PDA

View Full Version : Metra 35th St Station Update?

roylestillman
02-03-2009, 11:36 AM
I recently ran across this blurb about the new Metra station at 35th Street, including some renderings:

http://www.infrastructure-eng.com/site/epage/65108_709.htm

Has anybody heard about any construction schedule or committed funding for this?

BubblingCalderon
02-03-2009, 06:59 PM
I Take the Rock island Line everyday and they have not started building the station. I thought I heard a couple years back that the station was supposed to be completed by 2009. That station is like the 3rd Airport and the starline, It will probably never come.

skobabe8
02-03-2009, 08:29 PM
It wouldn't affect me in the least, but the renderings look OK.

I would like to see it done but I'm not going to hold my breath.

ChicagoHoosier
02-04-2009, 10:13 AM
We just need the northern lines to connect directly to this line, then it would help. Still no good/fast way to go to The Cell from the northern burbs. Train to L to game is a LONG trip.

nasox
02-04-2009, 11:45 AM
We just need the northern lines to connect directly to this line, then it would help. Still no good/fast way to go to The Cell from the northern burbs. Train to L to game is a LONG trip.

I've done it. Many times.

nug0hs
02-04-2009, 01:46 PM

Agreed. Its quite painful. I've gone from Linden all the way to 35th many times, and its awful.

WhiteSox1983
02-04-2009, 02:41 PM

Not that your trip is a pain. But im a sox fan trapped in san diego. Try our public transportation. It is quite laughable. I live in San Diego city limits, 6 miles from petco park. It takes about 45-50 minutes to commute to a game.

whitesox901
02-04-2009, 02:48 PM
sweet :cool:

russ99
02-04-2009, 03:15 PM

Agreed. Its quite painful. I've gone from Linden all the way to 35th many times, and its awful.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Take the Metra North Line train (coming from Kenosha) all the way in to Oglivie station.

When you get off the train, go the other direction from the main terminal, there's sets of stairs leading downward.

That leads to small north terminal, exit that terminal west (should be left side).

At the street, turn right then walk two blocks north to the CTA Green Line Clinton stop, and take it south about 10 minutes to the 35-Tech stop, 2 blocks east of Sox park.

It's 3-4 blocks of walking, but vastly faster and much less crowded than the Red Line.

jdm2662
02-04-2009, 04:03 PM
I'll let you in on a little secret. Take the Metra North Line train (coming from Kenosha) all the way in to Oglivie station.

When you get off the train, go the other direction from the main terminal, there's sets of stairs leading downward.

That leads to small north terminal, exit that terminal west (should be left side).

At the street, turn right then walk two blocks north to the CTA Green Line Clinton stop, and take it south about 10 minutes to the 35-Tech stop, 2 blocks east of Sox park.

It's 3-4 blocks of walking, but vastly faster and much less crowded than the Red Line.

Agreed. I take the green line now. I take the Elburn line, get off at Oak Park, and hop on the the green line there. Much easier.

C-Dawg
02-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Agreed. I take the green line now. I take the Elburn line, get off at Oak Park, and hop on the the green line there. Much easier.

As handy as that is, the only thing that keeps me from going that way is the limited Sunday schedules on the Metra. Those 2-hour waits between trains can be a killer.

If I knew, FOR SURE, that I could park in downtown Oak Park, I'd just drive there and take the Green Line for every game. Unfortunately, I've scoped out the area and was completely confused whether or not I could park there. They had a lot of short-term meters but no indication if it was OK to park there for several hours on a weekend. So instead I park at Des Plaines Avenue and take the Blue Line...

russ99
02-04-2009, 04:57 PM

The only part that stinks about that is the wait on the ride back, since the Green Line doesn't seem to have many extra trains after the game. Especially so if you're trying to make a train at Oglivie.

BRDSR
02-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Not that your trip is a pain. But im a sox fan trapped in san diego. Try our public transportation. It is quite laughable. I live in San Diego city limits, 6 miles from petco park. It takes about 45-50 minutes to commute to a game.

Might as well jog to the game. Would take the same amount of time and you'd get some exercise to compensate for the beer and dogs.

TheOzziePlan
02-04-2009, 07:28 PM
I've been waiting for this stop for a while now. Coming from the south, it's a huge pain to get to the red line. The only other option is to take the orange line north and come back down on the red (not very feasible). The Rock Island has a stop around a mile from my house, so this is a subject I've been keeping up with for a while. They've been yanking collective chain for a couple of years now, and I'm starting to believe it's one of those things that's just never going to happen.

BubblingCalderon
02-04-2009, 09:11 PM
You can get off the Orange line at 35th street/Archer on the way to the park and take the 35th Street bus to the park. Its fast, runs often and drops you of at the front door. Or right in front of grandstand so you can spend the money you saved not parking on Sox merchandise. The only problem is the bus doesn't run (or at least I've never seen it run) after a nite game. What I end up doing is taking the green line orange line combo back to midway

chisoxfanatic
02-05-2009, 03:11 PM
You can get off the Orange line at 35th street/Archer on the way to the park and take the 35th Street bus to the park. Its fast, runs often and drops you of at the front door. Or right in front of grandstand so you can spend the money you saved not parking on Sox merchandise. The only problem is the bus doesn't run (or at least I've never seen it run) after a nite game. What I end up doing is taking the green line orange line combo back to midway
You can still get to the Orange Line from near the ballpark after game days on weeknights. Just take the 44 - Wallace bus, which has a stop right by Grandstand. The northernmost stop on that bus line is the Halsted Orange Line stop.

You just can't do this on weekends, as that bus line stops service at around 6 pm.

soxfan2504
02-05-2009, 08:28 PM

Just looked at the 35th Street bus schedule, and it does appear to run after night games, both weekdays as well as weekends, though only every 20 minutes by about 10:30. Might be a decent option if you're willing to wait, and possibly a way to beat the crowd if the timing's right. You'd think the CTA would commit a few more buses to that section of the route (there's a garage at Pershing & Archer) after Sox night games, as I imagine more people would take it if they see it.

But then again, doing that just seems to make too much sense, and this is the CTA after all.

Here's the link to the schedule:
http://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/bus_schedules/35.pdf

nitetrain8601
02-07-2009, 05:15 PM

Yes, but for us folks who live on the southside of chicago around Beverly, Morgan Park, Blue Island, Lemont, etc, that stop needs to be made or else public transportation is not an option. Heck, it stops me from getting at least an Ozzie plan simply because I don't have the time on a weeknight or weekends(when I do work) to make the trip all the way to the park which would normally be a 20 minute ride on the Metra or 20 minute car ride. It ends up being an hour if you have a Metra in front of your house, catch it, there are no delays, you get off, run a couple of blocks to the red line, then as you get down the stairs, the train is opening it's doors. At that, it's more like at least an hour and a half, but normally 2 and a half hours.

Shoeless
02-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Yes, but for us folks who live on the southside of chicago around Beverly, Morgan Park, Blue Island, Lemont, etc, that stop needs to be made or else public transportation is not an option. Heck, it stops me from getting at least an Ozzie plan simply because I don't have the time on a weeknight or weekends(when I do work) to make the trip all the way to the park which would normally be a 20 minute ride on the Metra or 20 minute car ride. It ends up being an hour if you have a Metra in front of your house, catch it, there are no delays, you get off, run a couple of blocks to the red line, then as you get down the stairs, the train is opening it's doors. At that, it's more like at least an hour and a half, but normally 2 and a half hours.

It's absurd that someone in the New Lenox area can get to the Urinal via public transportation easier than Comiskey.

mrfourni
02-09-2009, 10:11 AM
It's absurd that someone in the New Lenox area can get to the Urinal via public transportation easier than Comiskey.

I don't know how it would be any easier. It's still the Metra to the red line either way.

35th&Shields
02-12-2009, 09:51 AM

You're in Southern California. Get a bike.

35th&Shields
02-12-2009, 09:59 AM

Doesn't Pace run a SoxExpress bus or something like that from down there?

EMachine10
02-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Doesn't Pace run a SoxExpress bus or something like that from down there?
Yes, from certain spots. I've taken it a few times and it's been great. I would highly recommend it if the line is still in service. I know there was one in Burr Ridge and Tinley/Orland.

35th&Shields
02-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Yes, but for us folks who live on the southside of chicago around Beverly, Morgan Park, Blue Island, Lemont, etc, that stop needs to be made or else public transportation is not an option.

Why don't you get a lift down 95th street to the 95th Street Red Line stop?

Cat Thief
02-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Why don't you get a lift down 95th street to the 95th Street Red Line stop?

Yeah and don't forget your gun.

duke of dorwood
02-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Yes, from certain spots. I've taken it a few times and it's been great. I would highly recommend it if the line is still in service. I know there was one in Burr Ridge and Tinley/Orland.

That bus stops at the Oak Lawn Metra station

It works well-take the Bears Shuttle from there too

WhiteSox1983
02-15-2009, 11:58 PM
You're in Southern California. Get a bike.

To be truthful, I am deathly afraid to ride a bike. I don't trust the cars.

I lived down on 69th street (in fact my pops still lives there). For the most part if you mind your own than you will be left alone.

minutia
02-16-2009, 12:35 AM
The Red Line is simply not a safe option especially for night games. I used to take it all the time when I was a poor student and was robbed more than I would of liked to of been. Plus there is really no where to park there. The teased Metra stop would be ideal but I think that with the economy that will be tabled indefiately.

To be truthful, I am deathly afraid to ride a bike. I don't trust the cars.

I lived down on 69th street (in fact my pops still lives there). For the most part if you mind your own than you will be left alone.

35th&Shields
02-16-2009, 02:16 PM

Come on. I'm not going to minimize how bad that neighborhood is, because it is one of the worst in the country. But I'm sure you would be OK getting off the El and then getting picked up. And that beats the 2-hour commutes people are complaining about.

SOXfnNlansing
02-16-2009, 03:39 PM
The Red Line is simply not a safe option especially for night games. I used to take it all the time when I was a poor student and was robbed more than I would of liked to of been. Plus there is really no where to park there. The teased Metra stop would be ideal but I think that with the economy that will be tabled indefiately.

I live in Oak Lawn. Most games in the past, I would drive down 111th to I57, get off at 87th, and park in that big parking lot where there used to be a ToysRus. I'd pay the 1.50 or 2.00 to get on the train. Parking is free there. I have to say that I never had a problem on there, even with my small son. Now I have red lot parking and don't take the train anymore.

ps. I did the redline commute over 200 times. Day or night game. My last time was last year's playoff. That game, I actually rode with someone to the game. They wanted to go out afterwards (the Ray's clinching game). I took the redline to 95th. I got off and waited for the bus that takes you to 111th and Western (that's where my truck was parked).

35th&Shields
02-16-2009, 03:42 PM
I live in Oak Lawn. Most games in the past, I would drive down 111th to I57, get off at 87th, and park in that big parking lot where there used to be a ToysRus. I'd pay the 1.50 or 2.00 to get on the train. Parking is free there. I have to say that I never had a problem on there, even with my small son. Now I have red lot parking and don't take the train anymore.

ps. I did the redline commute over 200 times. Day or night game. My last time was last year's playoff. That game, I actually rode with someone to the game. They wanted to go out afterwards (the Ray's clinching game). I took the redline to 95th. I got off and waited for the bus that takes you to 111th and Western (that's where my truck was parked).

Glad to hear you lived to tell the tale............

sachin
02-16-2009, 06:31 PM

I have never had a problem on the Red Line to 95th Street, and have taken it many times of the day and evening. If you sit on the car with the train engineer, there should not be any problem of any sort.

sachin
02-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Glad to hear you lived to tell the tale............

Has something happened to you on the Red Line?

Frater Perdurabo
02-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Has something happened to you on the Red Line?

Yeah. He got murdered on the Red Line. Now he's warning us from the afterlife.

Luke
03-05-2009, 04:59 PM
CMAP is meeting tomorrow to discuss approval of a funding plan that includes$7.9 million for a Metra Station at 35th street. Blurb in the 6th paragraph.

http://www.chitowndailynews.org/Chicago_news/CTA_Metra_vie_for_stimulus_dollars,23410

roylestillman
03-05-2009, 06:19 PM
CMAP is meeting tomorrow to discuss approval of a funding plan that includes$7.9 million for a Metra Station at 35th street. Blurb in the 6th paragraph.

http://www.chitowndailynews.org/Chicago_news/CTA_Metra_vie_for_stimulus_dollars,23410
After about 15 years of planning, if this project isn't "shovel ready" nothing is. Technical question: Is CMAP a replacement for CATS (Chicago Area Transportation Study?)

HomeFish
03-05-2009, 10:06 PM
The Red Line is simply not a safe option especially for night games. I used to take it all the time when I was a poor student and was robbed more than I would of liked to of been

How long ago was this? The green and red lines sure do go through some rough neighborhoods, but on the whole I think it is safer in 2009 than, say, 10-20 years ago.

I used to live in Hyde Park and would routinely take the Green Line to 55th after night games. I know that doesn't hit the worst areas, but it does go through some bad ones. I was never physically or economically harmed. Did I have people come up to me and make threatening comments? Sure, but they never lived up to them.

nitetrain8601
03-06-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm sure the people saying the red line isn't that bad haven't been through Roseland or Englewood at 11pm. I have friends who live there as well and they say it's not a place you want to be caught outside. Plus, the redline only goes up until 95th. For me, I still have to find a way to get to Western, then 115th.

AZChiSoxFan
03-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Yeah. He got murdered on the Red Line. Now he's warning us from the afterlife.

:rolling:

nitetrain8601
03-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Looks like the stop got approved. http://www.chitowndailynews.org/Chicago_news/CTA_gets_green_light_for_241_million_in_stimulus_p rojects,23458 28 minutes to the Cell from my house now. Thank the lord.

bridgeportcopper
03-10-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm sure the people saying the red line isn't that bad haven't been through Roseland or Englewood at 11pm. I have friends who live there as well and they say it's not a place you want to be caught outside. Plus, the redline only goes up until 95th. For me, I still have to find a way to get to Western, then 115th.
Nitetrain, sounds like you live VERY close to me!

WS in 05
03-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Looks like the stop got approved. http://www.chitowndailynews.org/Chicago_news/CTA_gets_green_light_for_241_million_in_stimulus_p rojects,23458 28 minutes to the Cell from my house now. Thank the lord.

Yea I sure can't wait til 2014.:redneck

bradchifan3
03-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Nitetrain, sounds like you live VERY close to me!

West Beverly=Mt. Greenwood even though you guys don't want to admit it. Come over to the east side of Western if you want to be in Beverly with the rest of us :tongue:

WhiffleBall
04-06-2009, 12:05 PM
It looks like it will be done by the middle of the 2010 season if all goes well...

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/tridgell/1512590,040609tridgell.article

dwalteroo
04-06-2009, 12:28 PM
That's awesome. As a former Oak Forest-er (-ite?), this will be great for south suburban fans.

#1swisher
04-06-2009, 01:22 PM
How long ago was this? The green and red lines sure do go through some rough neighborhoods, but on the whole I think it is safer in 2009 than, say, 10-20 years ago.

I used to live in Hyde Park and would routinely take the Green Line to 55th after night games. I know that doesn't hit the worst areas, but it does go through some bad ones. I was never physically or economically harmed. Did I have people come up to me and make threatening comments? Sure, but they never lived up to them.

Just recently on the Blue Line, there were a couple of holdups @ 3:30pm. The criminals were identified on camera and arrested.
I agree with the poster that said to sit in the first car. In past seasons @ night if you leave with the crowd there isn't an issue.

MeteorsSox4367
04-06-2009, 03:48 PM
South and southwest suburbanites can go to the Sox games and also send their kids to the high school just east of the new Metra stop on 35th that a certain poster (cough, cough) is employed by.

I'd just like to keep my job, thanks.

DumpJerry
05-06-2009, 11:27 PM
The new stop will open July, 2010 (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-mies-kamin-07-may07,0,1698238.story).

Hitmen77
05-06-2009, 11:35 PM
The new stop will open July, 2010 (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-mies-kamin-07-may07,0,1698238.story).

Just in time to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Sox moving to 35th and Shields.:cool:

TealTank
05-07-2009, 04:32 PM

Really? I stayed at the Hilton near the Padres old stadium, took the train to Petco and it took about 30 mins. Not sure what stop you take, but if that is the commute time, that is terrible.

skobabe8
05-07-2009, 04:34 PM
People are really trying to save that little brick box?? Come on.

doublem23
05-07-2009, 04:36 PM
People are really trying to save that little brick box?? Come on.

Seems kind of stupid, but it is a Mies van der Rohe. :shrug:

skobabe8
05-07-2009, 05:49 PM

I know, but supposedly it has been altered from its original design. Even so, isn't it better for the good of the city to replace this forgetable brick box with infrastructure, no matter who designed it? There are plenty of Mies buildings that need to be protected, but not this one.

roylestillman
05-07-2009, 05:50 PM
In the case of that building, less of it would be more.

LoveYourSuit
05-07-2009, 06:25 PM
I will be honest to admit I have never traveled on a Metra change. I never have worked in downtown to need it.

How will this benefit someone like me who lives in the Aurora/Naperville area. Will I be able to jump on that train here get off at Union station and jumped on the train that connects you to the ballpark?

Does Metra even provide transfers?

DumpJerry
05-08-2009, 12:08 AM
I will be honest to admit I have never traveled on a Metra change. I never have worked in downtown to need it.

How will this benefit someone like me who lives in the Aurora/Naperville area. Will I be able to jump on that train here get off at Union station and jumped on the train that connects you to the ballpark?

Not sure what a Metra change is, but to answer both questions: no and no. Different stations. Nearby, but different.

doublem23
05-08-2009, 12:14 AM

No, the line that runs out to Naperville/Aurora terminates at Union Station in downtown Chicago, while the line that runs next to the Cell goes to the LaSalle St. station, and even if you wanted to make the 4-5 block walk in Downtown Chicago at 10 o'clock at night, Metra trains do not run regularly (if at all) once the evening rush hour ends.

This is really only going to help people who live on the Rock Island District line that runs from Joliet to Chicago.

cards press box
05-08-2009, 03:52 PM

I'm not a fan of van der Rohe's style. I look at buildings like the Federal Building and the Daley Center and I find them bleak and severe. Who needs more "bleak and severe" in their lives, anyway?

P.S. Can't wait for the new Metra station.

doublem23
05-08-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm not a fan of van der Rohe's style. I look at buildings like the Federal Building and the Daley Center and I find them bleak and severe. Who needs more "bleak and severe" in their lives, anyway?

P.S. Can't wait for the new Metra station.

I don't know, I'm not the world's biggest fan of van der Rohe, but I think there is a certain simplistic elegance to the steel and window look, especially in a city like Chicago that already has a strong pre-modern influence as well.

If you want bleak and severe, you need to see the County Courthouse here in Peoria (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/176/424123106_fbbdb174e5.jpg?v=0)... I struggle to think how this building could be any more depressing, tiny windows, inconvienent layout, and generally ugly compared to the older buildings here. What I wouldn't give for a floor-to-ceiling window in my office.

That said, I don't care at all about this pillbox. I doubt van der Rohe would, either.

Cat Thief
05-27-2009, 04:43 PM

I don't like the looks of it but I will be happy when it is built.

doublem23
05-27-2009, 04:47 PM

I don't like the looks of it but I will be happy when it is built.

So... Is there going to be a staircase that goes up at a normal angle for people who don't want to walk 1/2 mile to go up 1 story?

DSpivack
05-27-2009, 04:51 PM
So... Is there going to be a staircase that goes up at a normal angle for people who don't want to walk 1/2 mile to go up 1 story?

The staircase doesn't seem that bad. It's just connected with the ramps that makes it look like that.

Lorenzo Barcelo
06-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Construction has started today.

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/1643992,metra-cellular-field-0629.article

ewokpelts
06-29-2009, 04:50 PM

There is a blogger making a stink about the train station.
I dont think he realizes that Metra got the land for FREE.

skobabe8
06-29-2009, 04:53 PM

Sweet. I look forward to watching the progress since I walk by the site for every game.

MeteorsSox4367
06-29-2009, 05:16 PM
I work at the Catholic high school located a few blocks east of the Metra stop and my bosses were in attendance today at the ceremony.

The 35th Street stop will be nice for Sox fans, as well as those parents who want to send their kids to a great Catholic high school located just east of there.:D:

mrfourni
06-29-2009, 05:21 PM

This is great news. As of now, I have to jump on the red line north to downtown, and usually run to catch a train to avoid an hour wait to catch the next one.

CLUBHOUSE KID
06-29-2009, 05:47 PM
I work at the Catholic high school located a few blocks east of the Metra stop and my bosses were in attendance today at the ceremony.

The 35th Street stop will be nice for Sox fans, as well as those parents who want to send their kids to a great Catholic high school located just east of there.:D:

I have seen you post here many times on here and noticed the "Meteors" in your name. I just saw this post. Question---Do you work at De La Salle hence the "Meteors" part in your username?

nasox
06-29-2009, 06:28 PM
I have seen you post here many times on here and noticed the "Meteors" in your name. I just saw this post. Question---Do you work at De La Salle hence the "Meteors" part in your username?

What other catholic school could he be talking about? I think it's pretty obvious.

CLUBHOUSE KID
06-29-2009, 06:59 PM
What other catholic school could he be talking about? I think it's pretty obvious.

Nice attitude! :rolleyes:

Hitmen77
06-30-2009, 11:22 AM
No, the line that runs out to Naperville/Aurora terminates at Union Station in downtown Chicago, while the line that runs next to the Cell goes to the LaSalle St. station, and even if you wanted to make the 4-5 block walk in Downtown Chicago at 10 o'clock at night, Metra trains do not run regularly (if at all) once the evening rush hour ends.

This is really only going to help people who live on the Rock Island District line that runs from Joliet to Chicago.

I thought I heard that Metra was planning to reroute the Southwest Service trains to Orland Park so that they will also stop at this station (I believe the SW service trains currently run on the tracks that are just west of the Cell).

So, this station will serve two Metra lines (Rock Island and Southwest Service). It'll benefit people who live in places like Tinley Park, Orland Park, and Joliet. But there won't really be a direct benefit for people who live in the west, nw, or north suburbs.

ewokpelts
07-21-2009, 12:31 PM
I was by the park today, but saw no construction. Where are they putting this?

DumpJerry
07-21-2009, 12:32 PM
I was by the park today, but saw no construction. Where are they putting this?
35th Street just east of the Dan Ryan.

ewokpelts
07-21-2009, 12:41 PM
35th Street just east of the Dan Ryan.east or west of the metra tracks?
the east side of the metra tracks had nothing going on.

sachin
10-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Hello everyone, I was at the IIT today and stopped to see if there was some progress on this but I have not seen any machines or material for the new stop. Has there been a delay on the progress of this stop?

FielderJones
10-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Hello everyone, I was at the IIT today and stopped to see if there was some progress on this but I have not seen any machines or material for the new stop. Has there been a delay on the progress of this stop?

Scheduled completion fall 2010 (http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home/about_metra/capitalprojects/station_parking_projects.html), so you won't be riding there next summer. :(:

roylestillman
10-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Well the good news is by the time this thing is actually constructed, I'll be old enough to ride Metra for free to see them retire Beckham's number.

Waysouthsider
10-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Well, folks, you all are in good shape as far as I'm concerned, I teach at SIUC (go dawgs!) and live in Herrin, IL.....we do 6+ hours on the AMTRAK on a good day to get to Union station in order to hop on the red line to go to the southside. Typically we start about 6am in the morning to make it to the night games at 7pm.

We try to catch the whole series and then either head back the next day on the 8am AMTRAK and get home around 4pm or on getaway days sometimes we can catch the City of New Orleans and get back home about 4am.

Still we make it to about one series a month.....

When watching from home we get jammed by the fact that although we're over 300 miles from the city we are still "blacked out" everytime the "U" broadcasts a game and we can't even catch it on our extra innings...but that's another story....I still can't figure that one out :scratch:

havelj
10-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Thank you for your recent email. Relative to your inquiry, Metra's station
on Lovana Street is under construction and is scheduled to be completed late
next year.

Regards,

Metra

roylestillman
10-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Thank you for your recent email. Relative to your inquiry, Metra's station
on Lovana Street is under construction and is scheduled to be completed late
next year.

Regards,

Metra

So...... We'll see the Sox down at Lovana and Shields next year?

Regards indeed.

Brian26
10-19-2009, 06:49 PM
So...... We'll see the Sox down at Lovana and Shields next year?

Regards indeed.

Is Lovana the north-south street? I thought the station was to be built at 35th and Federal.

southside rocks
10-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Is Lovana the north-south street? I thought the station was to be built at 35th and Federal.

Lovana's an honorary name for the station, after a state legislator. I have no idea why the reply from Metra made reference to "Lovana Street" -- the station is to be at 35th and LaSalle, AFAIK.

http://www.house.gov/list/press/il01_rush/pr090609.shtml

ewokpelts
10-20-2009, 02:59 PM
any pics of the site?