Juice16
02-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I love those, great job!

Rohan
02-02-2009, 04:41 PM
I really like the top one. Very sharp.

doublem23
02-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Interesting. Better than the pajamas they ended up wearing for most of the 1980s.

johnnyg83
02-02-2009, 04:49 PM
BTW, I didn't do those. But it's interesting to wonder if they'd gone to something like those if they would have ever morphed to the silver and black current unis.

SoxGirl4Life
02-02-2009, 04:50 PM
I love the little "SOX" guy..

EnglishChiSox
02-02-2009, 06:05 PM
As someone mentions in that thread the 80's logo and the old style numbers and letters do not work together, good that the 80's stuff happened or we wouldn't have what we have now which is some of the best uni's in baseball imo.

LITTLE NELL
02-02-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm pretty sure our Sox have changed unis more than any other MLB team. I don't ever want to see another change, we have the best unis right now with our 50s unis a close second, however the concepts shown in this thread are a lot better than the Veeck pajama tops.

WhiteSox5187
02-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I think the road top should still be that navy color blue. Not a bad idea though.

chisox77
02-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Interesting choices and a bit tempting.

However, I like our uniforms as they are. They are the best in baseball. So no change is needed!

:cool:

Thome25
02-03-2009, 02:08 PM
The White Sox needed to stop playing musical uniforms. They've done that with the current uniforms. In 2009, they will be wearing the current uniform designs for almost 20 seasons. (19 to be exact.)

I can't believe they've been wearing the same unis for so long!! I think they need to keep the current uniform FOREVER.......keep the uniform tradition alive by keeping the same uniforms for the foreseeable future......we need to do the same thing as the Yankees, Cardinals, Dodgers, Tigers, and every other team that never changes uniforms designs.

WTS.....I think the fan designs in the link are nice but, no thanks!!

esbrechtel
02-03-2009, 02:11 PM
I am not a fan of the red white and blue sox....every team in our division has at least some of those colors (twins, Indians same scheme, Tigers navy...)

Railsplitter
02-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Great idea, only 30+ years too late.

ChicagoHoosier
02-04-2009, 10:19 AM
The White Sox needed to stop playing musical uniforms. They've done that with the current uniforms. In 2009, they will be wearing the current uniform designs for almost 20 seasons. (19 to be exact.)

I can't believe they've been wearing the same unis for so long!! I think they need to keep the current uniform FOREVER.......keep the uniform tradition alive by keeping the same uniforms for the foreseeable future......we need to do the same thing as the Yankees, Cardinals, Dodgers, Tigers, and every other team that never changes uniforms designs.

WTS.....I think the fan designs in the link are nice but, no thanks!!

Except the Cards had one mishap, as many teams in the 70s and 80s did... The baby blues uni.

johnnyg83
02-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Except the Cards had one mishap, as many teams in the 70s and 80s did... The baby blues uni.

The Tigers had bad pullover away jerseys in the 70s/80s and the Dodgers had blue alts. just a few years ago.

tick53
02-06-2009, 02:04 PM
I hate 'em. We've got the best unis in baseball. I never want to see them change.

tonyce
02-16-2009, 12:55 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=236&f=2262&t=3637730

Sorry guys, but the White Sox tradition is the Old English logo of 1950-1975. They had red, blue, and black a with red outline. I prefer the red one.

Bill Veeck's cereal box logo of 1976 to 1990 was a huge mistake by the White Sox organization. Veeck should have left well enough alone the logo and uniforms of 1975. All he had to do was put the names on the back of the uniforms like he did in 1960. The White Sox red pinstripes in my opinion were the best they ever wore.

I revised the uniform to display the Old English logo of 1975. It is famous and they represent the Sox.

Note: This is the original Old English logo, NOT the present Old English logo.

soltrain21
02-16-2009, 01:11 PM
I hate 'em. We've got the best unis in baseball. I never want to see them change.

I'm a big fan of the Tigers unis. The only thing I would change for the Sox is maybe add an accent color (dark green possibly?) and do something with the black jerseys (or get rid of them entirely).

Nellie_Fox
02-16-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm a big fan of the Tigers unis. The only thing I would change for the Sox is maybe add an accent color ...
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-2431499dt.jpg

MtGrnwdSoxFan
02-16-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm a big fan of the Tigers unis. The only thing I would change for the Sox is maybe add an accent color (dark green possibly?) and do something with the black jerseys (or get rid of them entirely).

I have always thought that green would look really sharp on the Sox uniforms.

I LOVE the St. Patty's Day unis. Even if its just a green accent or green trim, I think adding green to the uniform would make it more aesthetically pleasing.

Frontman
02-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Pretty cool; although I might be in a minority saying I enjoyed the 80's uniforms.

PalehosePlanet
02-16-2009, 07:13 PM

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Our accent color is sliver. The colors are black and white.

The 50's uniforms had the dark red outlining the numbers and the logo, the current have silver outlining the numbers and logo.

Are you talking about adding the silver outline to the logo on the caps? Or are you saying that we should get rid of the silver for another color?

RF/DH#3
02-16-2009, 09:41 PM
The 80's uniforms were COOL but then again I was a little kid at the time...

hi im skot
02-16-2009, 10:07 PM
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-2431499dt.jpg

Yep. If the Sox decided that uniform changes were necessary (they're not), I would hope the design is based off of this.

Red Barchetta
02-17-2009, 09:28 AM
I love our current (19-year run) uniforms! I had always loved the Raiders look in the NFL growing up and I thought it was great back when the SOX introduced their current uniforms with the silver & black and thinking "duh" why did it take so long for a MLB team to use a similar color scheme?! It is unique and we were way ahead of the "black is a cool color" scheme that many teams adopted as alternates.

However, I would like to see some small tweaks to our current uniforms. I would like to see the black road alternate jereseys use the same "Chicago" script as the grey tops and add a silver bill alternate road hat to be worn with those jerseys.

I would then like to see the black home alternate jerseys maintain the SOX logo and drop the piping around the sleeves as that trim matches up with the grey road pants and not the home pinstripes. Or keep the piping and add new white alternate home pants with the piping down the sides similar to the road greys instead of the pinstripes. Maybe add the Chicago flag patch to the sleeve of the home alternate black jerseys.

On a separate note, do the SOX have an alternate BP hat for 2009? Durnig the spring training report on TV the other night, I thought I saw a couple of the players wearing a black BP hat (with earpiping) that had a silver bill. I know the Rays have both a solid and mutli-color BP hat and was curious if anyone else saw this....

soltrain21
02-17-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Our accent color is sliver. The colors are black and white.

The 50's uniforms had the dark red outlining the numbers and the logo, the current have silver outlining the numbers and logo.

Are you talking about adding the silver outline to the logo on the caps? Or are you saying that we should get rid of the silver for another color?

Get rid of the silver for another color. It's hardly noticeable.

soxfanreggie
02-17-2009, 01:44 PM
I like the top versions for a "retro" day.