PDA

View Full Version : Sports Weekly's Top 100...

JermaineDye05
02-04-2009, 07:12 PM
...Names you need to know in '09

Link (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2009-02-04-names-to-know_N.htm)

4 White Sox cracked the list.

16) Chris Getz

17) Clayton Richard

53) Dayan Viciedo

68) Lance Broadway

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Clubhouse or the minors, I just guessed.

DirtySox
02-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Broadway? Really?

KRS1
02-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Broadway? Really?

Well at 68, that is basically saying more than two rookies per team should be looked at before him. Seeing how there's really never even 50 rookies who make a real impact in the big in a single season, it's basically like saying, "this rookie is more likely to see more time in the majors than most."

guillen4life13
02-04-2009, 11:42 PM
I think that the White Sox should consider acquiring Brian Barton, an OF in the Cardinals organization. His minor league numbers show that he may be a decent leadoff hitter at the big league level. In 153 AB last year with the big club, Barton posted a .354 OBP. He looks like he has 30 double, 6+ triple potential with probably <10 HR. He could steal 20-30 bases in a full season.

I don't know how he is in the field, but I don't think he'd be any worse than Owens.

Lorenzo Barcelo
02-05-2009, 04:21 PM
I think that the White Sox should consider acquiring Brian Barton, an OF in the Cardinals organization. His minor league numbers show that he may be a decent leadoff hitter at the big league level. In 153 AB last year with the big club, Barton posted a .354 OBP. He looks like he has 30 double, 6+ triple potential with probably <10 HR. He could steal 20-30 bases in a full season.

I don't know how he is in the field, but I don't think he'd be any worse than Owens.

Is he the astrophysicist or the NASA internship guy?

guillen4life13
02-12-2009, 04:21 AM
Is he the astrophysicist or the NASA internship guy?

Yeah. From the U also. I used to be a computer lab user assistant in the college of engineering labs and he was in there all the time during spring '06. I talked to him a few times and he mentioned he was an Jndians farm hand and was finishing his Aerospace Engineering degree.

asindc
02-12-2009, 10:18 AM

Maybe we should, since he is so good they listed him twice (at 70 and 91).

Domeshot17
02-12-2009, 04:11 PM
This isn't a top prospect list, but a top rookie list, so basically we aren't sitting very pretty.

oeo
02-12-2009, 06:35 PM
This isn't a top prospect list, but a top rookie list, so basically we aren't sitting very pretty.

There are only a few teams that are 'sitting pretty' according to this list, and they were all not very good last year.

champagne030
02-12-2009, 10:51 PM

It's not really even a top rookie list. It's names you should know because they'll be playing this year. It might be good to know them and it might be bad. It's guys they think will be playing, whether they deserve to or not....