they had a better MLB.com At Bat so I can watch games on my iPod touch. They did incorporate Gameday audio this year though.

I had MLB.tv last year, it was meh. I figured out how to get around paying for it and thought I wasted a lot of money...

kitekrazy
02-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Well I'm still looking for excuse to dump Concast Cable. For as much as I watch TV I don't get my $60 worth. I don't want a dish either.

It's Dankerific
02-07-2009, 08:23 PM
I just wish they would package the mlb.tv with the cable option. When I had DirecTV, the NFL online stream came with the NFL sunday ticket. Now thats a useful service.

Bears Games in Prague! woo! ;)

DirtySox
02-07-2009, 08:33 PM
I'll be purchasing this.

I live in Iowa which is terrible for blackouts. White Sox, Twins, Cards, Royals, Cubs, and Brewers all claim this state. But from what I've been told, you can access blacked out games using a proxy.

At long last I won't miss the games broadcast on WCIU and CSN+. (If the Proxy thing works)

WhiteSoxFan84
02-07-2009, 10:33 PM
I'll be buying this mainly because of;
1) I bought a new laptop which is amazing for video, gaming, and all kinds of entertainment. I had MLB.tv 2 years ago on my desktop and it SUCKED.
2) I need to keep track of all the out of town games I bet on throughout the season :redneck
3) I love baseball. I love carpet. I love lamp. I love lamp!