PDA

View Full Version : Even If You Hate The Yankees

MCHSoxFan
02-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Would you want to and even attempt to go to their Home Opener? My grandma is from the Bronx and missed going to the All-Star game last year so we are considering going. I am just wondering that even if you hate them so much, would you want to witness this or no?

Note To Mods- Sorry if this belongs in WTS. I wasn't sure if it belongs there or here. Move it if it needs to be.

MarkZ35
02-04-2009, 03:20 PM
If you could get tickets I would go. I would also just try and get tickets to re sell them.

kittle42
02-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Love or hate them, I'd want to go just as a baseball fan. I'd want to go to the opening of any stadium.

skottyj242
02-04-2009, 03:27 PM
I don't hate the Yankees. I would go if it was affordable. I went last year and saw a game against the Devil Rays.

Eddo144
02-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Love or hate them, I'd want to go just as a baseball fan. I'd want to go to the opening of any stadium.
Ditto. I really enjoy visiting stadiums I have not been to, and if it were opening day it would be even cooler.

MCHSoxFan

Thank you. That is EXACTLY my point.

ChiSoxFan81
I don't hate the Yankees. I would go if it was affordable. I went last year and saw a game against the Devil Rays.

I don't recall a team called the Devil Rays in MLB last year. :redneck

asindc
02-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Well, I suppose you could also wait until the next Yankee Stadium opening day... Go. Enjoy the unique experience.

LITTLE NELL
02-04-2009, 03:46 PM
If I lived in the NY metro area I would make every effort to go as long as I did'nt have to take out a small loan.

doublem23
02-04-2009, 03:48 PM

Opening Day of a new stadium is a special day for the fans of that team. I personally think its a little bogus of people who have no connection to the Yankees to want to go to celebrate on what should be their day. Honestly, Opening Day of new Yankee Stadium will mean as much to me as the first time I go to the place anyway, so I may as well let those fans enjoy their game.

That said, if I was going with someone close to me, like a grandmother, I would go to share the moment with her. But I wouldn't try to round up a bunch of non-Yankee fan friends to go to the game because "it's the place to be."

MCHSoxFan
02-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Opening Day of a new stadium is a special day for the fans of that team. I personally think its a little bogus of people who have no connection to the Yankees to want to go to celebrate on what should be their day. Honestly, Opening Day of new Yankee Stadium will mean as much to me as the first time I go to the place anyway, so I may as well let those fans enjoy their game.

That said, if I was going with someone close to me, like a grandmother, I would go to share the moment with her. But I wouldn't try to round up a bunch of non-Yankee fan friends to go to the game because "it's the place to be."

I totally agree. She was born in the Bronx and left for Chicago at a young age so she has never been to a Yankees game and she does like baseball so she would love to be there. Its really more for her than me but I do love baseball myself so I would love to go.

DumpJerry
02-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Why not?

Scottiehaswheels
02-04-2009, 05:35 PM
All the replies have neglected to add about a dozen ! and ? and every other word in CAPS.

And if I got free tickets, sure.

Frontman
02-04-2009, 06:37 PM
I'd love to go to a game at Yankee Stadium, and Opening Day would even be more exciting, why not?

I did want to see old Yankee stadium, but didn't get the chance.

cards press box
02-04-2009, 06:56 PM
I do hate the Yankees and I find the arrogance of Yankee management hard to take. Having said that, I would go to opening day at the new Yankee Stadium if I were in New York and didn't have to pay a small fortune for tickets.

whitesox901
02-04-2009, 08:53 PM
totally

Bucky F. Dent
02-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Absolutely! I'm not a Yankee fan, but I made sure to get to Yankee Stadium last year. I'd definitely take the opportunity to see opening day at the new stadium.

EuroSox35
02-05-2009, 05:16 AM
Absolutely. I'd personally probably go to like the 2nd home game just because it'd probably be cheaper, but if money isn't an issue, then yeah, you also have that story forever that you were at that opening day

WhiteSoxJunkie
02-06-2009, 12:03 AM
If the price was right, yes.

Chrisaway
02-06-2009, 04:38 AM
I'd go to pretty much any pro baseball game anywhere. I was bummed I had to miss out on the Sox/Yanks in NY last year.