PDA

View Full Version : Get Adam Dunn

sunofgold
02-05-2009, 10:43 PM
What are we waiting for? Hits 40 HRs/year and has high OBP.

Craig Grebeck
02-05-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm guessing they're waiting for a spot to open up on the field that he can, y'know, play.

sunofgold
02-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Trade Dye then. Move Quentin to RF and Dunn gets LF.

Then the middle of the lineup looks like this.

1)
2)
3) Quentin
4) Dunn
5) Konerko
6) Thome
7) Fields
8)
9)

ViPeRx007
02-05-2009, 11:02 PM
It would be cool to get a speedy leadoff guy but I guess we can try the homers or nothing approach. I don't think we've seen that one before.

champagne030
02-05-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm guessing they're waiting for a spot to open up on the field that he can, y'know, play.

They're not using that same philosophy with Josh Fields or Owens/Wise. It looks like a long year if we don't add pitching and Owens/Wise don't **** Ozzie's wife.

EMachine10
02-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Why not just keep Dye and the extra 70 points on the batting average?

jabrch
02-05-2009, 11:34 PM
I have no interest in Dunn. None.

guillensdisciple
02-05-2009, 11:35 PM

/ close thread.

sunofgold
02-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Dunn
-is a lefty
-should be able to sign him for a lower price than Dye
-could become DH in 2010 when we probably don't re-sign Thome and we still would need a power left-handed hitter
-could possibly trade Dye for pitching
- 4 years younger than Dye
-allows us to move Quentin to RF
-LF could be open for Dayan in 2010

guillensdisciple
02-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Dunn
-is a lefty
-could become DH in 2010 when we probably don't re-sign Thome and we still would need a power left-handed hitter
- 4 years younger than Dye

/open thread.

johnnyg83
02-05-2009, 11:57 PM
If Konerko and/or Thome weren't on the team already ... maybe ... but .... but ... but ... high OBP is great when you bat one and/or two ... at three, four, five it becomes less valuable ... and he Ks a lot.

sunofgold
02-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Would have a nice balance between lefties and righties. If we could trade Dye for at least a starting pitcher, then this is very sweet. And payroll would go down or at least stay around same level.

Potential lineup:

Lillibridge/Getz 2B or Owens CF
AJ C
Quentin RF
Dunn LF
Konerko 1B
Thome 1B
Ramirez SS
Fields 3B
Anderson/Owens CF or Lillibridge/Getz 2B

champagne030
02-06-2009, 12:24 AM
I have no interest in Dunn. None.

But maybe a real GM, and not an internet GM, does???

whitesox901
02-06-2009, 01:35 AM

agreed

spawn
02-06-2009, 08:12 AM
:thumbsup:

They're not using that same philosophy with Josh Fields or Owens/Wise.
That's funny...the last time I checked, 3B anc CF were open positions. The spots to play Dunn are already taken, you know, by TCQ and JD. Your post makes absolutely no sense. :shrug:

Dunn

Um...what do we do with Dye?

Ah...so KW signs Dunn, and then hopes and prays someone will trade for JD. That's brilliant.

FarmerAndy
02-06-2009, 09:00 AM
If Konerko and/or Thome weren't on the team already ... maybe ... but .... but ... but ... high OBP is great when you bat one and/or two ... at three, four, five it becomes less valuable ... and he Ks a lot.

Yeah, if you aren't a run producer, then a high OBP might not be that valuable in the 3-4-5 spot. But if you drive in 100 runs a season (and Dunn does), then the OBP adds a lot of value. Despite the fact that he K's a lot, the high OBP shows that overall he is less likely to make an out. You don't have to be a sabermetric geek to realize that not making an out increases the chances of your team scoring more runs.

That being said, I'm not taking the position that the Sox should sign Adam Dunn. I just don't agree with this particular statement.

I do agree with you that with Thome and Konerko (as well as Dye/Quentin), there really isn't a spot for him here right now. If he signed a one year deal somewhere this year, I would be interested next year. But right now I just don't see a fit for him here, as you can't just assume that you can go out and trade Dye, Konerko, or Thome.

Gammons Peter
02-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Why don't people understand that Dye is almost untradeable. Why would a team give up players and/or prospects and 11 million dollars when they could just sign a similar player (Abreu, Dunn) for less money and not give up the players

pmck003
02-06-2009, 09:32 AM
pmck003:
-is a lefty
-could possibly trade pmck003 for pitching
- more than 4 years younger than Dye

Edit: probably can't get much pitching for pmck003

thedudeabides
02-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Why don't people understand that Dye is almost untradeable. Why would a team give up players and/or prospects and 11 million dollars then they could just sign a similar player (Abreu, Dunn) for less money and not give up the players

True. If he was tradable, I'm pretty sure he would have been moved by now.

But, there are also teams out there that are in need of a right handed bat, and Dye is only a one year comittment that could get you draft pick compensation.

MushMouth
02-06-2009, 10:26 AM
He's got DH written all over him... I'd love to sign him - I think he'll be an all-star DH for 3 or 4 years at least, but we don't have room this year, and it'd be throwing away money because I don't want him in the field playing defense for us. Ever.

doublem23
02-06-2009, 10:43 AM
What team would accept a trade for Jermaine at this point when they could probably get Dunn or Abreu for cheaper money and not having to give up any players?

Dunn would be a nice addition if we needed a corner OF or DH, but I'll just stick with Jermaine, who is a better hitter anyway. The White Sox have more pressing needs, anyway, than wasting their time playing outfield musical chairs.

Metalthrasher442
02-06-2009, 10:45 AM
I would only want Dunn as Thome's replacement for 2010.

champagne030
02-06-2009, 10:55 AM
That's funny...the last time I checked, 3B anc CF were open positions. The spots to play Dunn are already taken, you know, by TCQ and JD. Your post makes absolutely no sense. :shrug:

No, my post is sad because Fields can't play third and Owens/Wise have no business being anything other than an emergency CF. We would need to make a move to fit Dunn and we need to do something different to fill 3B and CF, if we hope to adequately fill those spots. :shrug:

NLaloosh
02-06-2009, 11:23 AM
1. Can't trade Dye right now.

2. If they could trade Dye, they would then sign Abreu. Reason being is that even at his age now he is a better baseball player than Dunn.

3. Dunn is not a very good baseball player.

4. I doubt that Ozzie or Kenny would even want Dunn on this team.

5. If Dunn were so good why is that his team of choice, the Dodgers, doesn't even want him. If they can't sign Manny they've indicated they would go after Abreu next. And, they need 40 homers far more than the Sox do.

forrestg
02-06-2009, 11:51 AM
This is one man's idea of what Adam Dunn can do. His shortcomings and his assets it reads very well. Comparing him to Pujols, the Babe. I'm assuming with his high OBP combined with his high strikeout totals that he doesn't hit into a lot of double plays haven't found that statistic. You may read the article yourself. I think he'd be perfect.http://joeposnanski.com/JoeBlog/2009/01/11/willie-bloomquist-and-the-dunn/

champagne030
02-06-2009, 12:22 PM
1. Can't trade Dye right now.

2. If they could trade Dye, they would then sign Abreu. Reason being is that even at his age now he is a better baseball player than Dunn.

How do you know we cannot trade Dye for a PTBNL?

We might be able to trade Dye, sign Abreu/Dunn and further line JR's pocket.

I'm guessing that, during this rebuilding year, KW thinks the market on JD will rise when we near the trade deadline.

Gammons Peter
02-06-2009, 12:31 PM
how do you know we cannot trade dye for a ptbnl?

we might be able to trade dye, sign abreu/dunn and further line jr's pocket.

I'm guessing that, during this rebuilding year, kw thinks the market on jd will rise when we near the trade deadline.

once again,
why would a team give up players and/or prospects and 11 million dollars when they could just sign a similar player (abreu, dunn) for less money and not give up the players

Lip Man 1
02-06-2009, 12:34 PM
This was being discussed a few days ago on Chicago Tribune Live!

Apparently some in the Chicago media are pushing for it. The person who was proposing it on the show (don't know him) basically said it this way.

With the way the salary demands are dropping instead of getting Dunn for one year, you sign him for three years or even five years at a really cheap rate.

That way even if he doesn't play much this season because you can't trade Dye, he is ready to become your fulltime DH next season. You let Thome go and because you have signed Dunn to a cheap rate, that gives you money to play with because Thome was making more then Dunn per season.

There is a certain logic to it.

That person said Dunn "would hit 50 home runs a year playing at The Cell."

I don't know if the Sox would want to pay someone the first year to just be an occasional DH or LF though.

Lip

DSpivack
02-06-2009, 12:40 PM

Apparently some in the Chicago media are pushing for it. The person who was proposing it on the show (don't know him) basically said it this way.

With the way the salary demands are dropping instead of getting Dunn for one year, you sign him for three years or even five years at a really cheap rate.

That way even if he doesn't play much this season because you can't trade Dye, he is ready to become your fulltime DH next season. You let Thome go and because you have signed Dunn to a cheap rate, that gives you money to play with because Thome was making more then Dunn per season.

I don't know if the Sox would want to pay someone the first year to just be an occasional DH or LF though.

Lip

Sell him to the Nats for a 2009 timeshare. :tongue:

ms620
02-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Why don't people understand that Dye is almost untradeable. Why would a team give up players and/or prospects and 11 million dollars when they could just sign a similar player (Abreu, Dunn) for less money and not give up the players

I have seen this argument over and over again on this board. But there is a major flaw with this: Abreu and Dunn have to agree to sign with those teams. For a team like Cincy...clearly Dunn is not an option. Abreu might not want to go there. If that is the case, than Dye is a legitmate option for them even if it costs them more money and players/prospects.

Frater Perdurabo
02-06-2009, 01:17 PM
I'd go all out:

Dye for Bailey
Paulie for Figgins
Sign Abreu (LF) and Dunn (1B)

Primary lineup:
Figgins 3B
Abreu LF (cheaper than Dye)
Quentin RF
Dunn 1B (cheaper than Konerko)
Alexei SS (RBI position; talk about serious protection here)
Thome DH
AJ C
Lillibridge/Getz 2B
BA CF

Against some LHP: Thome sits, Fields bats 6th and plays 3B (because he destroys LHP), Figgins moves to CF, BA sits, and Owens DHs in the 9 hole.

Admittedly it's not perfect, but compared to what the Sox have now, this lineup features equal power, more OBP and more speed, with no real defensive loss, at equal or less cost, with the side benefit of adding Bailey to the #5 starter competition.

Zisk77
02-06-2009, 01:20 PM

Lip

I don't like it. Then you would be stuck with Dunn (a slow all or nothing guy we want to get away from) for 3 to 5 years and we probably have better & cheaper in house candidates. Flowers, Viciedo, Eldred, etc.

Plus you could even move Paulie or JD to DH after next year if you decide to keep them.

canOcorn
02-06-2009, 01:38 PM
once again,

Well, Cincinnati (for one) is very LH dominate and as was already mentioned by someone, Dye bats RH. :shrug:

NLaloosh
02-06-2009, 01:56 PM
I'd rather re-sign Thome for about $ 4 mil. for the 2010 season. He's still better than Adam Dunn. Or,why not just sign Russell Branyan for the major league minimum?

Adam Dunn just sucks.

NLaloosh
02-06-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure how many people realize that the Sox cannot move Dye's contract now without either paying a significant portion of it or taking back salary dump in return. Therefore, they don't get the salary relief needed to sign a free agent.

Don't you think if they could get Homer Bailey from Cincy with them taking Dye's contract they would? A few months ago Cincy wanted the Sox to eat a few mil. and now they are tapped out. There's really nothing out there now, due to the economy, for a Dye trade. That's why Kenny told him that he's staying.

The only place that I can see a possible move at this point is with the Angels because they still have some money to spend and they could use Dye and they could give the Sox a salary to take back like Figgins.

kittle42
02-06-2009, 02:21 PM
I'd rather re-sign Thome for about $ 4 mil. for the 2010 season. He's still better than Adam Dunn. Or,why not just sign Russell Branyan for the major league minimum?

Adam Dunn just sucks.

OK. Dunn may not be the best player in the world, but comparisons to Grand Branyan are unwarranted.

doublem23
02-06-2009, 02:31 PM
OK. Dunn may not be the best player in the world, but comparisons to Grand Branyan are unwarranted.

Seriously. Branyan's career high OBP is .327. .327! Dunn's career low is .354.

Gammons Peter
02-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Well, Cincinnati (for one) is very LH dominate and as was already mentioned by someone, Dye bats RH. :shrug:

Did that trade happen? No, because the Reds didn't want to pick up all of Dye's money and give up a quality player.

canOcorn
02-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Did that trade happen? No, because the Reds didn't want to pick up all of Dye's money and give up a quality player.

I understand. I never thought we could get Bailey for Dye, let alone the Reds throwing in another player. I suggested we dump Dye's salary to sign Dunn and that gets Jerry an even larger profit than he's already taking.

We're already in salary dump mode, so we might as well dump some more. I'm thinking that Kenny is holding onto Dye to get more than a throw in at the trading deadline (which is what we would get without eating salary).

johnnyg83
02-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah, if you aren't a run producer, then a high OBP might not be that valuable in the 3-4-5 spot. But if you drive in 100 runs a season (and Dunn does), then the OBP adds a lot of value. Despite the fact that he K's a lot, the high OBP shows that overall he is less likely to make an out. You don't have to be a sabermetric geek to realize that not making an out increases the chances of your team scoring more runs.

Of course, I agree that getting on is better than getting out.

But philosophically, I believe the 3-4-5 guys are there to hit ... not generate walks or move people over. A walk is not as good as a hit.

FarmerAndy
02-06-2009, 04:06 PM

Lip

Is there any way in the world you could see a team signing somebody who can hit 50 home runs a year playing in their ballpark to a 3 or 4 year contract, and then only using them as a part time player for the first year of that contract??? That just doesn't make any sense at all, in any way. You can't just pick up a productive player and store him away on the shelf for next year. It's a baseball player, not canned fruit.

I agree that Dunn is an intriguing thought for 2010. But I just don't see a fit for it now. Besides, I haven't even seen the White Sox and Dunn attached in any serious trade rumors anyway.

As for the people who think Dunn sucks - C'Mon now. He's been a little bit more productive at the plate than either Thome or Dye over the past couple of seasons, and quite a bit more productive than Konerko. He won't give you much in the field. But unless you are going to sign a Manny caliber hitter, you couldn't ask for much more at DH. Again, I'm not saying the Sox need to go get him. However, to say Dunn sucks is flat out ridiculous.

spawn
02-06-2009, 04:13 PM
When does Spring Training start?

FarmerAndy
02-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Of course, I agree that getting on is better than getting out.

But philosophically, I believe the 3-4-5 guys are there to hit ... not generate walks or move people over. A walk is not as good as a hit.

I hear what you're saying, and I agree with the basis of your argument. But if you are doing your job as a 3-4-5 guy and driving in 100+ runs, then a high OBP is a fairly productive bonus. Dunn does both.

champagne030
02-06-2009, 04:30 PM
When does Spring Training start?

When is KW going to start getting a legit team together for 2009?

spawn
02-06-2009, 04:33 PM
IMO, he has. :shrug:

SBSoxFan
02-06-2009, 05:35 PM
It's a baseball player, not canned fruit.

:rolling:

Craig Grebeck
02-06-2009, 06:19 PM
IMO, he has. :shrug:
I'm not satisfied with piss-poor defense and numerous question marks.

turners56
02-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Adam Dunn is a younger version of Jim Thome that plays the outfield badly. We don't need another one of those guys until 2010...

doublem23
02-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Adam Dunn is a younger version of Jim Thome that plays the outfield badly. We don't need another one of those guys until 2010...

He's also a worse version of Jim Thome. At 28 last year, Dunn's line was .236/.386/.513. Thome, at 28, hit .277/.426/.540.

spawn
02-06-2009, 06:44 PM
I know. You've mentioned that...on quite a few occasions. IMO, we have the same question marks going into this season as we did last season (who's going to play 2B, CF, 3B, who's going to play CF, 2 question marks in the rotation). Seems we did better than most expected. I'll take my chances and see how the team performs on the field before I label the season a disaster as most here seem to be predicting. And to be honest, you're rarely satisfied with anything. :shrug:

champagne030
02-06-2009, 09:43 PM
I know. You've mentioned that...on quite a few occasions. IMO, we have the same question marks going into this season as we did last season (who's going to play 2B, CF, 3B, who's going to play CF, 2 question marks in the rotation). Seems we did better than most expected. I'll take my chances and see how the team performs on the field before I label the season a disaster as most here seem to be predicting. And to be honest, you're rarely satisfied with anything. :shrug:

The problem is we don't have anyone with as much talent as Danks or Floyd.

And Crede/Uribe is gone, plus we're banking on people with less talent than Alexei. I feel fine rolling the dice on the 3 guys who have skills, but haven't proven it at the MLB level at 2B, the rest of the questions do not have legit answers, IMO.

Zisk77
02-06-2009, 10:14 PM

I agree with you (and believe me that scares me), but out of curiosity is there anybody out there you think we should get, because it seems to me you are always the dissenting opinion?

Craig Grebeck
02-06-2009, 10:16 PM
I agree with you (and believe me that scares me), but out of curiosity is there anybody out there you think we should get, because it seems to me you are always the dissenting opinion?
Probably Braden Looper, or Ivan Rodriguez.

Zisk77
02-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Probably Braden Looper, or Ivan Rodriguez.

Interesting

Craig Grebeck
02-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Interesting
Looper has solid ground-ball tendencies and I believe he can give the team another nice option and around 140 IP.

As for Rodriguez, I think he's a legitimate back-up catcher and would love to have him behind AJ. It's obviously not feasible, but it'd be nice. AJ's only standout skill, at this point, is his durability. His offense is pretty mediocre, and we won't even talk about his defense.

Basically, I feel like the team is pretty much handcuffed in many regards, which will make improvements for this season damn near impossible. 2010 should be the year that the White Sox have massive overturn on the 25 man roster.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-07-2009, 02:12 AM
He's also a worse version of Jim Thome. At 28 last year, Dunn's line was .236/.386/.513. Thome, at 28, hit .277/.426/.540.

:?:
But... Thome... isn't... 28 anymore... :scratch:
Why would you even bring this up? Of course I'd take Thome at 28 if we can have him, but we can't. If you're going to look at it that way, can we sign Babe Ruth at 28? Or even Frank Thomas at 28?

Come on. Dunn is one of the more underrated players in the game. If he had been a DH his whole career rather than humiliating himself in the OF in the NL, he wouldn't be getting this crap. Put David Ortiz in LF and watch him make a fool out of himself.

kittle42
02-07-2009, 03:24 AM

If anyone expects the team to be that much different from right now, they should just stop paying attention.

drewcifer
02-07-2009, 03:52 AM
:?:
But... Thome... isn't... 28 anymore... :scratch:
Why would you even bring this up? Of course I'd take Thome at 28 if we can have him, but we can't. If you're going to look at it that way, can we sign Babe Ruth at 28? Or even Frank Thomas at 28?

Come on. Dunn is one of the more underrated players in the game. If he had been a DH his whole career rather than humiliating himself in the OF in the NL, he wouldn't be getting this crap. Put David Ortiz in LF and watch him make a fool out of himself.

Wow. You're worse than Thome in a 2-strike situation aren't you?

Read again. Your boy couldn't hold Thome's jock when you look at comparable age stats and you can make an argument that the old man still has something over him still.

Get it? Talk about a scratching head....

Dunn will be crap in AL. There is NO reason to expect that even his acceptable stats would be as good. This is why he is not signed. Holy ****.

Madscout
02-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Looper has solid ground-ball tendencies and I believe he can give the team another nice option and around 140 IP.

As for Rodriguez, I think he's a legitimate back-up catcher and would love to have him behind AJ. It's obviously not feasible, but it'd be nice. AJ's only standout skill, at this point, is his durability. His offense is pretty mediocre, and we won't even talk about his defense.

Basically, I feel like the team is pretty much handcuffed in many regards, which will make improvements for this season damn near impossible. 2010 should be the year that the White Sox have massive overturn on the 25 man roster.
Do you think that there is anything wrong with AJ's d other than throwing out runners?

Craig Grebeck
02-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Do you think that there is anything wrong with AJ's d other than throwing out runners?
Excluding the play in no. 163, his utter inability to hang onto the ball or even catch it for a play at the plate.

His throwing arm is awful, and plays a large role in why he's not a very good player.

Zisk77
02-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Excluding the play in no. 163, his utter inability to hang onto the ball or even catch it for a play at the plate.

His throwing arm is awful, and plays a large role in why he's not a very good player.

His arm isn't awful, its average. Most of our pitching staff is awful at holding on runners.

champagne030
02-07-2009, 12:10 PM
If anyone expects the team to be that much different from right now, they should just stop paying attention.

I've been told by several people on this board that it's still too early to make judgements about the roster.

And I expect it to continue until some point in early June and then any comments will be hindsight.:dunno:

tm1119
02-07-2009, 12:14 PM
For those of you saying how bad Dunn is and how you wouldnt want him on the team.

Ryan Howard's MVP runner up 2008 season- .251 Avg, .339 OBP, .543 SLG, .881 OPS
Adam Dunn in '07- .264 Avg, .386 OBP, .554 SLG, .940 OPS,

Don't know why but there seems to be a big double standard when it comes to Dunn. Put Dunn at DH, or even 1B, and he is a great player.

OmarLittle
02-07-2009, 01:27 PM

Read again. Your boy couldn't hold Thome's jock when you look at comparable age stats and you can make an argument that the old man still has something over him still.

Dunn will be crap in AL. There is NO reason to expect that even his acceptable stats would be as good. This is why he is not signed. Holy ****.

What is the reasoning behind this statement?

He is a career 246/362/530 in 96 career interleague games.

He has hit at least 40 HR's in each of the last 5 season, almost always with an OBP around 380.

Whats not to like? The only thing that is a glaring weakness is his defense. Put him at DH and he would be a very productive player.

doublem23
02-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Whats not to like? The only thing that is a glaring weakness is his defense. Put him at DH and he would be a very productive player.

Batting average, too. I know, I know, it's sabermetric to think BA means nothing and OBP is all that matters, but guys don't hit in the middle of the lineup to sit around and take walks, they're there to hit. I'll take a guy who puts the ball in play more often than the guy who just gets on base more often, if I'm looking for a cleanup hitter.

That said, next year, I'd be fine with Adam Dunn.

tm1119
02-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Batting average, too. I know, I know, it's sabermetric to think BA means nothing and OBP is all that matters, but guys don't hit in the middle of the lineup to sit around and take walks, they're there to hit. I'll take a guy who puts the ball in play more often than the guy who just gets on base more often, if I'm looking for a cleanup hitter.

That said, next year, I'd be fine with Adam Dunn.

This would be true if Dunn didnt hit 40 HRS with 100 RBI's every season. And that was with the crappy reds. Put him in this offense and in The Cell and he hits 45 HR's with 125 RBI's.

whitesox901
02-07-2009, 02:47 PM
For those of you saying how bad Dunn is and how you wouldnt want him on the team.

Ryan Howard's MVP runner up 2008 season- .251 Avg, .339 OBP, .543 SLG, .881 OPS
Adam Dunn in '07- .264 Avg, .386 OBP, .554 SLG, .940 OPS,

Don't know why but there seems to be a big double standard when it comes to Dunn. Put Dunn at DH, or even 1B, and he is a great player.

true, Im going to have to waffle, with Paulie going to the DH role in 2010, Dunn would make a good 1B, plus it fills the hole Thome's bat will leave after this season.

jabrch
02-07-2009, 03:00 PM
true, Im going to have to waffle, with Paulie going to the DH role in 2010, Dunn would make a good 1B, plus it fills the hole Thome's bat will leave after this season.

PK is better with a glove than Dunn.

turners56
02-07-2009, 05:56 PM

I wasn't comparing them at the same age. Dunn is about as good, if not better, than Thome is right now, which isn't a good thing.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-07-2009, 10:25 PM

My boy? Wow. I didn't touch your girlfriend, I promise. Where the **** did you come from? When did I even say a word to you?

Anyway, lucky you, I respond to people with A.D.D. just the same as people without:
Dunn not being signed yet doesn't mean there is no interest. It just means he hasn't found a situation he's happy with and/or teams that like him haven't made an offer YET. Any team that doesn't like "my boy" either doesn't have room for him (mainly NL teams) or they're hoping his price goes down further and they get him at an even DEEPER discount.

Scratch your head, scratch my nu... belly, I don't care, Dunn is a solid player and if we can dump Thome and put Dunn at DH I'd be happier. But that's not possible so I won't even discuss it any further. I'm almost ready to start questioning Thome's HEART and not just his at-bats.

And what exactly does "that old man" have over Dunn? And if you tell me batting average, I've already laughed at that. Next?

KenBerryGrab
02-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Report of Dunn to the Nationals: 2 years, $20 million. They're getting the band back together! (Dunn, Kearns, Wily Mo Pena...)

goon
02-11-2009, 05:17 PM
The problem is we don't have anyone with as much talent as Danks or Floyd.

http://wickedgoodsports.com/wp-content/images/mccarthy/Quentin.jpg

I hate you.